Pony Talk > Off Topic

Story behind your username!

(1/13) > >>

SilverHorsey:
I am pretty sure this kind of topic has existed, but it was a long time ago, so I made a new one yay! :lol:

Post here the stories behind your usernames! How did you come up with it? What inspired it? What does it mean?

I bet people think that behind my username is a 13 year-old die-hard G4 fan, who had no idea about the existence of other generations before coming here and has horrible spelling mistakes XD But actually I am a young adult and this name was created years ago when I joined this community and yes, at that time I was that little die hard fan, but I knew about older generations and G3 was still at the bottom of my heart, though I fangirled over G4 at that time. And soooo that's where this name came from and it's still here. I am actually considering changing it.

Harmonie:
The meaning of my username is kind of obscure, so much so that I put it in my profile.  :lol:

It is/was (I don't know if it is still used, maybe in Europe, I don't know) a term used in 18th century and thereabouts for ensembles of woodwind and some brass instrument players.

Once I found the term, I was overjoyed, finally a perfect username for me to describe my love for all woodwind and brass instruments! Sadly, that definition of the term is very obscure, and people in general just think it's a spelling of "Harmony".

Leave a Whisper:
Leave a Whisper. I was reading a fanfic and came across the phrase: leave a whisper and nothing more. It means to come and go without a trace. I liked it so much that I chose to use it as my name, even though I'm about as stealthy and inconspicuous as a drunk rhino. Haha!

Post Merge: October 14, 2017, 10:47:08 AM

--- Quote from: Harmonie on October 14, 2017, 09:47:10 AM ---The meaning of my username is kind of obscure, so much so that I put it in my profile.  :lol:

It is/was (I don't know if it is still used, maybe in Europe, I don't know) a term used in 18th century and thereabouts for ensembles of woodwind and some brass instrument players.

Once I found the term, I was overjoyed, finally a perfect username for me to describe my love for all woodwind and brass instruments! Sadly, that definition of the term is very obscure, and people in general just think it's a spelling of "Harmony".

--- End quote ---

Actually, I thought that was your irl name.

Ponyfan:
When I was getting back in to ponies as an adult and found the Trading Post I couldn't decide on which pony to use as a username. I decided to pick Ponyfan since I am a fan of ponies. :)

Ponyfan

Miniature Sheep:
My username technically comes from a completely awful nu-metal band; in the absence of ideas, I'd decided to call my ponysona 'Taproot' for a bit of a joke (in the midst of a cringe-worthy and very immature 'irony phase'...) and suffice to say now I am regretting it with a vengeance. XD
I have been pondering changing my username for quite some time, it's just a matter of deciding on something better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version