collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Stuffed Animals  (Read 2749 times)

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
Re: Stuffed Animals
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 07:21:37 AM »
I sure do! I love plushies! I collect Disney plushies, Care Bears, MLP, Pokemon, Studio Ghibli, pretty much any characters from movies, shows, or games that I like!

My headboard:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Disney plushies:

My non-Disney plushies:

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 03:24:02 PM »
I sure do! I love plushies! I collect Disney plushies, Care Bears, MLP, Pokemon, Studio Ghibli, pretty much any characters from movies, shows, or games that I like!

My headboard:

My Disney plushies:

My non-Disney plushies:

~Jennifer

Wow! You have quite the collection!  :lol:

Offline Courtz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
  • Just a struggling artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2017, 02:59:23 PM »
I’ve loved plushies since I was a kid. I still collect them, mainly of super cute animals and characters I like. They’re special to me, some are my comfort items.

Offline Jocelyn

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2017, 09:15:50 AM »
I love stuffed animals, I have hundreds of them! I used to collect specific kinds like Nintendo, Pokemon, Hamtaro, etc. But now I like anything that is sufficiently cute and looks good quality. I also used to buy a lot online, but now I'm more fond of buying one when I'm out with someone, to preserve the memory of that day :) So in those cases I'm less picky.

I hope it's alright to share a story about a specific pair of plushies I have here! My three childhood besties came to visit me in Philly for the first time last April. I was showing them around the city, and we stopped at the zoo. At the gift shop, one of my friends and I mutually decided we both wanted stuffed cheetahs. She picked one out and I grabbed one from another brand, but after holding them a bit we decided we both liked the others' cheetahs better, lol. So we traded cheetahs and named them after Greek goddesses - hers is Artemis and mine is Nike. I bought them because I was happy to have something to remember their visit by and wanted to gift her the cheetah. We walked around downtown Philly after that, and she was carrying her cheetah around like no big deal, while I was too embarrassed to do the same...That friend was killed in a freak accident Oct. 9. She was an EMT and her ambulance crashed into a semi. At the service after her funeral, they had some of her things laid out on display, and Artemis was there. I got in contact with her roommate, and he gave the cheetah to me. I didn't like the thought of her getting donated and not going to someone who knew the story behind them. And it felt right that they would stay together.

Artemis is on the left, Nike is the shaggy little one on the right. My friend liked Artemis because of her spots and black ears, I liked Nike because of the cute face.

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2017, 07:58:48 PM »
I love stuffed animals, I have hundreds of them! I used to collect specific kinds like Nintendo, Pokemon, Hamtaro, etc. But now I like anything that is sufficiently cute and looks good quality. I also used to buy a lot online, but now I'm more fond of buying one when I'm out with someone, to preserve the memory of that day :) So in those cases I'm less picky.

I hope it's alright to share a story about a specific pair of plushies I have here! My three childhood besties came to visit me in Philly for the first time last April. I was showing them around the city, and we stopped at the zoo. At the gift shop, one of my friends and I mutually decided we both wanted stuffed cheetahs. She picked one out and I grabbed one from another brand, but after holding them a bit we decided we both liked the others' cheetahs better, lol. So we traded cheetahs and named them after Greek goddesses - hers is Artemis and mine is Nike. I bought them because I was happy to have something to remember their visit by and wanted to gift her the cheetah. We walked around downtown Philly after that, and she was carrying her cheetah around like no big deal, while I was too embarrassed to do the same...That friend was killed in a freak accident Oct. 9. She was an EMT and her ambulance crashed into a semi. At the service after her funeral, they had some of her things laid out on display, and Artemis was there. I got in contact with her roommate, and he gave the cheetah to me. I didn't like the thought of her getting donated and not going to someone who knew the story behind them. And it felt right that they would stay together.

Artemis is on the left, Nike is the shaggy little one on the right. My friend liked Artemis because of her spots and black ears, I liked Nike because of the cute face.

Awwww they're lovely  ^.^

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 08:42:56 AM »
Mostly Pokemon plushies

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Starshinescustoms

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Bunny Mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 12:17:58 AM »
... No!.... *Holds doors closed to overflowing cupboard full of soft toys* :lookround:
Okay seriously I have far too many but I could never let any of them go. I obviously still have everything from childhood but I've collected a lot more since I've been an adult  :mrgreen:
I've tried hard to cut down because I just don't have the room for them all but I can't resist certain ones. I like really realistic ones, especially rabbits (can never have enough rabbits!), foxes, deer (basically any woodland animals) and dogs - mostly German Shepherds, Huskies and similar. I also love Bambi and Thumper and I've got a massive Bambi that I bought off of ebay (can't remember if I got him for £5 or £10 now but it was an amazing price.. I imagine he was a lot more new!).
I'm also desperate to collect the Farthing Wood softies but they're so expensive - when they eventually do come up, which is rare. I only have Dash the hare and Mole at the moment.
I've got a couple of Lion King ones but not many (tend to be expensive. Mine are from childhood).
My absolute wish would be to one day get Balto and Jenna (I can dream!) And Spirit and Rain (again, I can dream!)  :lol:
Etsy: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/StarshinesCustoms?ref=l2-shopheader-name
Ebay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/starshinebunny
Note: I have changed my ebay username from 'Starshinescustoms' to 'Starshinebunny' but it's still me  :P
DA: http://starshinescustoms.deviantart.com/

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »
... No!.... *Holds doors closed to overflowing cupboard full of soft toys* :lookround:
Okay seriously I have far too many but I could never let any of them go. I obviously still have everything from childhood but I've collected a lot more since I've been an adult  :mrgreen:
I've tried hard to cut down because I just don't have the room for them all but I can't resist certain ones. I like really realistic ones, especially rabbits (can never have enough rabbits!), foxes, deer (basically any woodland animals) and dogs - mostly German Shepherds, Huskies and similar. I also love Bambi and Thumper and I've got a massive Bambi that I bought off of ebay (can't remember if I got him for £5 or £10 now but it was an amazing price.. I imagine he was a lot more new!).
I'm also desperate to collect the Farthing Wood softies but they're so expensive - when they eventually do come up, which is rare. I only have Dash the hare and Mole at the moment.
I've got a couple of Lion King ones but not many (tend to be expensive. Mine are from childhood).
My absolute wish would be to one day get Balto and Jenna (I can dream!) And Spirit and Rain (again, I can dream!)  :lol:

I have the posable Spirit and Rain :) I love them. Balto and Jenna are lovely but I don't really want them and they're so expensive on eBay

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 05:23:30 PM »
Yeah I love stuffed animals.  I had a lot as a kid and my Mom made me donate most of them to the salvation army because she said I had too many.  I didn't want to but she basically made me, because of that I don't think I have any of my childhood stuffed animals.  I don't have many now but I have a beautiful white tiger plush I bought at a zoo, I have Stitch and Angel I bought from amazon which originally came from The Disney Store, I have a few MLP plushes from each generation, I have a small unicorn plush I bought from a seller on amazon and my favorite one is a recent purchase of a Disney Store 17 inch Pua plush.  I had a problem getting that one, because of a story I mentioned here before with a Disney Store gift card saying you can use them to make full purchases but they don't advertise that they really want credit card information along with that "in case something happens"  Luckily I had a friend add her credit card information but the card more than covered the purchase price so I knew she wouldn't get charged.

I love going to build a bear but I rarely get to go.

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »
I LOVE plush. I have so many, and everytime my family moves they make me get rid of some and it's so difficult to choose. I feel like theyve always been there for me and giving them away is like giving away a memory : (
I really love build-a-bears, I have a lot of MLP ones and also a couple dogs and a halloween bat. I have a bunny named Coco (the bat + coco are always on my bed) and I have several mlp plushes, lots of pokemon plushes, lots of seahorses and fish...i have bat-plush collection, and a shark-plush collection.. my most recent addition was a small plush bat from carlsbad caverns this summer : )

wishlist

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 06:41:30 PM »
i love them, i have a small hoard of them some are from child hood some are from zoo visits i have a long tailed Flower - skunk from Bambi- from when my sis went to Disney World/land the one in florida lol. my latest acquisitions where a BAB Luna and a Vintage Garfield
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Khoufu

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Waterfire is best pony. \\//,
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2017, 05:07:54 PM »
I have always collected plushies! I gave away a big box of moatly beania babies, and another that was all assorted  turtles, at 2 conventions this year. I'm finally letting go, bu keeps special ones, like realistic and original beanie babies. Now, I maintain go for big green plushies, and 80s fads, like popples, MLP, and Care Bears. On my bed, I have 2 turtles, 2 frogs, and 1 alligator, all at least pillow sized.
:enraged:   PM for a link to my Retro MLP group on Telegram!   

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2017, 05:58:37 PM »
Jennifer2004, where did you find the nets?  I've been looking for those for years to display my pound puppies, and never found any.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal