collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Badly Packaged Pony = Broken Pony  (Read 1839 times)

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Badly Packaged Pony = Broken Pony
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:21 AM »
Has anyone else ever received a package with damaged toys in? I bought a lot of Grand Champion horses from the FB Marketplace App and was really excited to receive them. I gave away my childhood collection along with my childhood G1s, and of course I regret it.

Well, I got the package in the post today. The ponies were all loose with a sad layer of bubblewrap surrounding them. There were some misc/cheapy resin horses in there, all broken to smithereens.

Luckily, most of the GCs are okay. But the one model I was really excited and happy to get is so badly broken. Her neck is off and her face is split.

I can't believe it :( I've messaged the person who sold them to me about this. I feel like I should get at least a partial refund for the rubbish packaging.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
20171102_114802 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 05:52:28 AM by xTic_Tac_Toex »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: Badly Packaged Pony = Broken Pony
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 06:56:49 AM »
Terrible... sadly, dealing with Facebook you are dealing with people who are just stupid and don't realize how much effort needs to be made with packaging!  :(  And I don't think you have any recourse either...
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:02:24 AM »
It's very sad, especially as this particular model is actually really hard to find. I didn't pay much for them, but receiving a box of broken toys is just heart breaking. There was a Schleich goat in there, and the plastic Schleich models are made from is really tough/rubbery, yet one of the horns was snapped off. It's proof that they were really battered around in there.

I've sent the seller a message with a photo and I hope they'll refund me at least some of the cost. Mostly I'm just upset because it's difficult to find Grand Champion horses at all anymore, and the one model I really wanted for my collection is the one which is really beaten up...

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 08:40:09 AM »
I would be freakin furious! Petal to the Metal is a highly sought after and difficult to find GC. I'd be demanding my money back and if they won't, raise H-E double hockey sticks and let people know about this careless seller. They should have known better then that! It is there job to pack accordingly.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 09:41:13 AM »
I know right :( She was in mint condition with all of her tack and tail ribbon too. I was so happy to finally own her, I mainly bought the lot just for her because I've wanted her in my collection for so long. I'm going to super glue her head back on but she is still ruined.  :cry:

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 03:11:47 PM »
If the seller is a jerk and won't refund you any money you may have recourse if you paid for the items with PayPal (if you used their system to pay for them, of course). Hopefully they do the right thing and pay you back as well as never packaging items so badly ever again. I'm sorry you're going through this...hopefully you can repair them to the point where they are as close to new as possible.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 03:40:13 PM »
Oh man that is gutting. Sorry that happened to you.
I had a close call recently with a flutter who had her original wings. It wasn't the seller at fault, the postal system had crushed the box. Luckily my pony was ok! Sorry your one isn't :(

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 01:57:25 AM »
Oh no, I am so sorry!! That must have been so disappointing to receive  :(

Once you have glued the poor girl together, perhaps you could make a really wide sash to go around her neck and hide the 'wound'? She will never be perfect again, sadly, but at least you won't have to look at it any more.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 04:07:19 AM »
can you glue it back together ?  stupid seller hope you get your money back

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 07:39:53 PM »
Oh that picture broke my heart! I love GC's too, and just wow, the idiocy. I actually had an issue just last week, my husband's anniversary gift was a MIB Pop figure, and they sent it in a tough bag. Of course it was squished. Messaged the seller, and they offered a 1/3 of the price as a partial refund. No, I wanted the item MIB or nothing. Opened a case.

I hope you paid by paypal... I'd get a refund on those if you can, that's just ridiculous to ship GC's like that, totally unforgivable... heck I found one at thrift and the lady wrapped it up like an ornament in paper for me!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2017, 01:31:48 AM »
Thank you everyone for your sympathy! The seller has refunded me the postage, so I just paid £10 for eight GC horses (the others are all fine). Still a huge disappointment of course, as the broken one was high on my wishlist, but nothing I can do now :( I'm going to try carefully superglueing her head back togther and disguising the line in some way as NightGliderSA has suggested.

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2017, 01:42:23 AM »
Have you got any ribbon to cover the glue line? I've got some laying around in my craft box.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 01:53:54 AM »
Yeah I have lots of ribbon, so hopefully I can make something which disguises the worst of the damage  :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2017, 08:38:18 AM »
There is no excuse for this kind of thing yet, I encounter it all the time.  I would expect no less than a 100% full refund.  Partial would not be enough for me. A buyer should not have to settle for paying for a broken purchase and then turn around and glue it back together to try to enjoy it.  Just my opinion-full refund plus shipping.  I am heart sick looking at the photo. -_-

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2017, 10:13:10 AM »
I agree with you tulagirl, but the seller was insistent that they packed them 'as best they could', and I couldn't face having an argument with them :(

At least I have still paid only about £1 per model, but it is still horrible and particularly heart breaking that the horse I wanted the most, and was over the moon to finally own, arrived in pieces. She was complete with tack and original ribbon, it just kills me.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal