collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

When is it acceptable for the first snowfall of the season? [Southern hemisphere in brackets]

October 31 [April 30]
20 (10.8%)
December 1 [June 1]
64 (34.4%)
December 21 [June 21]
24 (12.9%)
January 1 [July 1]
8 (4.3%)
Anytime
28 (15.1%)
Never
31 (16.7%)
Other
11 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author Topic: Oh, the weather outside is frightful  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Oh, the weather outside is frightful
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 11:10:09 AM »
So yes, just for the Christmassy feel, it would be nice if it snowed in December then allowed the spring to come along afterwards and cheer everyone up with its warmth in the new year  :cool:

You joke about it, but that's pretty much exactly what happened last year where I live. Well, if you count a dusting of snow as enough snow for you. Except the cold weather disappeared right before Christmas. It returned for a couple of days in early January with another dusting and then it was gone for the rest of the "winter".

You know it's really bad when the poor meteorologists are being inundated with unhappy people on social media right now, because they're predicting warmer than average temperatures for the rest of November and a lot of people are already getting flustered about the prospect of another non-winter.

I mean to say you know it's really bad when there are people aside from me complaining about it.  :lol:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

|My Collection|

Offline Kikwifluff

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • Bait ponies need love too!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2017, 11:22:10 AM »
I said late December-- I live in the North East, and we're expecting a particularly bad winter this year. I love the snow, until it traps me in my home   ;)

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2017, 11:22:32 AM »
I put December 1st, because Christmas season feels like winter even if it isn't winter!!
It's been so warm this year, I'm scared it'll just be a dead grass Christmas. A few years ago it would dust on Thanksgiving, but that's becoming less likely with every 60 degree day.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2017, 11:30:32 AM »
So yes, just for the Christmassy feel, it would be nice if it snowed in December then allowed the spring to come along afterwards and cheer everyone up with its warmth in the new year  :cool:

You joke about it, but that's pretty much exactly what happened last year where I live. Well, if you count a dusting of snow as enough snow for you. Except the cold weather disappeared right before Christmas. It returned for a couple of days in early January with another dusting and then it was gone for the rest of the "winter".

You know it's really bad when the poor meteorologists are being inundated with unhappy people on social media right now, because they're predicting warmer than average temperatures for the rest of November and a lot of people are already getting flustered about the prospect of another non-winter.

I mean to say you know it's really bad when there are people aside from me complaining about it.  :lol:

:) I love the snow, it's all the logistical hassle that comes with it that makes me annoyed with it after the third day!

A couple of years ago, we actually had snow that stayed... it was novel to scrape the drive each morning but then as the snow turned into ice and the road had a layer of ice-rink on it (living in a cul-de-sac meant we had no gritter trucks) driving out became a game of dare. Us and a few neighbours managed to scrape up some sections of road but there was too much to do - we ended up using old carpets to help cars get momentum on the road as it was so skiddy!

Our region is just not equipped to deal with snow, just regular, mild, drizzly English weather!  :lol:

Offline Luxrayx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 12:09:10 PM »
As much as possible please! I tend to think of myself as a mostly happy person, but when there's snow around, that's when I feel truly happy. Maybe it's just because I can't handle heat at all so winter is the only time I feel energetic, or maybe it's because it gets so quiet or because it's so pretty or... Everything about it :D
Unfortunately I live in the southwest of Norway, which is notoriously mild and wet all year round. Except for that one year where the snow fell in December and melted in May, the snow never lasts long around here :(

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 02:00:57 PM »
I live in Florida, so I have to go with Never!  :P

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 05:54:07 PM »
Tomorrow, it's supposed to rain/possibly sleet & snow (and supposedly starting tonight).. Though it probably won't stick, I think the ground is too warm.

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2017, 06:54:49 PM »
I'd wish for December 1st, but it almost never happens. In  recent years , we got snow only in January. And nobody wants it then anymore.

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2017, 07:22:28 PM »
Here were I live the only mouths that you can say for certain there won't be snow is July and August :P. However on a normal year we tend to see flurries start to appear in October; though we don't tend to see any lasting snow cover till November. December and January tend to be our snowiest months (which I personally really like because I adore a good snowy Christmas). 
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »
Personally, I do not like snow, except for the possibility of doing handbrake turns in an empty, snow-covered parking lot. Otherwise, it's a cold, wet hassle. Not to mention, the slightest presence of snow makes the entire South go into full lockdown and close half of everything.

Good thing it only happens no more than twice a year.

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2017, 11:05:02 PM »
I'm a northener in the north. We got our first and second snowfall in octobre but both has melted away. I usually want snow from november as we used to get beautiful frisky winters, but the last two years has been sad with ice and plus degrees. Last christmas eve it rained! :( I love snow but hate what has begun to happen to the winters around here.

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2017, 01:35:52 AM »
I hate how England grinds to a panicky halt when it snows! And I also worry about my family driving to work when there's snow and ice. So I put 21st December, because everyone's off work/will soon be off work then, and I can enjoy the pretty snow without the panic.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2017, 07:08:22 AM »
Ummm it doesn't snow here.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2017, 07:48:04 AM »
I went with "anytime"  because it hasn't snowed here in years.  Even when it does, it's usually more ice than snow and lasts only a day.
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2017, 10:16:32 AM »
I chose December 1st, but like some of the other Britons have said, we don't really get snow. And honestly, that's for the best, as on those rare occasions that there is even an inch of snow, everything goes crazy, especially public transport. It's funny, London made it through the Olympics with a "Keep calm and carry on" attitude, but even a bit of snow and nothing goes anymore. So my honest answer to the question when I'd like to have snow is, "I don't mind when in winter, as long as I can stay at home".

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal