collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Story behind your username!  (Read 4648 times)

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
Story behind your username!
« on: October 14, 2017, 09:23:28 AM »
I am pretty sure this kind of topic has existed, but it was a long time ago, so I made a new one yay! :lol:

Post here the stories behind your usernames! How did you come up with it? What inspired it? What does it mean?

I bet people think that behind my username is a 13 year-old die-hard G4 fan, who had no idea about the existence of other generations before coming here and has horrible spelling mistakes XD But actually I am a young adult and this name was created years ago when I joined this community and yes, at that time I was that little die hard fan, but I knew about older generations and G3 was still at the bottom of my heart, though I fangirled over G4 at that time. And soooo that's where this name came from and it's still here. I am actually considering changing it.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
Re: Story behind your username!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 09:47:10 AM »
The meaning of my username is kind of obscure, so much so that I put it in my profile.  :lol:

It is/was (I don't know if it is still used, maybe in Europe, I don't know) a term used in 18th century and thereabouts for ensembles of woodwind and some brass instrument players.

Once I found the term, I was overjoyed, finally a perfect username for me to describe my love for all woodwind and brass instruments! Sadly, that definition of the term is very obscure, and people in general just think it's a spelling of "Harmony".

|My Collection|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 10:46:25 AM »
Leave a Whisper. I was reading a fanfic and came across the phrase: leave a whisper and nothing more. It means to come and go without a trace. I liked it so much that I chose to use it as my name, even though I'm about as stealthy and inconspicuous as a drunk rhino. Haha!

Post Merge: October 14, 2017, 10:47:08 AM

The meaning of my username is kind of obscure, so much so that I put it in my profile.  :lol:

It is/was (I don't know if it is still used, maybe in Europe, I don't know) a term used in 18th century and thereabouts for ensembles of woodwind and some brass instrument players.

Once I found the term, I was overjoyed, finally a perfect username for me to describe my love for all woodwind and brass instruments! Sadly, that definition of the term is very obscure, and people in general just think it's a spelling of "Harmony".

Actually, I thought that was your irl name.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 11:06:03 AM »
When I was getting back in to ponies as an adult and found the Trading Post I couldn't decide on which pony to use as a username. I decided to pick Ponyfan since I am a fan of ponies. :)

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 11:27:38 AM »
My username technically comes from a completely awful nu-metal band; in the absence of ideas, I'd decided to call my ponysona 'Taproot' for a bit of a joke (in the midst of a cringe-worthy and very immature 'irony phase'...) and suffice to say now I am regretting it with a vengeance. XD
I have been pondering changing my username for quite some time, it's just a matter of deciding on something better.

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 12:14:11 PM »
Heh, mine's a nickname for "Carrie" which is a name I used to use on the internet.. I go by Mew nowadays, but Carrehz stuck as my go-to username. Helps that it's never taken XD

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 01:23:43 PM »
Glitterball because I love disco, funk and generally anything glam & sparkly!
I also collect vintage (rhinestone) costume jewellery, so it all ties in together!  :cool:
When ever I visit a flea market / boot sale / charity store, it is always with a bee-line to the jewellery and toy sections  :P

Offline bright rabbit 1

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Titan Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 01:30:59 PM »
The meaning behind my name.

bright rabbit because I like the song bright eyes from watership down, and one, I like the number.

A mother pony can be protective of her young just like dogs.

Friend Code: SW-4221-8531-0056

Offline SpaceButtPonies

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 6v9
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »
Mine would be from when I was high school, my mom bought me a new pair of converse shoes. With loving Pokemon as much as I do I took Sharpie pens and drew pikachu's face on the tips. (In school I thought that was coolest thing)
My friend saw them and went "Haha its pikashoes!" I loved the name so much I've used to for almost everything.

Siggy made by tailrustedtealeaf

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 02:21:16 PM »
My username technically comes from a completely awful nu-metal band; in the absence of ideas, I'd decided to call my ponysona 'Taproot' for a bit of a joke (in the midst of a cringe-worthy and very immature 'irony phase'...) and suffice to say now I am regretting it with a vengeance. XD
I have been pondering changing my username for quite some time, it's just a matter of deciding on something better.

Gaaah please don't change it, every time I see a post from you I get "Again & Again" stuck in my head (Taproot's only decent song). I love that song and it usually replaces the theme tune to Blaze and the Monster Machines or Teletubbies or *shudders* Peppa Pig. (The joys of being a stay at home Mum.)

For a while I went by my real name, then that changed to Pinkamena when my ex started stalking me again. He got over that though (thank you, new girlfriends) so last year (earlier this year? I can't remember) I changed it to Gingerbread as she is my favourite pony next to Bow Tie and Cotton Candy. And I have a large Twinkle Eye army. :D

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 02:36:32 PM »
The meaning behind my name.

bright rabbit because I like the song bright eyes from watership down, and one, I like the number.

OMG thats one of my favourite books, need to find out which rabbit it is (I only ever read it in german, so no idea which one it is :))

I love all your explanations <3 Its so cool to read that all!
Harmonie btw is also the german word for harmony <3 and its also the german word for what you described, thats cool :D

So, my own username... Einhornbaby is no official german word I think but you can translate it to "baby unicorn". I go by that name since 2001 +/-.

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 03:43:33 PM »
I had made up a whole bunch of my own big brother ponies, especially Pegasus and unicorn since none exsisted, and I picked Gator (green pegasus with two blue alligators symbol) as my username and avatar.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 05:14:18 PM »
I've been BlackCurtains (with or without a space) online since 1997. Back then my favorite band was Megadeth and I played the album Youthanasia on repeat constantly.

One of the songs on it is Black Curtains.

Interestingly, in 2004 a french metal band formed and called themselves Black Curtains. I had claimed the name almost everywhere, but when social media started to get really big, we were in competition. They dissolved in 2011 and despite my attempts, they refuse to let go of the name.

I'm not a fan of Megadeth anymore (Dave went off the deep end yeeeeears ago), but I still listen to the old stuff - everything up to Risk, basically.

I have thought about changing... but this name is so established. I mean, there are people who call me BC in real life. So instead I just have an alter ego of sorts, and use that name on sites I don't want affiliated with "BlackCurtains"  ^^;

Instagram | Facebook
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 06:00:47 PM »
mine i don't really remember why i picked it. I think I just liked how it sounded besides the fact that I've had a character named Kestral since
middle school and couldn't use that when I made my first email account on yahoo so I went with kitsune lol since she was a fox
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 06:43:30 PM »
Mine's exceedingly unexciting - dates back to the days of the Pony Name Registry (anyone even old enough to recall it?) and my favourite pony was Sugarberry but that was already taken, so next best thing.  The rest, as they say, is history.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal