Pony Talk > MLP Nirvana

MOC Alternate Birthflower March - Badly Discoloured, Should I De-card?

(1/4) > >>

starstrider:
A long awaited eBay purchase arrived today!  A MOC Alternate Birthflower March Pony on the horizontal Danish card.  The Alternate Birthflower Ponies have been one of my ultimate grail sets from the start, and I now have 7/12 of them (a mix of loose and MOC).  Actually, I accidentally doubled up on the August (Poppy) pony, I still don't know how I managed that  :blush:

Sadly, this March pony is not in good condition.  Despite the fact that the plastic bubble is fully intact, she has had serious discolouration due to what I can only assume is sun damage.  As you can see in the pictures, the DS is very yellowed.  She has brown spots that I think is vinyl cancer.  Its not just the vinyl of her  body which is discoloured, but her mane and tail also.  I should have been more thorough when inspecting the eBay listing photos - had I seen the extent of the damage I would not have paid as much as I did for her.  I thought the yellowing was due to the bubble, but I was very wrong  :(

I loathe to de-card any mint pony.  But if she is removed from the card and is cleaned and restored to a better condition, I wonder if she would actually be better off?  I fear she is not worth a great deal severely discoloured as she is now, even MOC.  I'm very conflicted.  Can anyone here please advise me? 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Leave a Whisper:
She's not really mint though is she? Poor old girl. However that is entirely up to you.

starstrider:

--- Quote from: Leave a Whisper on November 06, 2017, 05:54:34 PM ---She's not really mint though is she? Poor old girl. However that is entire up to you.

--- End quote ---

Well, strictly speaking the term "mint" means that it has never been touched.  So technically she is still mint... she's just not in good condition due to what I can only assume is poor storage. 

NightGliderSA:
Oh no, that is so sad! I would be concerned that leaving her in her packaging would allow those marks to continue spreading, however I do not have experience with MIB/MIP ponies. That is just my personal opinion. Good luck with your dilemma.

kitkatvintage:
I would either see if you can return for a refund (if that's an option) or sell her on as-is. There are so few known examples from this set still on the card that I'm sure someone would love to own her as she is. Decarding such as rare "mint" on card would be a real shame, in my humble opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version