collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you use additional bubblewrap with bubble mailers?  (Read 2211 times)

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
Do you use additional bubblewrap with bubble mailers?
« on: October 23, 2017, 04:40:53 PM »
I just purchased some bubble mailers for the eventual sale of my collection.  Having a hard time with the whole parting thing  :P  Anyway, do others wrap their ponies in addition bubblewrap before placing it in the padded mailer?  My primary concern is the horn of unicorns getting bent en route.

Thank you

ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Re: Do you use additional bubblewrap with bubble mailers?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:01:06 PM »
For a pony I usually don't, but I do put them in a plastic baggy.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 06:09:13 PM »
I usually put mine in tissue and a plastic bag.  The only time I have used bubble with a bubble is if it was a pony with 3D symbols.  I am referring to G1 here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Duenia

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 06:18:15 PM »
I normally make the choice on a case by case basis - so sometimes. I prefer to ship in a box though.

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 06:26:39 PM »
I box the expensive ones (over $50ish or so) and others I bubble wrap and put into a bubble mailer, or I will "double bubble" them and put them in just a poly bag mailer.  Everything makes it safe and sound without costing the buyer too much.

Offline jrr74

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • when life hands you lemons, make lemonade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 06:33:04 PM »
Thanks everyone for your responses.  I ordered some boxes too.  I just need to get plastic bags and I will be pretty well prepared with shipping supplies.  Have to figure the postage thing next; whether I want to print labels from home or make runs to the post office and stand in line. 
ISO Greek babies  ^.^

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 09:25:46 AM »
I put each pony in a plastic baggie, but I don't use bubble wrap.  The bubble wrap built into the envelope is protection enough.  MLPs are hardy little horses. ;)

The only time I might use bubble wrap would be if I was sending a G1 Precious Pocket pony who still had her plastic pocket, or a similarly fragile pony.  But to be honest in a case like that I would probably just use a box anyway.

Incidentally if you are ever selling flutter ponies with wings, the wings will pull right out.  So you can put them in a separate tiny box inside the package to protect them.  :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
I'm obviously very excessive and overly worried but I always wrap my ponies (or dolls or whatever) in tissue paper, put them in a plastic bag (like a ziploc; usually left open), and add plastic grocery bags or rarely bubble wrap as extra padding. The people at my local PO are pretty careless so it makes me feel better.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:49:54 PM by Taxel »

Offline Loona

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:34:43 PM »
I am also on the more overprotective side, so I tend to wrap items I send out in bubble mailers in an additional layer of bubble wrap, and I also put them in a closed plastic bag - but I need to note that I send dolls more often recently, and the hard plastic they are made out of is more fragile than the soft plastic of ponies. I wouldn't be worried about ponies in general, not even about unicorns, but I'd use extra protection with any pony that has hard plastic, breakable attached parts (like 3D symbols, or the spinner of the Dance'n Prance ponies), as well as with ponies with glittery symbols that are more prone to get rubbed off.

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2017, 06:35:11 PM »
I myself sometimes I think I am a bad seller. There are times I throw them in the bubble mailer without even using a plastic zip lock bag. But ponies are pretty durable and I don't know how the bag or mailer will even make a difference, really. But if it is a rarer pony, I usually use a box or some other extra precautions. Pretty much everyone I have dealt with has been happy with my packing methods.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Loona

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 03:43:00 AM »
Most of the times a plastic bag really doesn't make a difference, but I'm usually using it for an extra layer of protection for specific cases that may unfortunately happen any time: when I don't want something to fall out of the bag if it rips (in case it's not just a single pony that's inside), or just to make sure there's another liquid-proof layer, in case the package is soaked. Water is less of a problem (though it can cause mold), but it happened to me once that ink used at the PO (or by the seller, this I do not know) spilled on the envelope of a doll I bought, soaking it and getting inside the envelope through the hole on the closure side, staining the doll's face :cry:

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 05:02:12 AM »
I use a zip lock inside of the bubble mailer. One, to keep the pony separate from other ponies. And two, to add some extra protection in case the bubble rips. I'll use a box with bubble wrap if I'm mailing a windy wing or summer wing pony to add more protection. But, for the most part, the bubble mailer is sufficient without the extra padding.

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »
I use the ziplock baggies primarily to prevent ponies from rubbing against each other and to keep their hair tangle-free. :)

If you use tissue paper, make sure it is not colored.  Don't want the coloring to transfer to the ponies!

Similarly, never use newpaper if it can touch the ponies; the newsprint will transfer onto the ponies.  (IF the ponies are in baggies, you can use newspaper . . . because in that case the newspaper is only touching the bags, not the ponies.  But to be honest newspaper is not great for padding anyway because it's much heavier than bubblewrap or those plastic "air" padding bags.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2017, 02:13:51 PM »
If you are sending them abroad, I advise bubblewrap. I use it for mine in mailers within the UK too, though. I always did, but after I once saw a local post office sending out the mail it had received behind the desk on a trolley, and how they really didn't mind if they dropped a box on top of a padded mailer, I'm not going to take the risk. Ponies are sturdy but legs can be squashed together and damage can be done even to those which have no delicate parts. So I say be safe rather than sorry. Bubblewrap is cheap. Cheaper than a refund.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:56 AM »
I do use additional padding even in a bubble mailer.  I usually add another thin sheet of bubble wrap or a few sheets of white tissue paper.  There are certain poses (like the Bowtie and Tootsie pose or Big Brothers) that I will box instead because they do not seem to lay as flat in a bubble mailer.   But I've always been a bit overprotective  :lol:  Best of luck with your sales :)
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal