collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Banana Surprise and the Greeny Hair  (Read 673 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Banana Surprise and the Greeny Hair
« on: October 14, 2017, 06:16:24 AM »
So I am home for the weekend and have been cleaning ponies this morning. I am very happy with some of the ponies in this box as I finally have my own Puddles and Peeks and a very pretty Hong Kong Cherry Treats who I've wanted for a while. But one of the ponies in this box is a Banana Surprise whose hair is downright odd.

My own Banana Surprise is made in China. She's quite mundane looking really, has no curl left, but she is what she is. I never was a fan of this set.

There are 2 Banana Surprises in this box and both are made in Hong Kong. I expect minor differences but the one looks much like mine, colours slightly different, more curl but nothing out of the ordinary.

The other has hair that's aqua to green. It's not one or the other, it's both. I am sure this is a discoloration of some kind but I am a bit at a loss to know what kind, as aqua fading to green seems unlikely to me. It seems as though it would make sense the other way around but obviously she's meant to have aqua hair. Also she isn't faded, and her hair has pretty perfect factory curl. I can only think she might have been stored with her rear facing a window, but then her mane is half green and it's the half that was curled underneath, so now I'm wondering if this is something that has been noted with the fibres on HK Banana Surprises.

Because I'm not a huge fan of this set, I haven't ever paid attention in the past to the HK/China variations but this one is just weird looking. I am probably going to keep her because she's weird looking, but I'd love to know if anyone has an explanation as to what might cause this. I think HK Sundae Best are less common here (not that I have been looking) so it's really likely someone out there knows more about this than me.

No pics at the moment as they've just been through the spa, I'll try and add one later.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Banana Surprise and the Greeny Hair
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:21:22 AM »
I had that effect on her too, the first time many years ago when I started collecting. Id say its a discoloration, I had it a few times but only on Banana Surprise, never on any other aqua haired pony. It might be her personal quirk :P

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 06:43:22 AM »
I had that effect on her too, the first time many years ago when I started collecting. Id say its a discoloration, I had it a few times but only on Banana Surprise, never on any other aqua haired pony. It might be her personal quirk :P

Hrm. Interesting. I used to have so many Banana Surprise doubles that I had to give them away, but never saw this before. But I wonder if the ones I had were all Chinese ones. I probably didn't check because I really am not a fan of this pony or this set...maybe it is a Banana Surprise quirk. Maybe it's to do with the scent o.O.

I am pretty sure it's a discolouration too, because of the fact her hair is both aqua and green - but just figuring out what happened to cause it is a bit mysterious. Especially since the other one doesn't have it. I may at this rate be forced to keep them both :/
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 09:55:45 AM »
Oh I've got to see her!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 03:52:22 PM »
Searched my hard drive and found some super old pics :P 2004, so 13yo lol :D

So here is one of them, sadly didnt keep her... cant remember what I did with her, I think I sold her. More experienced collectors back then told me it was common on her, so I didnt pay much attention on this.

She was overall a bit more on the yellowish side compared to the other one. Its hard to on the first pic, but from the rear view  her mane had a least little bit of aqua left too. It starts at the middle of the curl, I marked it on pic 4.
Sadly these are the only pics I have left, its hard to see. I remember it when I had her in hands it was way more visible. No idea which country they were, sorry.

http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de/zeigen/bananasurprise.jpg
http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de/zeigen/bananasurprise2.jpg
http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de/zeigen/bananasurprise3.jpg
http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de/zeigen/bananasurprise4.jpg

Can you show yours too? Id like to see if its the same kind of effect or does yours maybe have it on certain plugs? So like one is aqua and one is green?

Offline Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2017, 04:24:04 AM »
I will try to get pictures up online later if I can. I tried last night but the artificial light didn't bring it up very well in the images of the mane, only the tail.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal