Pony Talk > Off Topic

Oh, the weather outside is frightful

(1/12) > >>

SourdoughStomper:
:snow: :snowing: :snowball: :sled: :ski: :cold:

It was raining lightly here on Halloween, and overnight it snowed. It's been here ever since. We even got 39 cm (15.35 in) of snow last week.

I have a love/hate relationship with snow. Mostly hate because I am not a big winter fan. It never snowed in my hometown in Arizona. I always wanted to find out what it was like in my childhood. (Oh, the irony).

That said, I can sometimes enjoy the beauty of snow. Especially if there is also hoarfrost on all the branches and things outside. It can be quite breathtaking. Also, it can be very bright outside when there is a clear blue sky and sunbeams reflecting that snow. One of my favorite things about winter is when we get those shaped snowflakes.

To answer my own poll, I have a temptation to say "never" is a good time to snow, but I imagine even I would miss it after awhile. (Miss it a little bit). So perhaps there can be snow for just one month, the month that winter starts. Then it can go away until next year. :P I'll say December 1st.

How do you feel about snow? :) Do you get snow where you live?

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42:
I don't have too much of an opinion on when it snows, but it snowed here a couple days ago. Not a whole lot, but it stuck a little bit and I took some pictures of some ponies in it (album here if you want to see).

It's really pretty when it snows and when the snow is fresh. But then when it snows a lot and it becomes all slushy and dirty on the sides of the roads, it becomes really ugly...

Littlesparklepony:
We still have 8 degrees here in the South of Sweden. Today was sunny but some Days are really grey and rainy.

Last time we had snow over Christmas was 2009. Many years we don´t hardly get any snow at all and if we do it melts away really fast.

So I would Love some snow and below freezing in December, especially over Christmas!  :snowball:

ladybastilla:
Ugh, I hate snow and ice. Where's the comes Dec. 23rd at midnight and leaves at 1 a.m. on Boxing Day option? :lol: I suppose that's not so realistic, so I picked December 21st. :)

Einhornbaby:
We usually have first snowfall by mid/end of november in my area :) If it does not come by then, it might comes later, in january. I can tell because my daughter and my husband have their birthdays in november (25th and 26th) and sometime we had snow and sometimes it was too warm and snow came after New Years Eve.
I hope we can expect some soon, its been going down to 2-4°C during the day! (I love snow, did you guess it already? lol).

Lol, funny thing to tell... my in-laws live next village (6km from here) and sometimes they have snow and we dont XD Its because their village is higher above mean sea level compared to us. Not much but sometimes its enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version