collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: It's been 14 years!  (Read 3234 times)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
It's been 14 years!
« on: October 16, 2017, 04:43:01 PM »
We couldn't post this while the Arena was having *burping* problems, but we recently celebrated our 14th Birthday!
 :good: :cheer: :newpony: :cheer: :inlove: :cheer: :tort: :cheer: :party: :cheer:  :good: :cheer: :newpony: :cheer: :inlove: :cheer: :tort: :cheer: :party: :cheer:

We would LOVE to hear your memories from the past 14 years, so share them below, and get some details on what makes the mods so "special"!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 02:46:07 PM by Loa »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: It's been 14 years!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 05:37:27 PM »
Happy birthday Arena! Wow thats a long time!   :tort: :beerchug: :green: :hearts: :party: :birthday:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 06:35:48 PM »
Happy birthday to our beloved arena!

Offline Crowning_Glory13

• Trade Count: (+76)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • knitting pony
    • View Profile
    • Voices by Share
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »
The random act of kindness section inspired me. It's nice to ship something nice, even just a card:)
Voices by Share for all your piano, voice, pageants, and knitting needs. http://www.ebay.com/usr/crowningglory0013 or trade
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381689.msg1576786#msg1576786 want list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,290863.msg114445.html#msg114445
Facebook: Voices by Share

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 06:49:50 PM »
Woohoo, happy birthday Arena! Heh, I've only been here for a few months but they have been so fun and awesome! My best memory is when I made my introduction post. Everyone was so welcoming and so kind! And that kindness is tiny compared to how great the arena and the members here are :biggrin: :birthday: :yippee: :cheer: :newpony:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Goanna

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 07:06:38 PM »
Wow, congrats to the Arena!!  :party: 14 years is a huge achievement!

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 07:06:54 PM »
Happy birthday Arena!  :party: :birthday: :party: :cheer:

I've been here for 8 years.  I remember when the Arena went down for several days and when it came back up someone made these really cute sigs. I didn't save the artist's name though.

Also when SDS and YLH pulled an April Fool's joke in the Adoptables section. We were promised a mystery adoptable if we filled out the form and this wasn't what we were expecting.

I think they're really cute anyway   :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 07:21:59 PM »
Happy 14th, Arena! :party: :party:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 07:56:50 PM »
Happy Birfday, Arena! :tort:

I can't believe I've been here for 7 years. And in that time, acquired hundreds of ponies :P

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 08:40:55 PM »
Happy arenaversary! Number 14? Man. I've been on here for a bit less than a year. Not a lot of memories like you guys, but the arena is a sort of home for me. People united by one common item of interest. Because of this, I've learnt so much about ponies and the rest of the world. Friendship truly is magic, and almost nothing shows that better than the mlp arena. We come from so many different places and have many differneces. But here we all are, talking about pastel coloured bits of plastic like we're family. Because we are a family of friends.
Here's to 14 years and many more to come! :birthday: :newpony:
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 11:27:06 PM »
Wow 14 years already! :D AMAZING, congratulations and thank you soo much for he oportunity to meet pony friends from all over the world here!!!

I met so many nice people on here, learned many new things and survived the Arena blackout too lol :D Its been 11 years for me here and I enjoyed every minute!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2017, 12:59:59 AM »
14 years... wow I feel OLD!  :faint:  :whoa:  :silly:
seriously 14 years of pony awesomeness is totally worth celebrating!!  :hearts:
 I love the Arena :lovey: -  so many lovely peeps!! Our fantastic members , my amazing Mod Family, and I've met some of my best friends on here - close friendships that have lasted years  :tackleglomp: :grouphug:
Memories... I have so many!!!! learning that there were so many other people from all different backgrounds and from all over the world was amazing!!!! and you could learn new stuff and talk ponies anytime you want - first discovering that was like----- :cheer:  :cheer:  :cheer:   when I found out that we could  buy ponies  missed out on from childhood in the sales forum was another amazing thing!! hahaha I lost so much monies that way but it was worth it ;)   ... I remember pony pic spamming lol, writing brag picfics, having fun with name swaps, doing trades, buying loads and loads and looooaaaads of ponies I've always wanted ( Oohh ooh it was so fun when I finally got Greek Ladybird and Rapunzel with the help of Arena friends !!! :squee:  and the Arena made it possible to get even my major grails MOC and MIB US and UK BnG Ringlets and BB Chief! :inlove:  I never thought that that would be possible  :hug:  , loved all of the swaps I've been in - we have some seriously talented members here!! !!! and I survived the Arena blackout too!
I've been lurking since 2008, a member since Jan 2009, and then a Mod and it's been awesome
:happy:  :wow:  :biggrin:   :good: 
  :glitter:  :cheer:  :frolic: Beerchug:  Happy Arenaversary  everyone :beerchug:  :frolic: :cheer:  :glitter:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2017, 01:03:33 AM »
Happy Birthday Arena :D

I remember when the Arena first started though I didn't post here a lot - hardly at all when it first began. I was mostly on other sites. But then I'm old and I remember the mailing lists and stuff like that ;) I've been here in the community 20 years more or less, and I joined the old Arena when it began I think, but only ever posted here when someone poked me to comment on a Uk issue. I was in and out of the pony community in terms of active posting for a long time but when I came back to posting properly I decided to come here and I don't regret it.

The Arena has changed a lot in some ways and not in others but I think the biggest positive for me with this forum is that it is a welcoming place for people whether they've been here ages or whether they haven't. At least, so it seems to me. It feels like a proper community.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2017, 01:43:08 AM »
Happy Birthday Arena! :lovey: :lovey: :frolic: :frolic:

I remember the Blackout, too! O: I didn't know what to do with myself during the days the Arena was gone ;A;

I remember when the Arena went down for several days and when it came back up someone made these really cute sigs. I didn't save the artist's name though.

I've been here 11 years, and I'm so happy to see the Arena is still going. I love this place so much. Thanks for keeping it running! I agree with Taffeta - it's so very welcoming to everyone, and it truly feels like a proper community.
:lovey: :lovey: :lovey:

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline allymer

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • get cape, wear cape, fly
    • View Profile
    • https://www.google.co.il/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjj4NzFs6rYAhUCLFAKHRkWDhYQFggoMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yooying.com%2Fjonathanvk9930&usg=AOvVaw1VEWvdcAw59g5B1Zytl7Yj
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2017, 04:35:04 AM »
OMG OMG

Happy Birthday my beloved Arena and Ponyfriends! :) it's been that long? oh ha what an amazing place its here and hoe amazing its been over the years...

i haven't been around as i used to in early years mainly becasue i stopped been a teenager and had to spent more time in real life than in poniville.

i'm still a collector. though i barly buy G1 which are my favorite.
i left the collection in a cabinet at my parents house till the day me and my hubby will buy our own house then we will get the ponies. in our second year together he bought me another cabinet for the G4 friendship is magic collection....

i have so many wonderful memmories from around here- first of all the company- the memmbers we are the rarest and the best friends around- people at the arena are uniqe and kind and loving!!!!

i remmember that when i sign in
there were so few boys around i actually had to came out of the closet twice in my life-
as a gay man in my reall world and as a male pony collector here  LOL

i love u guys and hope for many more years of pony friendship.

u can catch me more often in social networking (facebook/instegram) as Jonathanvk9930 / jonathan vaknin and i would love to see some familliar faces

check me out on instagram "jonathanvkmlp" come say hey :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal