collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Grand Champion Collectors  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Grand Champion Collectors
« on: November 03, 2017, 07:34:00 AM »
I know I'm not the only GC Collector here. They're such beautiful models and I had a ton as a kid. Show off your horses.

Here is some of my herd. :)

https://littlekunai.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Champion-Mares-Pt-One-567757445

https://littlekunai.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Champion-Mares-Pt-Two-567758066

https://littlekunai.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Champion-Stallions-Pt-One-604736815

https://littlekunai.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Champion-Stallions-Pt-Two-633111283

https://littlekunai.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Champion-Stallions-Pt-Four-633112052

https://littlekunai.deviantart.com/art/Grand-Champion-Stallions-Pt-Three-633111760

I need to take piccies of my foals.

I'm very lucky to have reobtained a few of my childhood GCs, Indian Chief, Stormy Skies, Abracadabra, Cinnamon and Little Doll.

Also extremely lucky to have gotten several grails for good prices, Kamira, Smooth Moves,  Dosie Doe, Waltzing Matilda, Sienna Silk, Nickers, the Westphalian Stallion, Canal King, Flying Wolf, Tokyo Pride, Commotion,(I need his tack) Liquid Gold, and Midnight Magic. Never thought I'd be lucky enough to own the likes of Sundance and the Silky White stallion.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:47:00 AM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Champion Collectors
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 03:04:28 AM »
I have a few!

The Appaloosa Family (Renegade/Snow Patch/Papoose), Sunday Gold, Dixie Lady, Dancer, Memphis Pride, Snow Mane, Titans Jet and Scout (Pinto Talking Stallions) Painter's Palette and Rainbow's End, Drum Major, Ah-Pa-Ahl, Spicy Salsa, Moon River, Lady Fair, Fair Skies, The UK QH mare and stallion (Braveheart & American Gold in the US, unsure if the names are the same as the colours are different, honestly the UK colours make more sense!) Beautiful Dreamer (UK Mustang) Shadow Glory, Goldilocks, Ice Sculpture, Golden Sunshine, Princess Perdita, Fritzbae and Shadow Glory. That's all that I remember, but there are possibly others, they're all in storage at the moment, and I have a few minis, too!

Our distribution was really weird, we seemed to get a whole bunch, and then a few years later we'd get stuff from the last few years, but not all of it... I thought I had a complete set of foals from 03, and while I had every foal released in Australia in 03, what we got was actually a hodge-podge mix of horses from 00-03. I named my QH mare and stallion from 03 Butterscotch and Liquid Gold for the longest time, because they never matched anything online, but were released with Goldilocks as their foal over here. (they turned out to be the UK versions of American Gold and Braveheart) Fitzbrae never had parents, and we never got Shadow Glory's parents, but instead got Beautiful Dreamer, the UK Mustang mare from a few years later. The only complete sets from the same year we actually got if I remember correctly were the Appaloosas and the Gypsy Vanners. It's such a mess!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 07:07:36 AM »
Oh you have a beautiful herd Stormness! Many of my grails too. Lucky, lucky, lucky!

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 09:36:13 AM »
I seem to have at least 3 of them but I haven't got a clue who they are and what they are worth. I think they are too delicate for my daughter to play with, therefore planning to sell.

Any tips?
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 09:48:34 AM »
I seem to have at least 3 of them but I haven't got a clue who they are and what they are worth. I think they are too delicate for my daughter to play with, therefore planning to sell.

Any tips?

Depends on who they are and what condition they're in. Pictures and/or descriptions would be good. As for selling, the Arena and TP are options, as well as etsy, ebay, ecrater etc. There's also dedicated model horse forums such as modelhorselove, a Grand Champions facebook group, and the Model Horse $ales Pages.

Offline Nella

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »
I think two of them are Emissary (with blanket) & Empress (foal with 3 socks, no blanket)...... and the other Firestreak including the stand and sadle. Based on Angelfire website.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:57:32 AM by Nella »
Link to my salesthread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,377651.0.html.

Link to my thread with available FTB's: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,394652.0.html.

No pony will be left behind! Please come check for the pony's in need of some TLC over here: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,397984.0.html.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 03:58:37 PM »
very nice collection, they're so pretty.  I don't collect Grand Champions but two summers ago was the summer of 2nd hand Grand Champions.  It didn't matter where I went everyone was selling them at garage sales and charity shops.  I like them and still have them but I just don't have the room for another collection. 

