collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Can anyone help me with a Fizzy quest? Birthday gift for a child' going on 30 ;)  (Read 1477 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
So it might be that this belongs in the wanted section, but as I also don't know what exists, I hope the mods will let it become a discussion just for my own awareness.

So my sister turns 30 this November.

Fizzy was her first pony, who she got for her third birthday, and who is still a big favourite with her. At ponycon she bought a custom blind bag figure of Fizzy made by Tic Tac Toe, so I know that the love for this pony is still strong.

I have bought her proper boring grown up birthday present but I would love to know if there is anything 'Fizzy' out there in current merchandise which in the course of the next month or so I might be able to track down.

I live in the UK. I don't mind getting stuff from overseas but it MUST be with me by the middle of November, so I have a tight time frame. I don't have an exact budget for this although I am not hugely rich at the present time. She also doesn't have a huge amount of space, but something nice and Fizzy to make her smile would be great.

Any ideas? Help? Suggestions? Co-conspirators?

She still has her original Fizzy pony and one MOC (it's the only pony she will ever have MOC in her collection, apparently xD) so I am not looking at the actual pony. She also doesn't really believe in customs that are made out of existing ponies as she's the kind to rescue stuff in bad shape, rather than restore it. Really I guess I'm looking for non-pony Fizzy related things, either from G1 itself or in new retro stuff.

Oh yes. She also really likes fluffy things. So much so that her poor boyfriend is forced to live in a very fluffy flat.

Help please!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
Have you tried using any of the custom notebook/shirt/pillow/whathavesyou sites? I don't recall seeing any sort of Fizzy stuff around or anything mentioned in any store findings, but it may not be too late to use something like Redbubble.

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
I don't think fizzy has been included in any of the retro merch until the wrapping paper discovered recently! And My Little Wiki only showed a Mug that I can't tell you much about...

I recommend you check out Etsy! I already searched there and you can find some cute custom items like charms, pins, or customs!

Edit: Eep! Guess I was wrong, I found some socks on Ebay with Fizzy on them!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 05:55:55 PM by Bigstatemushroom »
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I think a Spanish company might have made a Fizzy pin and I saw some Fizzy socks on Ebay.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
I cannot help much but G1 merchandise... Finnish bubblegum sticker #75, coffee mug, a couple school folders.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
There are some super talented people here who can de-beddy bye eye a baby pony, colour her green if needed, and put in crystals for her eyes as well as painting symbols. The ones I've seen are just absolutely adorable! That might be a good present as it's small and won't take up much room in her fuzzy house :D

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Thanks for the suggestions people! I had forgotten about Etsy (shame). A custom pony is no good as my sister has moral objections to customising ponies (she likes to rescue sad ponies) but something Fizzy themed would be great.

I had heard of the Fizzy socks but locating them...do we know what country they have been found in??
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I remember reading a post by some super talented person on here who has made their own plush pony design. They has TE pony designs too; certainly Mimic and possibly Fizzy. They were gorgeous, but I cannot find it  - Aaaarrgh! Does anyone have a better memory as to who that was? Super Talented Person are you reading this?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
I remember reading a post by some super talented person on here who has made their own plush pony design. They has TE pony designs too; certainly Mimic and possibly Fizzy. They were gorgeous, but I cannot find it  - Aaaarrgh! Does anyone have a better memory as to who that was? Super Talented Person are you reading this?

I had seen a Fizzy plush in the past as well but I worry that commissioning one would take too long given the tight time scale. I only thought about doing this because of Ponycon and my sister's frequent comments about certain things to say that she wished there was a Fizzy this or that. I probably should have started my planning earlier, but I don't have a time machine.
I have looked on etsy but no Fizzy plushes or products I can see available at present :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
There are also G1 keychains on e(vil)bay by a Canadian seller. One of the designs has the TE ponies.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
Thanks for the suggestions people! I had forgotten about Etsy (shame). A custom pony is no good as my sister has moral objections to customising ponies (she likes to rescue sad ponies) but something Fizzy themed would be great.

I had heard of the Fizzy socks but locating them...do we know what country they have been found in??

The seller with the Fizzy socks on  Ebay is from Singapore. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
I've got a photo of Fizzy from the TV series hanging about somewhere (when I mean hanging it's in a photo frame). The frame is the same colour as Fizzy's body (I panted a plain wooden frame her body colour).

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
If you search on eBay for "My Little Pony Retro Trainer Socks Gen 1 Unicorn" you'll find a set in the UK. Seller name is ypudsvintage.

Seller katiesprimark also has Fizzy socks (and Starshine as an alicorn??) and is UK based.  Search for "3 PACK SHOE LINER SOCKS MY LITTLE PONY UNICORN SHOE LINERS".

Redbubble also has a cute Fizzy shirt:

Click here for shirt

Also a Fizzy & Firefly laptop case

Fizzy & Muffin pony shirt

Fizzy sticker 1

Fizzy sticker 2

"You know that the artists on Redbubble are an online global community, but what you might not know is that our printing partners are also located all across the globe. When you place your order on Redbubble, each item will be sent to the appropriate printing facility for manufacturing before being shipped straight to you - a true custom creation!"

^ Sounds like maybe they will even print it in the UK, if possible, before sending it to you.  So shipping might not be crazy?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 07:16:37 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Good redbubble finds!

The good thing about redbubble is they will put the design on anything, so you can get stickers, prints, shirts, etc. if the creator of the image has the option.
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline Lady Frostbite

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolutely Abbeylicious!
    • View Profile
I ordered two stickers off Redbubble recently (I ordered the second because I was dumb and ordered the wrong sized sticker  :blush: The small one went on my laptop, the second on my diary as intended!) and it took only two days to ship to me.

I can give a timeline breakdown of my two orders, if that helps? It was just for one single sticker per order

Signature image artwork done by the talented Starscout!
MLP Gameloft game friend code : 29c831

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal