collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your restored ponies!  (Read 7337 times)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
Re: Show me your restored ponies!
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2017, 12:02:04 PM »
Eldarwen, they look stunning! Was that restoration all achieved by sunfading?

I use sunfading as much as possible. I live in the north, so sunfading is not an option during the winter (I can't even remember the last time I saw sun! :(). So I use acne creams on ponies that will stay in my own collection. Baby Moondancer for example, she was whitened with acne cream almost 9 years ago. :) Still as beautiful as in the picture!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2017, 12:40:17 PM »
Eldarwen, they look stunning! Was that restoration all achieved by sunfading?

I use sunfading as much as possible. I live in the north, so sunfading is not an option during the winter (I can't even remember the last time I saw sun! :(). So I use acne creams on ponies that will stay in my own collection. Baby Moondancer for example, she was whitened with acne cream almost 9 years ago. :) Still as beautiful as in the picture!

Lovely!   :biggrin:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2017, 04:27:06 PM »
Periodic reminder that just because you may see some people still advocating the use of acne cream... you should not use acne cream. It's simply not worth the risk with how much damage it's known to do.

Like I guess feel free to keep using it on your ponies if you want, Eldarwen. I know we've discussed this on Instagram a few months back. But I really wanna warn you other guys that it is known to cause irreversible damage to ponies much later down the line because it keeps working for so long. I'd hate to see anyone accidentally ruin a pony of theirs due to misguided information on the internet...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 04:33:57 PM by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 »

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2017, 09:43:21 PM »
I still don't see the harm when you already have a baity pony you are not going to sell. Nothing to lose. Not going to get any worse than it already is.

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2017, 07:52:13 AM »
I still don't see the harm when you already have a baity pony you are not going to sell. Nothing to lose. Not going to get any worse than it already is.
But people can still read this thread, see that acne cream is this magical cure, and then go and do it without knowing the risks. I think a lot of people want to know what a restoration method can do and if you don't disclose that it can discolor ponies worse than what you started with, they might try it. They should know what could happen before going full on acne cream. People aren't saying its bad to do it to your collection if you know the risks: they are saying it's bad to tell people it's fine when it can discolor their pony and probably will discolor their pony. When you say "oh, it's fine! The pony is already baity and you won't sell it afterwards" you aren't disclosing the risks involved. We have to say those risks.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2017, 08:03:55 AM »
But people can still read this thread, see that acne cream is this magical cure, and then go and do it without knowing the risks. I think a lot of people want to know what a restoration method can do and if you don't disclose that it can discolor ponies worse than what you started with, they might try it. They should know what could happen before going full on acne cream. People aren't saying its bad to do it to your collection if you know the risks: they are saying it's bad to tell people it's fine when it can discolor their pony and probably will discolor their pony. When you say "oh, it's fine! The pony is already baity and you won't sell it afterwards" you aren't disclosing the risks involved. We have to say those risks.

I completly agree with you. I always warn people about creams.  I even have a internet page dedicated to warning people what can happen, im always linking it when someone asks me about using creams. Telling them every single thing that can possibly happen from using the creams. And on purpose I did not mention using creams until someone asked me. I never do.

What I said was directed to TheBeatlesPkmnFan42. We have gone through this thing enough on instagram.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:15:51 AM by Eldarwen »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2017, 12:43:55 PM »
I'm really enjoying seeing everyone's restorations :cheer:

Love pkw xxx