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 12:16:47 AM »
Great collections! I have most of my childhood collection and I have acquired quite a few more from the thrift store. They are all in a box and need to be cleaned up though so no pics. Looking at the ID site, I think I have a lot of the 93-95 sets. In fact I think my sister and I had almost every mare and foal from those years but I'll have to double check. My best friend at the time also had a lot so some that I am remembering might have been hers. I have the white parade horse that was a mail in offer and I had some of the horses with riders: Gold Dust, Midnight, Maverick and Golden Glory. The dolls are lost now but I think I still have the stallions. I used to have the first 2 stables too but those are long gone sadly. No idea which horses I've picked up thrifting, I'll need to dig them all out and take photos and ID everyone soon.  :)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 06:36:05 AM »
I think I have some of these horses from my childhood herd - they are looking familiar. I didn't realise they were worth anything, so they are actually in a box in the cupboard and my youngest kid plays with them. I also still have, I think, all their tack. Will dig them out and take photo's - perhaps I am wrong.  :blush:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 10:22:35 AM »
Yes please photos!

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 03:46:31 PM »
Pulled everyone out for a photo!! Don't mind the messy hair, they haven't had a spa day yet and have been in storage for 20ish years. This is what's left of my childhood collection. From what I remember I am missing a few stallions. I'm missing Spot O' Silver, Majesty, Indian Chief and Grey Ghost from '94. I could have sworn I had Copper Penny and Rusty too but maybe I'm remembering some of my friend's horses since I think she had all the ones I didn't have from the mare and foal sets in the early years.  And as mentioned in my other post I'm missing Gold Dust and Midnight from the horse and rider sets.  That's all I can remember for sure.

My more recent thrift finds. There's possibly more but I have like 20 boxes to sort through still.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:50:01 PM by Shy Violet »

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 04:10:50 PM »
Shy Violet! You have Meadowsweet, Wind Song, Misty, Goldenbolt?, Medusa, the Palomino family, Willow Wind and The Icing! :faint:

Who all is on your wishlist still?

I still need

Mares:
Shadow Mist
Aurora
Ice Sculpture or Sunny, I'd be happy with either one
Bruschette
Copper Penny
I'm a slot open for whoever I can find and afford, but I'd love another cantering mare like Molly McBrae, or a trotting mare like Lady Trooper, Miss Congenitality, or Viennese.

Foals:
Maple Sugar
Spicy Salsa
A replacement Dixie Fantasy
The Clydesdale twins
Playmate
Rusty
Sunday Gold
Papoose
Little Bird
Lady Trooper's foal, can't think of his name atm
Vienna Waltz

Stallions:
 Indian Summer
Snowy Knight with all his tack and ribbons
Mr. Chips
I'm keeping a spot open for whoever, but I'd love another cantering or sliding stop stallion, like Lucky's Lone Star, American Gold, Fitzpatrick, or the UK Mustang.

Tack. I need tack and I refuse to pay 20 bucks for one breyer saddle. Ridiculous!

« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 04:24:01 PM by Leave a Whisper »

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 05:02:53 PM »

Memphis Trooper :) Such a cutie, a friend of mine has him, so jelly!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Shy Violet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 11:01:31 PM »
Shy Violet! You have Meadowsweet, Wind Song, Misty, Goldenbolt?, Medusa, the Palomino family, Willow Wind and The Icing! :faint:

Who all is on your wishlist still?

I still need

Mares:
Shadow Mist
Aurora
Ice Sculpture or Sunny, I'd be happy with either one
Bruschette
Copper Penny
I'm a slot open for whoever I can find and afford, but I'd love another cantering mare like Molly McBrae, or a trotting mare like Lady Trooper, Miss Congenitality, or Viennese.

Foals:
Maple Sugar
Spicy Salsa
A replacement Dixie Fantasy
The Clydesdale twins
Playmate
Rusty
Sunday Gold
Papoose
Little Bird
Vienna Waltz

Stallions:
 Indian Summer
Snowy Knight with all his tack and ribbons
Mr. Chips
I'm keeping a spot open for whoever, but I'd love another cantering or sliding stop stallion, like Lucky's Lone Star, American Gold, Fitzpatrick, or the UK Mustang.

Tack. I need tack and I refuse to pay 20 bucks for one breyer saddle. Ridiculous!

Thanks! I'm still familiarizing myself with them and looking at the ID site. I haven't tried to identify the thrift finds yet though. Thanks for some of the names. Are the ones you mentioned hard to find?

As far as a wish list, I would like to get Playful Lass, Dixie Lady and Princess Bay to go with my orphan foals from my childhood collection. Plus the mare and foal sets I'm missing from those early years, I'm a sucker for families and moms and babies. I'd like more Clydesdales and the Gypsy Vanners are stunning. I love all the Native American horses. There's many more I'd love to have but I'll need to go through the ID sites and make a list for myself.

I'm really glad I took home most of my thrift finds. So many times I put them back and then change my mind and go back for them. I love them but haven't had a pony/collection room until 2 months ago and it's still being put together so I was trying not to take home things that weren't my main collections. 

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 11:39:17 AM »
Medusa, Willow Wind and The Icing certainly are.

Post Merge: November 24, 2017, 11:39:44 AM

Memphis Trooper :) Such a cutie, a friend of mine has him, so jelly!

Now I am too. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal