collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello fellow pony fans! :3  (Read 490 times)

Offline Indigo-Etoile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
    • Viva-Indigo on deviantART
Hello fellow pony fans! :3
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:12:27 AM »
Hello everypony!

My name (or the one I go by online) is Indigo, but you can also call me Indi. ^.^

I'm new here (obviously), but like the rest of you I *love* My Little Pony! <3  I'm 34 and I've loved MLP since I was a kid, though it's only been in my adult years that I've become a real collector of the toys (it's easier when you are an adult, have your own money, and can buy whatever you want).  I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada, a total introvert (it's taken me several months to work up to writing this.....), a proud geekgirl, and a wannabe animal/anthro artist. :)  Aside from MLP I also recently got into LPS, and I used to have a large Pokemon collection too (I still love Pokemon, but I've sold off some of my collection to make room for MLP and LPS). :3  One thing all my collections have in common are that they are all colorful animals! <3

My favorite animals has always been horses/ponies/zebras, though I'm not sure what came first; my love of MLP, or my love of equines, haha.  Did I love MLP because I loved horses?  Or did I start to love horses because I loved MLP?  As far as I can remember, I've always loved both, so it's a bit of a chicken-and-egg thing. XD;

I love to collect the figures, but will also get a plush if it particularly catches my eye. <3  I especially favor the Build-a-Bear plush (I have 13 of them so far!), and I also love the G3 yarn-hair pony plushies. <3

For the figures I collect G1, G3/3.5, and G4/4.5.  I don't really have a favorite gen, as I like them all for different reasons, though I do really love the jewel-eyed and summer wing ponies from G1, and I adore the G4.5 sea ponies (I wish they'd make more!).

My favorite ponies from my collection are Gingerbread and Chief (G1), Love Wishes and Alphabittle (G3), Toola Roola (G3, 3.5), Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Starlight Glimmer and Tempest Shadow (G4/4.5). <3  I also have a fondness for Sweetcream Scoops (G4), who has but one lonely blindbad figure, but to my joy almost always gets a cameo in MLP comics drawn by Andy Price. :D  It's almost like 'Where's Waldo", except with Sweetcream Scoops, haha!

I'm not after all the ponies, collection-wise (I just don't have the room), just the ones I particularly love, but I'd really like to get all of the figures/plush that have stars as part of their cutie marks (stars are my absolutely most favorite symbol, and I'm a bit obsessed with them XD;).

I'd have to say, my collection would be a lot smaller if not for the thrift stores in my area. <3  I'd wager a guess that 60% of my current collection has come as thrift store finds/treasures that I've found, cleaned up and since loved. <3  Especially my two treasured G1 pony plushies, Bowtie and Lofty. X3  I've never found anything super rare, I think the rarest pony I've found is my G4 Diamond Rose, but it's just so nice to rescue a pony, and bring it home where it'll be appreciated and loved. <3

I'd also like to give custom-pony-making a try sometime.  I've drawn for years, but I've wanted to try something more hands-on, a craft, and I've done some small painting/sculpting projects which didn't turn out terrible, so I thought custom ponies might appeal to me. :)  I have plenty of bait ponies from different generations (found at local thrift stores), but I still need to buy a reroot tool, some new hair, and some sculpey before I'll feel ready to give it a go. ;)  I've also started watching some custom-pony youtubers (MLP Fever, Evies Toy House, MandaPanda, Sweet Treats Ponies, are my favorites!), so that I can learn tips and tricks to apply to my own ponies someday. ^.^

Well, I guess that's everything important.  It's nice to meet you all, and I'm excited to be here! ^__^ <3

- Indigo
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:53:30 AM by Indigo-Etoile »

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
Re: Hello fellow pony fans! :3
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 05:13:36 PM »
Welcome to the Arena! :bunny:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 05:23:32 PM »
Welcome to the arena! :) Your going to love it here!

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:41:49 PM »
Welcome to the Arena, Indigo!  :cheer: :welcome: :dance: :green:

Don't be shy, get stuck in!

We would love to see some of your rescued thrift ponies and your art - some of us use the free photo hosting site imgur to do this!

Hope you have lots of fun here!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Indigo-Etoile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Motion Pony
    • View Profile
    • Viva-Indigo on deviantART
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 06:58:33 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone! :)

I hope to post some photos of my collection someday, but right now I don't have anything at home but a radio. lol  No tv, no computer, no smartphone. ^.^;  I use a computer at my local library to access the internet, but I'm saving up for a new computer (the old one died a couple years ago), and I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I can! :D

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 03:51:05 PM »
Welcome to the Arena :newpony:

Hope you have a wonderful time here on the forum!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 12:44:14 PM »
Welcome to the Arena!
We're all a little nutty, so make yourself right at home! ;)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal