collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Secret Surpeise keys and ponies, Nightglider, SS Ponies, combs + more  (Read 9049 times)

Offline Cessna 150Chick

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Prices range from $20-$30. Angel, Bangles and Paradise are on eBay now. Hippety Hop is nearly complete ($25) and I just finished a beautiful Twilight ($30).
You know how some ponies are easy to deflock and others can be really tough? Twilight was the very DEVIL to get clean!! She looks SO much better now tho.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
She looks great! I’d snap her up if her hair was pinker, I’m super picky! I’m having trouble with a tricky Twist at the moment...they have literally used cement to put the flocking on I swear!

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll check out your Ebay sales :)

Offline Cessna 150Chick

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity, what's your thoughts on ponies whose original hair has been replaced with new but authentic hair? I have a second Twilight. Her body is excellent but her hair was trashed. I've got the proper pink color on hand to rehair her with.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Just out of curiosity, what's your thoughts on ponies whose original hair has been replaced with new but authentic hair? I have a second Twilight. Her body is excellent but her hair was trashed. I've got the proper pink color on hand to rehair her with.

I think restoring ponies is great - I would happily repair ponies whose hair was cut/missing after I deflocked them but tbh I would probably sell them. Finding mint ponies is kind of part of the fun for me! I would love to see a pic if you do finish rehairing her though I bet she’ll look great :)

Offline Cessna 150Chick

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Hopefully I remember to upload a pic of the Fifi I just finished deflock/rehairing. She was really awful! I did her hair in original colors but added subtle highlighting to it...she darn near looks edible now, really pleased with the results. Unicorn candy!

Post Merge: March 19, 2018, 06:15:47 PM

Here's Fifi with her new hair.

Full album here
https://imgur.com/a/xuifc
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 06:15:47 PM by Cessna 150Chick »

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Hopefully I remember to upload a pic of the Fifi I just finished deflock/rehairing. She was really awful! I did her hair in original colors but added subtle highlighting to it...she darn near looks edible now, really pleased with the results. Unicorn candy!

Post Merge: March 19, 2018, 06:15:47 PM

Here's Fifi with her new hair.

Full album here
https://imgur.com/a/xuifc

Wow, you did a great job. I love the pink tones in her hair, it looks great.

I did a SS Paradise a while back, but sold her as there was a slight head/body mis match but obviously you can't tell that until you get the flocking off. So if you ever have a Paradise who is perfect white let me know! I'd be very interested :)

Offline Cessna 150Chick

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Another Paradise just arrived today as a matter of fact. She has a haircut, so she's gonna get a new "do"! I'm thinking Ocean Paradise, like the sunset one I just did for a friend, but this time in tropical water tones.
No telling what's under that scuzzy flocking yet but I don't see any stains so I'm hopeful she'll be perfect underneath

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Another Paradise just arrived today as a matter of fact. She has a haircut, so she's gonna get a new "do"! I'm thinking Ocean Paradise, like the sunset one I just did for a friend, but this time in tropical water tones.
No telling what's under that scuzzy flocking yet but I don't see any stains so I'm hopeful she'll be perfect underneath

I bet she'll look great. I am regretting selling the Paradise I did now but I know if I hold out another good one will come up.

Also the more I keep looking at that Twilight the more tempted I am! Got a lot of outgoings at the moment though so I need to be sensible haha!

Offline Cessna 150Chick

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
Twilight is sold and on her way to France! I have a second one with much better color IMO, but must be rehaired.
And I'm in a serious quandry...I have her original color on hand, should I just keep it simple and boring and just rehair her "stock original"?
Or...do my hair color art thing with some different shades of purple that complement the pink so well?
I have no desire to keep her since I'm not a fan of that pose, she'd be for sale. And from what I understand, alternate rehair sales really depends on if the collector falls in love with the new colors. So, decisions decisions!

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
Twilight is sold and on her way to France! I have a second one with much better color IMO, but must be rehaired.
And I'm in a serious quandry...I have her original color on hand, should I just keep it simple and boring and just rehair her "stock original"?
Or...do my hair color art thing with some different shades of purple that complement the pink so well?
I have no desire to keep her since I'm not a fan of that pose, she'd be for sale. And from what I understand, alternate rehair sales really depends on if the collector falls in love with the new colors. So, decisions decisions!

Ah well I'm glad she got a good home in France and my purse is relieved! That pose is my favourite pose so I love Twilight. I like how she looks grey with flocking too - she's one of th efew ponies that looks good both flocked and unflocked I think.

I am a really traditional collector so I would say original hair colours only, but like you say it depends on the individual. Do let me know if you ever get a Twilght with good body and hair, she is so hard to track down in decent condition!

Offline Cessna 150Chick

• Captain Jack Pony
    • View Profile
It would be a miracle to find one whose flocking was bad enough to need removal, but still had good hair. She's seriously tough to deflock too, both of these Twilights had rock hard glue, took many painstaking hours and I'm not keen to take on another any time soon!
No telling what can surface out of nowhere tho, ponies seem to randomly show up at my door for rehab! LOL

Offline firestar0629

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • The Half Blood Princess
    • View Profile
I've got a Bangles who is partially deflocked, she's been boiled a few times (there's a weird sentence) and it's really a matter of getting the rough patches of glue off now. Let me know if you're interested. I also have a Best Wishes who is in the same boat.

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
I've got a Bangles who is partially deflocked, she's been boiled a few times (there's a weird sentence) and it's really a matter of getting the rough patches of glue off now. Let me know if you're interested. I also have a Best Wishes who is in the same boat.

Hi Firestar just seen this - pming you :)

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Little Starglow Ponies
bump

Offline Noasar

• Armour Plated Pony
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile