collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Dating horror stories  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
Dating horror stories
« on: November 03, 2017, 05:14:47 AM »
Tell your dating horror stories here

So I was on a date at the mall with my ex girlfriend thinking its the peak of my relationship but we broke up
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Re: Dating horror stories
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 08:35:53 AM »
I was in a relationship with someone only because they felt left out because everyone else in their band had dates...
(It was an online relationship anyway, so that probably didn't help them at all)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 08:56:09 AM »
I had a boyfriend this time last year who I met at college as we were both new there. I liked him at first because like me, he wasn't super-sociable and was quiet in lessons. I thought he was sensible, and he was interested in my writing. The shock came when we went out together for a day in his car. He had a 15-year-old Ford KA, and thought he was a racing driver. Drifting, handbrake turns, if it's stupid, you name it. Sitting in the passenger seat as he drove down a motorway as fast as he could get the car to go, I thought I was going to die.

He also kept asking me "why the hell I spent so much money on ponies". In return I asked him why I shouldn't if I wanted to buy them, and he couldn't answer me. Thank goodness I'm not in any classes with him now.

Offline Strawberrysweets

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Like a strawberry, I'm sweet but I can be sour too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:24:03 AM »
I dated one guy and told him first date is to get to know each other more.
After the weekend I got  a text from him: "I want 2-3 kids with you and a house."
If he actually understood 'get to know you' part he clearly missed the part were I stated I was too scared to have kids.
I nopenope like mad.
Last time we met with some common friends at a bowling, all his picture of the event was of me.
I have been scared to date since.
Icon by Minty_Magic

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 11:04:52 AM »
This one is long but I'm not sure how to shorten it: I met a guy through a friend around 13 years ago. She was with his best friend so it was natural for all four of us to hang around. Last time I saw him before us nonbreaking up was when we saw Star Wars III at the theatre. Afterwards he asked me when my bus home went, when he knew perfectly well my last bus went several hours prior and that I was suppose to sleep at his apartment. It was an odd night where I "fell a sleep" on his couch. The morning after I followed him out to buy some breakfast and we met one of his friends and they began to make plans for the day which clearly excluded me so I went home.

The following months I never heard a word from him. He didn't answer my calls or called back and because it was summer I never got a chance to talk to my friend either. Come fall I was to follow my friend and her boyfriend and their entire gang to a concert which had been planned for six months. My ex was there and ignored me completley. It was so weird to be treated like air like that. No chance for a talk or closure or anything. The friends acted like everything was normal.. it was a weird situation all in all.

Fine by that, but a month later I was out dancing at a club and he was there, like in everywhere I was. Me at the bar; he was there. Me on the dancefloor; he was dancing close by. Me in the line to the toilett; he was there. Not talking, ignoring me totally but always being close by. In the end my friends got in a circle around me just because of the creep.

In the following months he showed up whenever I was out clubbing and at my favoritespots at the University too so I had to find new places to study and eat and read. Again, he never said a word, he just stood or sat there.

I had fallen out with my friend at that time so I couldn't ask her to talk to her boyfriend about this.. I totally isolated myself for two years because of him. Didn't go out clubbing or anything and at school I always looked over my shoulder and kept from my favoriteplaces.. it was a weird time in my life.

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »
I started "dating" a childhood guy friend who was older than me when I was in 8th grade. I was really excited, because we were really close and I always had a crush on him. Within hours he's talking about our future and asking how much it would cost to buy my parents house to live in in the future, kids we'd have, and just being clingy in a really uncomfortable way. Three days later I was like "Yeah no, bye". I stopped talking to him after that. He's tried to make friends with me a couple of times since but he just makes me so uncomfortable, I can't bring myself to speak to him anymore.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 12:24:00 PM »
Oh wow some horror stories here  :shocked:

Beldarna, what a strange guy and how sad that his behaviour creeped you out enough for you to hide away  :(  I hope you have more freedom now and that he has moved on with his life.

Bekuno, isn't it strange how some guys, even though they are trying to be nice, just make things feel worse!

Strawberrysweets, that's what I call a fast worker!  :shocked:

EnaRocketQueen, a petrolhead in a Ford Ka - a dangerous combo  :lol: (coming from an ex-Ka owner!)

tailrustedtealeaf, that's what I would call an "inbetweener" - date them until someone better comes along (harsh but true!)

Mami Tomoe, that must have been a shock  :(

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 12:50:14 PM »
Oh wow some horror stories here  :shocked:

Beldarna, what a strange guy and how sad that his behaviour creeped you out enough for you to hide away  :(  I hope you have more freedom now and that he has moved on with his life.

Bekuno, isn't it strange how some guys, even though they are trying to be nice, just make things feel worse!

Strawberrysweets, that's what I call a fast worker!  :shocked:

EnaRocketQueen, a petrolhead in a Ford Ka - a dangerous combo  :lol: (coming from an ex-Ka owner!)

tailrustedtealeaf, that's what I would call an "inbetweener" - date them until someone better comes along (harsh but true!)

Mami Tomoe, that must have been a shock  :(
it was mostly akward
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 12:52:47 PM »
Lol, that was a few years ago, and he is but a name in my "blocked tumblrs" list.  :devious:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 09:13:47 PM »
Mine seem kind of minor in comparison to most of these and they're not really dating stories because things never got that far but I'll share them anyway. In junior and high school I wasn't well liked and didn't have many friends.

There was this guy who started being nice to me and asking me to sit with him at lunch. I thought someone was finally starting to like me and show a genuine  interest in me only to find out later that he was only being nice to me because someone put him up to it just so they could laugh at me.

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:26:09 PM by Ponyfan »

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 09:42:04 PM »
I guess I'm lucky to not have any 'dating horror stories'. I do have some 'random guy horror stories', and some 'weird boyfriend stories' though, haha!

Random Guy Horror Story:

Random guy liked to call himself "Rocket". No idea what his real name was, but he took a liking to me. Apparently I seemed like a total stuck-up bitch, but when he saw me make a metal selection on the jukebox and order a rum and coke,  that improved my status in his book (he wasn't the only one, but def the weirdest, LOL!)

Anyway, he decides he likes me, and that he's taking me to a Slipknot concert. Now I love me some Corey Taylor, but I'm NOT going anywhere with this creep, let alone a concert. He has a 'friend' that is an ex of a friend of mine, so I give him all the signals, and being a total dependable douche, he makes a move. So Rocket takes the friend aside to have a 'chat', and I excuse myself to use the ladies, duck out the back service corridor and run to the next bar, where I thankfully find an old acquaintance from school and his mates playing pool. They agree to hide me, and lo and behold, Rocket comes looking for me. So here I am, hiding behind these two guys behind a pool table, while this guy asks around if they've seen me. Thankfully no-one gives him anything, and he leaves.

I later see the guy two doors down from me, AT HIS FATHER'S HOUSE! Thankfully he never saw me, or realised where I lived. Phew!

Weird Boyfriend Story #1:

Then boyfriend proposes, grabs my phone, and refuses to give it back unless I accept. Obviously I didn't accept, but I did smack him good and got my phone back, I wasn't leaving my bright pink RAZR behind, haha!

Weird Boyfriend Story #2:

Clingy ex wouldn't leave me alone... and even worse he was living with my dad, and working with a friend of Dad's who also lived there. It was a regular old bachelor's pad! We'd already dated twice, and it just didn't work. So I set him up with a German backpacker I knew. Last I heard they were backpacking around Europe. Happy endings all around, haha!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 03:13:52 AM »
Ohhh I've been on some bad dates but the worst one had to be with a guy I met who worked at my local gas station.

I went in there almost every night to buy a cheap soda and after a while we started talking and decided to meet up. I was pretty excited, he seemed to like me and I actually kind of liked him back, it's rare things align even that much for me!
For our first date we didn't really know what to do. He said he was hanging out with his friends earlier in the day and wanted to do something quiet with me later. We agreed to go to a bookstore at the mall and just have some coffee and talk. Well as the day becomes night it starts nearing 9pm. I text him and ask him if he's aware what time it is and that the bookstore will be closing in like 10 minutes? He somehow didn't. Even though we had been planning this for at least a day. Maybe longer I really dont remember at this point. Anyway he totally freaked out and didn't know what to do. he didn't want to plan for a different day but everything was basically closed by this point. We eventually ended up at WalMart. Not even a full sized WalMart, just a gross dirty "neighborhood market" WalMart that only sells groceries. There was a bowling alley in the same shopping center that was open late so I asked if he would be interested in bowling? He said Bowling alleys were lame but whatever, we went anyway. He begrudgingly paid for one round and then wanted to just wander around. We went to a park and sat on the swings for a while before he told me he was too tired and needed to go home.

I wasn't going to go on another date with him after that. He didn't talk to me when i went in to buy drinks for a while and generally pretended I wasn't in the tiny convenience store by myself at like, midnight. But after the awkwardness wore off we started talking again and he wanted to try again. I didn't want to go but my mom basically said I was being mean and I should give him a second chance. So I did.

We planned to meet up and see a movie together after I got off work. Keep in mind this was ALL done over text, so there were records of everything we had planned. I show up to our planned theater a little early and tell him I'll just wait for him outside. It's raining, but I live in the desert so I enjoy a little rain. Later he texts me and asks where I am, since its just about showtime. I told him I was right outside the ticket booth. He couldn't find me. Why? He was at a COMPLETELY different theater. Different name, different town and everything. He said he would meet me at the right theater since I didn't have a car at the time and I told him that was fine, I'd buy the tickets in the meantime. After stopping to fill his car up with gas he makes it to the theater about 15 minutes after showtime, but we still made it just in time to see the beginning of the actual film. I told him I was going to step out for snacks and asked if he wanted anything, he said he didn't. When I came back and watched the rest of the movie, he never once smiled, never once laughed, and never once acknowledged I was there with him. After the movie ended I asked what he thought of it. He said it was the worst movie he'd ever seen. He never offered to pay for his ticket or anything. He did offer to give me a ride home, but it turns out he was driving without a license this whole time! I told him I'd just wait for my parents, thanks anyway.
I just started going to another gas station after that. I never heard from him again. Looking back he was honestly so much like my ex its not even funny. I guess I have a type and boy it sure is a winning one.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 06:32:59 AM »

Oh, I am perfectly alright now. I kept away for a couple of years but then went back to normal. Been with the same man for 8 years and is going out clubbing tonight. :)
But I actually had the guy as a customer about a year ago. I don't think he recognized me as I had diffrent haircolour and hairstyle, glasses and had gained some weight.. he was with what I assume was his girlfriend and acted perfectly normal. For me it felt very strange tho and I had a hard time keeping my face in order.

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 08:31:06 AM »
Hm... To be honest, I've never been on just straight-up "dates". I've only had a relationship.

Nothing about it was really a horror story, aside from the fact that she was my best friend and now I no longer have a best friend.

I have no clue what happened in the end, and she just abruptly stopped talking to me with no explanation whatsoever. One day she was inviting me to her house and we were watching Doctor Who together, and she was super enthusiastic to see me again, and then... It never happened.

|My Collection|

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »
Mine seem kind of minor in comparison to most of these and they're not really dating stories because things never got that far but I'll share them anyway. In junior and high school I wasn't well liked and didn't have many friends.

There was this guy who started being nice to me and asking me to sit with him at lunch. I thought someone was finally starting to like me and show a genuine  interest in me only to find out later that he was only being nice to me because someone put him up to it just so they could laugh at me.

Ponyfan

I'm so sorry :( A similar thing happened to me in high school.

As far as dating, I've never really had a bad date. Plus I'm friends with most of my exes. Guess I'm lucky that way.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal