collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Deflocking help? I need someone who has Jasco!  (Read 374 times)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Deflocking help? I need someone who has Jasco!
« on: October 26, 2017, 10:17:42 AM »
I've been deflocking a SS Paradise I recently bought as a project and although the flocking on the body has come off perfectly with just hot water and a bit of nail polish remover, the flocking on the head was a lot more stubborn! I've managed to get all the flocking off the head expect for the the area around the eyes/blush which I can't go near with acetone!

So I was wondering if there was anyone in the USA who would be kind enough to take the glue off the blush/eyes with Jasco if I posted poor Paradise's head to them? I can't get Jasco here in the UK (well, I can order it from the USA but it's like...$40!). It should only be a 10 minute job, I just can't figure out a way to get the glue residue off without damaging the paint. I'd obviously be more than happy to pay for postage costs to/from :)

I've done loads of deflocks before and I've always been able to scrape the glue off the painted areas, but this one is really stubborn! See pics below:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Deflocking help? I need someone who has Jasco!
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:45:07 PM »
Have you tried rubbing alcohol? It doesn't work as well as acetone but it doesn't take off symbols. Also a hot oxy bath works wonders.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Re: Deflocking help? I need someone who has Jasco!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 06:44:14 AM »
Have you tried rubbing alcohol? It doesn't work as well as acetone but it doesn't take off symbols. Also a hot oxy bath works wonders.

The oxy bath has got 95% of it off - her body is perfect but her head was much trickier! I've not tried rubbing alcohol though so I could give that a go!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal