collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me your restored ponies!  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • My Blog (in finnish)
Re: Show me your restored ponies!
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2017, 10:04:03 PM »
These topics are always my favorites. Great job everyone! ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login ~ You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Online glitterball

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 07:28:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Ah, lovely Rosette, one of my favourites (look at those cute freckles!)
her mane and tail look so silky and shiny now - super grooming!
 :lovey:
:glitter: :glitter: visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
 :glitter:

Offline Featherwurm

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • Featherwurm Graphics
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 04:41:54 PM »
AWESOME pindot removal - PLEASE let us know your secret to such a clean result - do you use a special soap or is it really just lots of patience and rub,rub,rub?

Aw man I really appreciate all the kind words guys!

For everyone asking on the pindot; it's mostly just elbow grease.  I wash the ponies with really hot water (as hot as I can stand to work with) which softens the vinyl* , then just scrub scrub scrub, I usually use my fingernails to help scrape the mold out.  If you don't have strong fingernails, a thin piece of plastic like a credit card, palate knife, or maybe even a piece of plastic packaging might work.  I also use just a basic detergent to help clean and disinfect.

*(don't worry, if you're not familiar with this, they'll firm back up when cool.)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Livia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
  • Newbie G1 collector since October 2017!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2017, 05:27:51 PM »
These restorations look awesome!

My Gusty has pindot and I need to find the time and patience to clean her....

Has anyone tried boiled milk which is said to work on mildew?

Online glitterball

• Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2017, 07:11:35 PM »
AWESOME pindot removal - PLEASE let us know your secret to such a clean result - do you use a special soap or is it really just lots of patience and rub,rub,rub?

Aw man I really appreciate all the kind words guys!

For everyone asking on the pindot; it's mostly just elbow grease.  I wash the ponies with really hot water (as hot as I can stand to work with) which softens the vinyl* , then just scrub scrub scrub, I usually use my fingernails to help scrape the mold out.  If you don't have strong fingernails, a thin piece of plastic like a credit card, palate knife, or maybe even a piece of plastic packaging might work.  I also use just a basic detergent to help clean and disinfect.

*(don't worry, if you're not familiar with this, they'll firm back up when cool.)

Haha, elbow grease and patience it is, then! Thanks for letting us know how you did it!  :thumb:

These restorations look awesome!

Boiled milk? I have not heard of this method before - has anyone tried it?
:glitter: :glitter: visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2017, 07:50:41 PM »
You guys are amazing...thats all I can say :lol:. I mean some of these before and after pics left me speechless  :shocked:
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+49)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Master of Orange Ponies
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2017, 09:11:53 PM »

I don't think that would do much. Most pindot is just dirt, not mold.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginYou are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginBelltock|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 09:40:35 PM »
I've got photos spread all over the place thanks to Photobucket :mad:
But I think this is the majority, still missing some.

(my dA is seriously out dated and sort of abandoned, btw)

They are amazing!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline RoseNoire

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • pony count : 146 =D
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2017, 09:01:35 AM »
Let me present you Morning Glory, my childhood flutter pony. She has so much changed, it feels great to see her all clean and fresh ! I'm happy with the unfrizz and the re-curling. What do you think ? =) Hope it satisfies your eyes.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:26:31 AM by RoseNoire »
 Life, time and space is wonderful. We exist to be happy collecting colorful equines. :hope:

Online glitterball

• Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2017, 10:35:04 AM »
RoseNoire, Morning Glory looks as good as new! Very good work!  :lovey:
It is so satisfying to have your childhood ponies looking fresh again!

Offline RoseNoire

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
  • pony count : 146 =D
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 05:32:56 PM »
Thank you GlitterBall. =)
And now, i just finished her wings. How do they look ? Personally, I love them. I wonder if anyone would be interested to commission a pair of wings to me. But I feel bad for trying to capitalize on this absolutely free tutorial You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login so I'll pass my idea.  :lol:'
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 10:26:59 AM by RoseNoire »
 Life, time and space is wonderful. We exist to be happy collecting colorful equines. :hope:

Online glitterball

• Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2017, 06:27:08 PM »
Thank you GlitterBall. =)
And now, i just finished her wings. How do they look ? Personally, I love them. I wonder if anyone would be interested to commission a pair of wings to me. But I feel bad for trying to capitalize on this absolutely free tutorial You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login so I'll pass my idea.  :lol:'

Oh how absolutely lovely! The turquoise tint of the swirls really go well with her body/hair colourings!
So, so pretty! Great work!!  :lovey:

That tutorial is brilliant, isn't it? It makes it so much easier for more people to have the confidence to re-wing their flutters in their own way - and bring them back to life!  :biggrin:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 06:29:20 PM »
The pictures of your flutters aren't showing up.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online glitterball

• Be kind and sparkly!
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 06:59:04 PM »
The pictures of your flutters aren't showing up.
Ooh how strange Leave a Whisper - I can see them just fine  :shrug: I wonder what's going on?

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 07:49:10 PM »
Some lovely photos here - have to agree - the pin dot removal is sensational!
Want list: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login