collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What are some of your long-time childhood wants?  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
What are some of your long-time childhood wants?
« on: October 20, 2017, 01:26:18 PM »
Not necessarily grails, they can be that too, but I'm talking more common ponies as well.

Have:

Steamer-I like trains, he likes trains. His conductor hat is so cute! Even though I don't have it. His colors are nice too.

Sundance-Okay, okay, as a character, she's technically been obtained, through the more-adorable-then-I-thought-possible Loyal Subjects figures. I like her, I really do! Its just that childhood me, reeally wanted SS Sundance.

Trucker-(That's what I'm gonna be calling mine from now on, even though I'm not from the UK, so there!)   I loved him in the cartoon. So handsome! And now through the kindness of a friend, I have him!  :hearts: He is a grail of mine too.

Skydancer-I love rainbow ponies, I love yellow ponies, I love pegasus. She's so beautiful! I'm so glad I have her now.

Masquerade-One of the most beautiful pegasus ever made! I just love how unique and vibrant she is. :faint: Plus she's a TE and that's my most favorite set EVER!

Sparkler- Childhood and adult me thinks she's such an elegant little unicorn. Plus, blue, red and purple compliment each other so nicely. Combined with her name and her pose, she just ticks all the right boxes.

Galaxy-When I saw her on the back of the box and in the cartoon,I had to have her! I was definitely not disappointed when I got her. She, like Moondancer, has this eerie beauty. Don't you think?

Ribbon-These are colors that absolutely should not work well together. In concept, pale blue, orangey-red and highlighter yellow sounds like a bad idea.  Somehow though, it works on her. I loved her in the cartoon and I wished for her as a kid, though it took a long time to finally get her, it was instant love when I finally had her in hand. She's just as vibrant as I had hoped and she unites my lesser known love of pastels and neons quite harmoniously. She is also one of my grails. Ribbon rocks!

Baby Moondancer-I had her mom as a kid, when my best friend gave me her ponies. I loved how cute and brave she was in Escape From Catrina,with her little cape and crown. Such a pretty baby. Now I'm in the opposite situation, because I need her mom. XD

Still need:
Baby Ribbs-I love dragons, I love blues and neons. He delivers. His name is weird though. Maybe he likes to barbecue?

Tic-Tac-Toe-Vibrant and gorgeous! Great pose too. I can never decide if I want her, or her baby more. She's a grail.

Sunlight-My cousin had her and I always liked playing with her. Well I intend to have her.

Magic Star-She's pretty, she's got a magic wand and she rears!

Gingerbread-There's something about Gingerbread that is just pastel perfection.

Locket-She's so elegant and is the last TE pegasus I need. Hopefully soon.

Star Glow-I so desperately wanted her when I saw her, never did find her. One of my ultimate grails! Why do you elude me? :(

Wind Whistler-baby blue and pink, one of my favorite characters, one of my favorite sets, cute pose=MUST have!

Twilight-One of my ultimate grails! She's elegant, beautiful, an SS and Flight to Cloud Castle is one of my favorite episodes. I love how they all worked together to get to the castle.

Powder-I think she's a beautiful lady. Her colors remind me of a wintery twilight, where everything is all hushed and sacred and snowy.

Forget-Me-Not-I like purple and white. I liked her in the show too.

Morning Glory-As it happens, morning glories are my favorite flowers. People don't know that, because I'm not a flower person. She's beautiful. Plus she's got that pastel/neon combo going on. I loved her in the movie of course.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:30:48 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What are some of your long-time childhood wants?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 01:41:11 PM »
Applejack G1: I remember wanting her because I thought one of my friends had her when we were kids. Finally found a reasonably priced AJ on eBay sometime in the last couple of years.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 02:43:33 PM »
Yo-Yo! I really, really, REALLY wanted her when I was 5, but I got Dangles instead. I was so happy when I got her a couple of years ago. :D

Baby Pictures was also a long-time childhood want, I got her last year. ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 04:38:01 PM »
My childhood grails were Surprise, both mom and baby,  and they were the very first ponies I bought after discovering eBay.
Then I had two building grails, the nursery and Paradise Estate, both of which have been fulfilled.

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 05:10:26 PM »
i always wanted a g3 minty as a kid but i still dont have a brushable
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 02:16:27 AM »
Yo-Yo! I really, really, REALLY wanted her when I was 5, but I got Dangles instead. I was so happy when I got her a couple of years ago. :D

Lol almost same here.
I was about 6 when the german MLP magazine had a contest, you needed to answer a question (how many keys are in this pic!) and the prize for places 4-100 was one of the 6 newborn babies. I reeeeeeally wanted Yo-Yo so I begged to enter and my mom finally allowed me to. It was the first time I entered a contest and I indeed won a pony !!! ... I got Tappy though XD ...yay. I still loved her :P

My other grails were almost all the ponies pictured in the sticker album I got when I was 4yo I think. Firefly, Powder, Skydancer, Tickle... all those. I adooooored them!!!

Offline EnaRocketQueen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Princess of Equestria <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 04:38:44 AM »
G3 Kimono. I always wanted her as a kid and still do now

Offline Aurora

• Wingless Flutter Pony
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 05:46:45 AM »
G3 Kimono. I always wanted her as a kid and still do now

I have loved Kimono since the first g3 movie pegged her as a friendly recluse!

Mine was Paradise Estate. My aunt and I even had a diet competition (I was probably about 13, and a chubby little monster, this was not a fat-shaming situation)- if I won, she would get me Paradise Estate. Neither of us won, so she didn't get a skinny neice or a giant plush penguin!
I have PE now, or most of the pieces, and it is a hard piece to display. But I love it!
Thanks so much to Calico_Star for her beautiful work on my Avatar!
**want list**  **for sale**

Offline Princess Fizzy

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 07:11:56 AM »
Glory- I had baby glory as a kid & remember wishing I had her mom. I had Moondancer raise her instead though. Glory was one of the first ponies I bought when I started collecting.

Baby Princess Sparkle- I remember seeing her in the store & thinking she was gorgeous. I was amazed that I was able to get her near complete in box soon after I started collecting. I sold that one off a few years ago because I needed the money, but I still have her loose without buggy so I'm happy & I still think she's gorgeous.

Dream Castle- The only playsets I ever had for G1 was the Brush Me Beautiful Boutique & the Petite Ponie Carousel. I remember wanting it but knowing my parents couldn't afford it so I never asking. I have the Lavender Dream Castle now, but still need to get Majesty. I really like the white unicorns for some reason.

Pearly Baby Mail-order ponies- I remember looking at those fliers & wanting that set in perticular really badly. I even started saving my allowance, but was never able to get them. I have pearly baby blossom & moondancer now, but I should really get the others.

Carousel Pony set- I was obsessed with carousel ponies as a kid. I think the Petite Ponies came out around the same time though & my family got me thoughs instead. I was given the Petite carousel so I was really happy & loved that set. I do have a couple Carousel Ponies now, but I definitely need to get the others at some point.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 08:04:24 AM »
Scribbles. I have been wanting her forever!

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 08:05:54 AM »
Have:

Applejack. - I grew up watching Rescue at Midnight Castle a lot (we had it on VHS so I watched it over and over) and I thought Applejack was really cool in it so I always wanted her.  Was very happy to finally find her in great condition at a flea market as an adult.  And then later when I bought her baby too.  I really love orange ponies for some reason.

Melody. - For a similar reason as Applejack, since she was in RaMC and I always thought she was Firefly's best friend, and I had Firefly, I wished for Melody too.  Another exciting flea market find.

Moondancer. - I had Baby Moondancer and even though she was being raised by my childhood Glory twins, I wanted her real mom, especially since a friend had her.

Twilight. - Also because she was in Rescue at Midnight Castle and she did that cute "I wish I wish I wish" teleporting thing.

Ember (purple version). - Again because of Rescue at Midnight Castle (that special had a huge influence on my early pony universe) and because I never heard of an adult Ember I had the impression she was a very special baby pony.

Tic-Tac-Toe. - I had her baby and she was one of my favorites, so of course I wanted her mother.  It was so nice when she finally wasn't an orphan any more.

Still Need:

Creamsicle, Sniffles and Snookums, Baby Northstar. - These were some that a childhood friend of mine had, and I wanted them so bad.  She only had a few ponies and they were in perfect condition because she was very gentle with them and hardly ever played with them anyway, she wasn't really into MLP.  I would have given anything for them when we grew up but she wouldn't sell.  So I'm still looking for these so I don't have to be jealous anymore, hehehe.  XD
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 11:24:58 AM »
Mine were mostly the mail orders. I remember really wanting the MO pearly babies and the TAF babies especially Pearly Baby Cotton Candy and Baby Sugarberry since I had the adults. I wanted a matching Mommy and baby pony pair but had to settle for Pina Colada and Baby Palm Tree to be mother and daughter.

I also remember wanting the six collector pose ponies and my birth month birth flower pony. For some reason I never got any mail order ponies as a child. 

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 02:25:38 PM »
Rose Dust=Thought she was so elegant
Lickety Split=My BFF's favorite pony and I always associated this pony with her. :)
Apple Jack=I had Bow Tie but wanted Apple cause she seemed adventurous.
Starshine=Another pony my BFF had that I wanted. White flying pony plus rainbows=what's not to like
Pearly baby ponies=I'd thumb through that add till it was falling apart
Non pearly baby sea ponies=only had one of the pearly ones and I wanted a regular one for some reason

G3:
Port a Bella: A pony with a mushroom on her flank, so quirky
Pepper Berry: Another odd one that I adored
Halloween/Fall theme ponies: My favorite time of the year so naturally I wanted them
Waterfire: To me she's Optimus Prime in pony form

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »
I can't remember any desperate "wants" as a child, as it was hard for me to get ponies period (in the 80's, you didn't buy boys "girls" toys).  I would say my goal as an adult was to finish restoring my childhood collection, which I did last year when I finally got a mail order Star Hopper and Clipper.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 03:11:23 PM »
The only childhood want that is still outstanding is basically because she doesn't exist :/ That's Paradise in the form she was meant to be released in the UK. I believed in her as a child, and while I have a SS one and I have the Brazilian one, which is the closest I can get to what I thought existed as a child, but it's not totally the same thing.

In other terms, the ponies I wanted as a child I rarely had, so the list would be very long. Distribution was bad here. Mostly I would get one from the same set but not the pony that was top of my list. So I had Star Gleamer not Glittering Gem, and Sapphire instead of Pearl, etc. Some sets I didn't see at all so never had a chance at them, like Perfume Puffs and Windy Wings. Some of the childhood ones I now like better than the ones I wanted as a child, like Tropical Breeze and Cherry Treats rather than Wing Song and Blackberry Pie.

Obviously I also wanted all the year 2 pegasus and unicorn ponies and also the year 3 Rainbow ponies that were in our stories and not our shops. And the baby ponies we didn't get, like Baby Glory and Baby Moondancer. So this could be a really long post if I listed them all.

But from the ones available in the UK, I think probably Lightning, Princess Pearl and Nibbles and Dibbles were the top ones from my list that I really wanted and never did get. Especially Pearl and the twins.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal