collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Help wanted with UK only eBay auctions (ending on Tuesday, Mar 6, afternoon)  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Updating this topic, as the ask is the same :) Old, no longer relevant post is in spoiler.

I would be looking for someone who could help me buy some UK only eBay items - first I would only like to ask help in estimating a postage. I am looking at 2 or 3 boxed items (I can measure the exact weight of one of these, as I have a similar one, but not the other, and that is the heavier one...), so  unfortunately postage may kill the deal completely. But if postage still sounds reasonable, I would also like to ask for help in letting me have the items shipped to an UK address, and then reship them to me (Hungary).

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help :)

Spoiler
Hi there everyone,

there's a specific pair of Dr Martens boots I've been longing to buy for quite a while now. It has been discontinued, so it is no longer available on the brand's online store, and the last time I've seen a listing for a pair in my size was more than a year ago. I got outbid that time :shrug:
A pair finally came up for bids a few days ago - but the seller does not send outside the UK (and they specifically state in the listing, too, that they can post to mainland UK). I still tried to ask, mentioning that I did read the listing, but thought I'd still try and ask because I've been looking for these boots for quite awhile now, but haven't yet received a reply, so (so as not to run out of time - the listing ends in 4 days) I thought I'd, in parallel, ask here if someone who lives in the UK could help me out by offering a place where the boots could be sent, and then sending them on to me. Would it be possible for someone to help me out with this?

Thank you for reading this, as well as for offering help, it is much appreciated ^^

L.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:57:05 AM by Loona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Loona

• View Profile
Updating this post, I would be looking for help again :)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
I can't help you with the auction as when I'm in London the postage situation is not as secure as at home and I am not meant to do any kind of transactioning here. But I can help you with the postage cost question, at least a little.

https://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

This is the Royal Mail's site for checking a quote. If you have the weight, then this is the place you need.

Anything under 2kg can be sent royal mail. Anything heavier has to go parcel post. They tend to be more expensive.

A parcel going overseas has to have a maximum total dimensions that add up to 90cm (so length plus width plus depth cannot exceed 90cm) if it is going to qualify for Royal Mail. Otherwise, again, it's Parcelforce.

Parcelforce use volumetric calculations which mean that they are stupidly expensive when they don't need to be.
https://www.parcelforce.com/price-finder

This is their site. I find it more unfriendly to use than the RM one. Basically they calculate the cost based on an imaginary weight calculated from the size dimensions of the parcel, not the actual weight of the parcel.

You should be able to use the above linked website to find out tracked or untracked options and to Hungary by entering the country. I forget which zone European countries are in but there are only like 2 or 3 zones anyway.

Hope some of that is helpful, even if I can't take on the transaction itself.

I don't know about other courier services. I find couriers a bit hit and miss...
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:04:53 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
I think there are eBay agents who will buy items and ship them to you.  I don't know any specific ones offhand, but maybe someone else will know the name of one that ships from the UK to Hungary. :)

Edit:  Maybe a company like this?  https://www.forward2me.com/pricing/

Disclaimer, I have never used that company and don't know anything about them . . . Just found them by googling.  :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:08:21 PM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Loona

• View Profile
Thank you for your help Taffeta and LadyMoondancer! Although the auctions are now over (but I managed to check estimated shipping costs beforehand, and those together with the end prices have crept up higher than what I was ready to pay, so I let them go), the links you have provided are very useful, I have already used the ones Taffeta mentioned, and I will definitely check the forward2me one out too! I have already heard of such companies, but mostly in context of buying from Japan or China, and I never thought such companies exist also within Europe (about which I now feel silly, in today's international buyer world it is no surprise :) ). I'll have to dig deeper into how these actually work.

Thank you for the useful advices again!  :lovey:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal