collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Story behind your username!  (Read 4758 times)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
Re: Story behind your username!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 12:30:01 AM »
Beldarna was a character I created for a story when I was around 11, 12 years old. She was based on me but was strongminded, independent and pretty much a halfgod in anything but name and I liked her so much so all my short stories came to be about her. I built an entire universe for her and her friends and some day I might get it down in writing as much is just in my head today. The name was pretty much stolen from Beldaran in the Belgariad by Eddings, I just rewrote it a bit ;). When I became older and started to break away from my old, not so nice, friends, and find out who i am online I took the name for myself as I needed her strength and courage. It has been with me ever since.

Offline SnorkMaiden

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 01:30:37 AM »
When I first joined the MLP community, many moons ago, I decided it was time for a new username. I happened to think about the Moomins. Some of you will be familiar with them, especially those of you from Nordic countries or Germany, where they're very popular.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moomins

I remembered listening to the audioplays and watching the cartoons as a child and being charmed by their stories, which sometimes were everyday experiences and sometimes magical and exciting.

I thought Little My would be a good username (she's a fiery impish creature - small, but not to be overlooked), but that was taken, so I went for Snork Maiden instead. She doesn't fit my character 100%, for she's a little vain and thinks a lot about her appearance (which I don't), but she can also be very brave if she has to be, and she's fiercely loyal to her friends (which I am).

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 02:00:02 AM »
I used to work at Disney World and my favorite attraction is the Enchanted Tiki Room which features anamatronic birds so hence tikibirds
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 09:13:31 AM »
Oh, I enjoy reading all these! :D

I changed mine recently (I used to be Regenveertje, which is the Dutch name for D'nW Cuddles (childhood pony), which doesn't make sense because Regenveertje translates to Rainfeather).

I chose this name because I am from Irish descent. I was born in The Netherlands, but my father's side is Irish; my grandfather danced a perfect jig, Gaelic was his mother tongue, you get they idea. I feel more Irish than anything else (especially because of my nature, and that's not always a good thing XD ), even though I've never been to Ireland. So it speaks for itself that I love Irish music very much. Anyone who enjoys Irish music just as much as I do, must have noticed that they are always singing about "broken Irishmen"... When I was listening to one of these songs again, I realised that I have so many faults, and I that break down so frequently (and get back up just as frequently, important detail!) that I am probably even more Irish than I thought.

...And the name was born. I wear it with pride. :mrgreen: visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 01:05:43 PM »
Contrary to what it may seem, my username is not MLP inspired. My favorite Marvel character growing up was Polaris. I didn't want to just take that name, so I used the nickname for the star Polaris which is the North Star. 3184 is the day and year I was born (10/31/84).

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2017, 07:08:42 PM »
I showed rabbits for many years, primarily the Himalayan breed. The breed's nickname is Himmie so I started using it too, in all parts of life. At this point I generally respond more quickly to that than to Sarah -- too many of those!
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Safflower

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Whatever shall I put here? (she/her)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2017, 07:12:00 PM »
So interesting to read everyone's! You guys are way more creative than I am :blush: Honestly, I picked the name Safflower because it just sounds pretty. It's also used for pigment in paints and things like that some times and I thought it was cool because I'm an artsy person :biggrin:

。.:☆*:・~celestial ponies are best ponies~・:*☆:.
~thanks to the wonderful Griffin for my sig!~

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »
Oh gosh... Marlin is my boy cat, lol!!  :lol:

A lot of names when I joined were very pony like and I wanted to veer away from that. I guess I just wasn't feeling very creative, but I love the name Marlin, so, eh... that's what happened!  ;)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2017, 09:13:38 PM »
I don't exactly remember how my name got to be mewtwofan1, but when I was creating a Roblox account around...I think 2011? Yeah. About there. I was just starting to get obsessed with Pokemon, and I LOVE mewtwo. No pokemon is as awesome as a genetic abomination that proves our lord and saviour arceus is dead? So that was m Roblox name, and still is. Then it just became a standard online name for me. My minecraft name is also mewtwofan1. So when I came onto the arena, I think it was just habit. And I didn't want an overly pony name. Mewtwofan1 is me, and that's how it's always been and always shall be.
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 09:16:13 PM »
I was messing around online one night with my friends at college.  I was the only one of my friends with their own computer, so Friday/Saturday nights looking random stuff online in my room was a popular activity.   It was close to Easter, and I was always a bit obsessed with Marshmallow Peeps, so I suggested we look up Peeps online.  I found the official Peeps website, and they had a thing where you could send a Peep ecard to someone.  It being the early days of the internet, I thought that was the most amazing thing ever!  You had to make an account to do it, and pick a username. I tried all my usual names, but they were all taken. Peeps were more popular than I thought I guess.  I don't like names with a bunch of numbers, so I started putting in anything I could come up with.  Goddessofpeep was the one that got through:p

I quickly discovered that it was a pretty unique name online, so I kept it. 

I'm still obsessed with Peeps:p
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:21:15 PM by goddessofpeep »

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2017, 04:24:54 PM »
Once upon a time, when the gods and Keith Richards was young, I joined the TP with the name Loababypony. Loa, being my nicname in RL, and baby pony because... that's what I collected. It got shortened to Loababy as I got lazier, and Loa when I became lazier still! :P

One day I will be the great LA.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Harmonie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Crazy Woodwind Lady
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2017, 06:30:18 PM »
Actually, I thought that was your irl name.

That's the first time I'm hearing that one. But wouldn't it be funny, and all MLP-like to end up being given a name that would eventually turn out so closely related to your passion?  :lol:

Harmonie btw is also the german word for harmony <3 and its also the german word for what you described, thats cool :D

Hm... Yeah, I don't speak German, so I do need to be careful. I came upon the term while reading a history book on the bassoon. I had never heard of it before.

I looked it back up in my book (yay for e-Books with that search function) and the term was very much associated with France, too. It looks like it originates from sometime in the Baroque era which is earlier than I thought.

|My Collection|

Offline StarSwirl05

• Pearlized G3 Prototype Pony
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • Njyugioh
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2017, 06:44:09 PM »
Once upon a time, when the gods and Keith Richards was young, I joined the TP with the name Loababypony. Loa, being my nicname in RL, and baby pony because... that's what I collected. It got shortened to Loababy as I got lazier, and Loa when I became lazier still! :P

One day I will be the great LA.
Or even just "L" :P My user name is rather straight forward. Star Swirl was the pony that made my love of G3 MLP take off and 05 was the year I joined here (ooh and this post is actually near 12 years to the day I joined too).

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 01:02:22 AM »
Way back when I joined in 09 I had recently gotten back into Transformers,Supernatural, and you guessed it MLP. Two of the three were throwbacks to my childhood and the other a recent favorite TV show of mine. Shout out to my BFF for introducing it to me. :cool: Sky Rocket was one of the ponies I wanted but never owned when I was a kid. Her coloring always reminded me of Optimus Prime so I wanted to use the name in some way. The "Sammie" part is a double cross over nod. For Sam Witwicky from Transformers and Sam Winchester from SPN.
The quote in my avatar is from SPN but could fit into Transformers. Also my nickname is Sam so it all works.

Shout out to the friendly MLP member who during a newbie swap sent me not one but both versions of Sky Rocket. :newpony: :happy: :lovey: TE Sky Rocket hangs out with my Transformers collection specifically Optimus.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Zapper

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 07:16:26 AM »
Zapper is a custom pony I created way back. I thought it would be a fitting username for an MLP board. And I love lightning and Tesla shows and such :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal