collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: A sugestion  (Read 937 times)

Offline alkevin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
A sugestion
« on: November 02, 2017, 11:39:39 AM »
I´m a bit dispointed that this happens: sometimes I found sellers that have things that I´m interested in buying, I sent PM a weeks pass no answer. I read again and the person doesn´t ship overseas. To avoid confusion, how about creating subforums or ask the people to put in the topic where they ship. And makes easier to search. It is just a sugestion. Thanks.

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: A sugestion
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 03:37:51 PM »
I'm going to move this over to Trader Support.

It would be nice of sellers to post details like where they will ship, so maybe people will see your suggestion. However it's not something we can enforce.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 02:09:57 AM »
alkevin, I make use of a reshipper for my purchases in the US. They are fast and efficient and take photos of my item when it arrives so that I can leave feedback when it has been delivered to the address I provided to the seller. My parcel also arrives via courier at my door in South Africa within 2 weeks instead of in a minimum of 2 months which is what it takes with the normal post office route. My friend and I use the same service and have now had several shipments through them with no problems. The cost is, surprisingly, very similar to USPS for example. And less than eBay's Global Shipping Programme. Just something to keep in mind as it can perhaps simplify buying for you as it has for me.

No, I neither work for them nor do they pay me commission  ;)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 06:55:51 AM »
I think the problem is the limited title space to get in what is for sale plus the shipping restrictions. But maybe it would help if members put in the first section of their trade post in bold or something if they are not willing to ship overseas (whatever that means for them).

All that said, even if I didn't ship internationally, and put it in my post, I would still PM the person back to tell them that I am sorry but I can't ship to x location, rather than leaving them hanging. People often miss small details in lots of pictures and text. It's just polite to respond in my opinion, even if you find yourself repeating your post.

As for the shipper service, I do this for stuff from Japan because even though I speak Japanese a lot of Japanese sellers don't like direct shipping out of Japan and I think worry about the language barrier.

I am a bit leery of using them for other stuff unless really necessary though. It adds yet another cost on top of the already high shipping cost and potential custom duty of my item and therefore I would only use it for something I can't get another way via a seller who ships internationally/or is in my country/area. With old Japanese stuff there are limits, but with ponies there is generally another seller somewhere who will sell it overseas without you having to go through extra expense. (Unless your country has strict custom restrictions about the number of items you can receive in a year from overseas, in which case it makes sense to gather them at a proxy centre so you can have one shipment and not several!)

So if sellers who don't want to ship international maybe put in the first lines of their post that they don't and bolded it, I think it would save a lot of time and misunderstanding.They could then sell to who they want to and the buyer can find another seller elsewhere.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 07:21:09 AM »
I presume that if they haven't mentioned international shipping, that they really don't want to do so. 
Because if they are ready to go through the effort, they would say they DO ship internationally.

As you said, you've PM'd these sellers, then you go back and notice their listings say "no international shipping"??? well of course they are not going to respond to your PM's.  It may seem rude but if they already put "no international shipping" in the listing, you don't stand a good chance of being told "yes" if you PM them! :(

Yes it is frustrating to be outside of the USA and try to collect ponies but don't give up, there is always another auction to come...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 05:18:58 PM »
The problem with that is that not everyone lists their location under the avatar or states in a post where they are located. It would be better if every seller posted at the start of a post their country and whether they ship internationally. Both those details are mandatory on ebay etc and it would just cut down on confusion.

I also think it is rude to ignore a PM even if the question is answered by the original post. Its just basic customer service to reply even if the message sender is in the wrong.

That said it is good to read the whole post before sending a message...
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal