collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Poorly made things?  (Read 655 times)

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
Poorly made things?
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:44:43 PM »
Lately I've been collecting Breyer Spirit: Riding Free stuff like crazy, and I really want to get the classic Spirit and Lucky brushable set.

http://www.jackscountrystore.co/breyerhorsesclassicssizespiritandlucky9203.aspx

However I've read several reviews where the toy is poorly made, and the feet of Spirit break off in a week. Now, kids are known to not take care of their toys. But I plan to use these for myself and for display mainly, but it does concern me that the toys seem to be that cheaply made. I'm wondering though if I should pass on this set and get higher quality stuff, or get these since I seem to really want them. What are your thoughts on stuff like this? Have you ever wanted something that was low quality?

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Poorly made things?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 01:34:22 AM »
I haven't any experience of these particular toys, but in general I find that poorly made toys tend to stay in one piece if they're only displayed/posed/gently played with by adults. I have a weakness for £1 dolls and also Monster High fakies, and though I don't think they'd stand up to being played with by children for any length of time, they're fine for what I want.
Also, if you're not a perfectionist or 'picky collector', any damage to these sorts of toys can usually be easily fixed with superglue.
I say get them and enjoy them!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 10:21:34 AM »
Moving to TOY BOX.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »
Lately I've been collecting Breyer Spirit: Riding Free stuff like crazy, and I really want to get the classic Spirit and Lucky brushable set.

http://www.jackscountrystore.co/breyerhorsesclassicssizespiritandlucky9203.aspx

However I've read several reviews where the toy is poorly made, and the feet of Spirit break off in a week. Now, kids are known to not take care of their toys. But I plan to use these for myself and for display mainly, but it does concern me that the toys seem to be that cheaply made. I'm wondering though if I should pass on this set and get higher quality stuff, or get these since I seem to really want them. What are your thoughts on stuff like this? Have you ever wanted something that was low quality?

Its not the Breyer line that's poorly made, but the Just Play line. The Clydesdale lacks feet, the dolls clothes I've heard are like paper, the blindbags have weird conformation and the bigger horse toys are overpriced,  cheaply made plastic and feel strange. Plus Boomerang and Spirit have half brushable, half moulded hair, which annoys me. I bought Junipero, he's fortunately escaped the strange conformation thing, but his tail could be broken off with very little effort and he's made out of cheap, shoddy plastic. Certainly not worth his $9.00 price point.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal