collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is Nightglider doomed to have regrind? (Now with pics)  (Read 727 times)

Offline Bebopgroove

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
Is Nightglider doomed to have regrind? (Now with pics)
« on: November 03, 2017, 08:30:06 AM »
Just a question about Nightglider... My childhood one has suffered regrind to mostly one side for years, which has unfortunately gotten worse over the last few years as it has started to spread like a faint mask across her face  :cry: But do all Nightgliders typically have this problem, or is it hit-n-miss with all ponies? Not sure if I should consider finding another or not..
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 01:19:15 PM by Bebopgroove »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Wattpad | Flickr gallery (coming soon)
PSN: bebopgroove
Xbox: bebopgroove

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Is Nightglider doomed to have regrind?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:32:01 AM »
Oh, that would be a shame, she's such a pretty pony! I know Party Time often suffers regrind, but mine seems pretty alright so far...

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 08:41:51 AM »
Hmm, not as far as I know. I don't have her myself, but looking at the wiki it doesn't list her as a pony that commonly gets it. It's probably just a hit and miss with her like it is for most.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 10:11:10 AM »
Nightglider isn't prone to regrind. 
Are you sure yours has regrind (which is endemic to the plastic itself) and not a contact stain, which can look similar?  That said, just because a particular pony doesn't usually come up with a certain condition doesn't mean it's impossible for them to have it.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 11:34:09 AM »
Hmm, I've never heard of a Nightglider with regrind. What color is the regrind? There are lots of things this could be.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 05:51:55 PM »
This is just a random thought - since you mention it spreading...

Is it possible she has been exposed to acne cream at some point? It's notorious for ruining blue ponies and can take time for the true extent of the damage to show. I think a pic would help people here better understand the nature of the regrind/stains your little girl is suffering and thus better advise :)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 06:16:22 PM »
I don't think I've ever heard of blue ponies having regrind. I thought it was usually warm coloured ponies, like orange/purple/pink? I know that when I hear regrind I usually think of Party Time (orange -> fluorescent pink spots) and Flutter pony Cloud Puff (purple -> fluorescent pink spots or entire body changed colour). The page on mylittlewiki also only lists warmer coloured ponies as being known for it. It's possible that it could be discoloration due to another cause, like acne cream as Marlin said, or pony cancer/age spots. A photograph would be helpful.

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 07:31:22 PM »
No regrind on either of the two I have had, both had perfect bodies. My collection one even came from a childhood collection that had a lot of ponies with regrind and plasticizer breakdown, so they weren't coddled! I was under the impression that she was one of the lucky ones, in terms of being prone to body/hair issues.

I actually haven't ever seen a blue pony with regrind now I think about it, even my childhood Ruby Lips, who's been through literally everything a childhood toy could possibly endure, has no regrind or age spots, just some mild fading. Blue ponies tend to be pretty resilient, with the exception of course of poor Dainty Dahlia.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:33:08 PM by Stormness_1 »

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2017, 02:12:56 AM »

Is it possible she has been exposed to acne cream at some point? It's notorious for ruining blue ponies and can take time for the true extent of the damage to show. I think a pic would help people here better understand the nature of the regrind/stains your little girl is suffering and thus better advise :)

This would be my instinct as well although if she's a childhood pony it makes it less likely unless you have some memory of doing it. It does sound as though she's been exposed to something. I have Night Glider both loose and MOC and neither have any issues of this nature. I don't think she's prone to this kind of damage so I think you've been unlucky :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2017, 03:15:23 AM »

Yeah, acne cream is what I thought too. Especially since it can really damage blue ponies.

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Bebopgroove

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »
Sorry for the late-ish response, here are a couple pics of the spots.. It's really just up around her face, mainly on one side except what is on her forehead..

As far as I know, I don't believe she's had contact with any acne cream.. She was in storage for many years before I got ahold of my childhood collection again about 15 years ago..

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is Nightglider doomed to have regrind? (Now with pics)
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 04:47:38 PM »
That's not regrind - it's the wrong colour.
It looks like some kind of permeated surface stain - could be bleach, play-doh, marker, or any one of 1,001 other household substances that Nightglider ran into over the years.  They do look a bit like acne cream damage, but much milder, so my guess would be on some kind of chemical.  Other than washing the affected area to slow further damage, probably not much that can be done at this point in time.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 05:27:55 PM »
Agreed, it looks like some kind of chemical contact that is slowly showing through over the years. Perhaps Night Glider got into some childhood mischief and a well-meaning parent cleaned her off with something a bit strong back in the day?  It certainly looks typical of acne cream pale-spot-bleaching. If you were to purchase a replacement pony it would be unlikely to develop the same kind of damage as I've never seen anything like that before.

Offline Bebopgroove

• Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
    • Esoterous
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 05:36:07 PM »
Interesting.. well I guess I'm happy its not something like regrind? Although I guess I can also keep an eye out for a replacement, or head at least :P

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 09:46:40 PM »
No idea what that facial stain is, but that's definitely a bleaching agent on her neck. She might have copped some over spray of some strong chemical when she was out and about when you were a child. Possibly left on a kitchen bench and some oven cleaner hit her, or a harsh bathroom cleaner if she was left in there? I guess we'll never know, because it was so long ago, and not intentional, but it goes to show us the long-term effects of things done to ponies may not be apparent for literally decades, so we should always be careful!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal