collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay & Identity Theft  (Read 2409 times)

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay & Identity Theft
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 07:02:24 PM »
I reported the matter to the police so that have documentation of it. I also got refunded by one of the other two sellers. I called PayPal and asked if I'm supposed to close the 2 cases involving sellers who refunded me. The rep said I could go ahead and close the cases, but when I closed them it said that closing them would result in no further investigation.

I feel the theft should continue to be investigated since so many people across multiple forums for over a year have reported a person using that street address to ship fraudulent purchases to. When I had told police in that city that I'd been a victim of identity theft by someone using an address in their jurisdiction, they just told me to report it to my local police since "the crime occurs where the victim lives". They didn't ask for any information or anything. When I met with an officer in my jurisdiction, he just said it's up to PayPal to deal with it. So now that PayPal is no longer investigating two of the three purchases it's like letting the thief off the hook for those two criminal acts.

Anyway, after I closed the cases and I then got emails saying those two claims have been denied since the sellers have already issued refunds. Rather than "denied", shouldn't it say they were "resolved" or something to that effect?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 07:05:44 PM by northstar3184 »

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2017, 05:53:17 PM »
PayPal determined that the third case was fraud and refunded me. So now I've gotten my money back from all 3 transactions.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 07:58:08 AM »
Glad to hear you got your refund!  Sucks for the sellers who sent off items to the thieves, but at least YOU aren't affected anymore!
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 08:05:46 AM »
That is really good news.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal