collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Story behind your username!  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Story behind your username!
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2017, 02:39:51 AM »
I made it up to fit my siggy a cute Little pony with a sparkling star on it. I had no deeper thoughts about it.

Offline piinkypiie

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2017, 07:12:41 PM »
I grew up with g3, and pinkie pie was one of my favourite characters. Back in 2007 there was also a online trend (at least in my area) to use double letters and numbers in usernames. Many of my friends were doing it. I invented my username was piinkypiie back then. Since g4 came out I love the character development of Pinkie and I think her character matches mine a little. So when I joined the arena, of course I used piinkypiie as my username.

:)
:happy:

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2017, 07:18:28 PM »
Once upon a time, when the gods and Keith Richards was young, I joined the TP with the name Loababypony. Loa, being my nicname in RL, and baby pony because... that's what I collected. It got shortened to Loababy as I got lazier, and Loa when I became lazier still! :P

One day I will be the great LA.

XD Will that eventually get shortened to The Great L?

Post Merge: November 19, 2017, 07:24:18 PM

Mine would be from when I was high school, my mom bought me a new pair of converse shoes. With loving Pokemon as much as I do I took Sharpie pens and drew pikachu's face on the tips. (In school I thought that was coolest thing)
My friend saw them and went "Haha its pikashoes!" I loved the name so much I've used to for almost everything.

That's cute.  :good:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:24:18 PM by Leave a Whisper »
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline lockette

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • twice as fancy as you
    • View Profile
    • toylockette.tumblr
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2017, 07:33:28 PM »
I picked "Lockette" as the name for my ponysona character before I knew about TE Locket :x I just thought it was a pretty name for a pony, but I wanted it to look a bit ~fancier~.
and I might've signed up here before knowing about her, too!

I've started using toylockette as a MLP-collecting username but I think on the Arena I'll always just be lockette.
:rainbow: toylockette on tumblr & instagram!
& check out g1mlp & g3mlp on tumblr!

☆☆ wish list! ☆☆ ISO baby sparkle Firefly w/ dark gold tail factory error!

Offline SourdoughStomper

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • grain free and pain free
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 09:53:48 AM »
Sourdough Stompers was the name of my square dancing group in Whitehorse, Yukon. I did learn to square dance, but having been nearly two decades since I've done it now, I have forgotten 99% of the maneuvers.  Don't know if the group still exists. Square dancing isn't much of a thing these days. I wonder if they ever found out I pinched their name for an online forum? :lol:

"Sourdough" is a Yukon word for gold hunters back in the Klondike gold rush. The seasoned stampeders usually carried sourdough bacteria/starter with them so they could make bread with it. Gotta survive those harsh winters. Apparently, you could earn the title if you survived your first Arctic winter. Until then, you were known as a Cheechako.

The irony now is that I gave up eating wheat and all grains about 6-7 years ago, so you can also picture me as someone one who is stomping the crud out of bread products. XD I might have to get someone to draw that for me someday.

After I joined, I designed a character based on the name. I made him male, because Stomper doesn't sound all that feminine. Perhaps he can be considered my first persona, but he doesn't really represent me. He represents the Yukon more than me. The Yukon and I parted ways nearly 11 years ago.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He's not a mere yellow color, but he is gold. His hair colors are the colors of the Yukon flag.

He has blue eyes to contrast with the gold. His symbol comes from the Yukon license plate. The little character is known as "Klondike Sam."

He is down to earth and humdrum, like myself, so he's an earth pony. (That applies to all my personas, now that I think about it.)

Shortly after I created him, I gave him a mate. Since I tend to love flower-related ponies, I picked a logical flower to represent a Yukon pony. Her name is Fireweed. It's the provincial flower, too. (You should try fireweed jelly. Interesting taste. It's probably good on sourdough bread. :P )

Nothing too flashy to explain about her. She just has fireweed colors. Pink is not really my favorite color though.

This thread is more about screen names than personas, although for me they are linked. I eventually made myself a true persona. That would be Sunflower. But I never changed my screen name as SourdoughStomper is very unique. Chief once told me that a quite a large number of search engines results would lead people to the Arena because they were looking up my name. So I've kept it all this time. There was a period of time when I would even refer to myself as Stomper in my head, even when I wasn't online. :P

If I ever did change it, it would probably DesertSunflower or SonoranArizonan. :sunny: :sunflora:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:56:57 AM by SourdoughStomper »
 Credit to Shaiyeh for avatar.

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2017, 03:54:52 AM »
Mine's exceedingly unexciting - dates back to the days of the Pony Name Registry (anyone even old enough to recall it?) and my favourite pony was Sugarberry but that was already taken, so next best thing.  The rest, as they say, is history.

Mine is same as yours in this regard. Track back to 1997-8 and all the good names being taken ;) I'd never seen Taffeta as a pony in real life but I liked the name and I liked her colours, so I chose this. Technically on the PNR my sister was known as Munchy, and we'd trade as Taffeta and Munchy. I got Taffeta the pony not long after and she became one of my special ponies as she is so pretty...so it was a good choice. I prefer to drop the 'Princess', though. I'm not trying to be royalty ;)

So nothing exciting here. I kept the Taffeta name always in the pony community and also used it in the Jem community. Most of my long term online to real life friends call me Taff in real life even though they know my real name xD. I don't use it for any other community, though, or on ebay (where I am reide, and that is very obscure, it relates to a story I was writing at the time and it's the name of one of the characters...a lot of my other online names relate to writing in some way, particularly in fanfiction/etc).

I find it ironic that my pony persona is a pony that I never heard of as a child and which was never sold in the UK ;)

@Broken Irishwoman - I always thought Regenveertje was a cute name ;). Although it sounds like the Netherlands did a bit of set-name swapping o.O.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2017, 03:56:38 AM »
Yummy juice : )

wishlist

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2017, 10:47:05 AM »
Moondancer was my very first pony, but someone else already had the screenname 'Moondancer'.  :P
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2017, 10:09:26 AM »
@Broken Irishwoman - I always thought Regenveertje was a cute name ;). Although it sounds like the Netherlands did a bit of set-name swapping o.O.

Ha, thanks! And yes, they did! When I first came online, I was very surprised to learn who the real Regenveertje was. :P

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »
The meaning behind my name.

bright rabbit because I like the song bright eyes from watership down, and one, I like the number.

I like that song too. :)

Mine is my first name (obviously) plus a reference from the original MLP pilot (a.k.a.Rescue at Midnight Castle or Firefly's Adventure). It's a play on "horsefeathers," which I thought was actually pretty funny and clever. But later it was used in other MLP recordings as an expression of general surprise, as in, "Oh, ponyfeathers! Isn't this exciting?!" *snort* The writers clearly didn't get it and didn't try very hard to figure it out, which annoys me.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 07:51:24 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2017, 08:18:18 AM »
Mine's not too complicated. I love sparkly things,  and I love ponies. Therefore, I like ponies that sparkle.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 08:24:57 AM by poniesthatsparkle »

Offline Bren41882

• Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 24, 2017, 05:45:41 PM »
Bren is my name(Brenda) shortened and my nickname 41882 is my birthday 04/18/1982 not very exciting lol

Offline Faerie-StarV

• Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2018, 05:26:04 PM »
My username was from my Deviantart username(my first time being on social website) and came up that name on October 2007 while I was attending my first year in college at Orlando.
Faery-Star is a seven pointed star(it's also known as Elven Star) but I changed the spelling based on European spelling into Faerie. It's also because I love faeries since I was a kid.
As for the letter 'V', it stands for Virgo since it's my horoscope and I added it there since Faerie-Star was already taken so I added the letter 'V' at the end.
Some people thought it meant a Roman Numeral five which is not.

Offline Bewilderbeast

• Captain Jack Pony
  • contextual tomato consumption
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2018, 05:55:40 PM »
The Bewilderbeast is the immense white alpha dragon from How to Train Your Dragon 2. I saw it and loved it so it became my go-to name when I don't want to use my Tumblr username. It's actually usually "Bewilderbeastie", but I made this account before I started adding the "ie" :P

Online most people only know me by my nickname Pixie, though, which comes from my first ever online username, pixie-rings (coincidentally still used on my ancient DA account and my Ao3). Pix for short, of course.
Call me Pixie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal