collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alternative Pony Accessories! What Do You Use?  (Read 1302 times)

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Alternative Pony Accessories! What Do You Use?
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 08:24:48 AM »
I too adore putting ribbons on my ponies tails.  Some long time ago I found these ribbons that look perfect, I have a rainbow of pastel colors, and they are just the right size and feel to look almost like original G1 ribbons so they really look cute on the ponies.  Yet they are still different enough that I can easily tell my precious few real original ribbons apart from them, so they are perfect.

Every time I go to a craft store I have my eye out for some material that would make good replacement bandanas for my boy ponies, but so far I haven't found any.

I've also toyed with the idea of making jewelry for ponies using ribbons and beads and such.  Maybe even making things like halters and lead ropes and blankets and such, but I haven't yet.  I've made a few beaded necklaces before but I'm not very crafty.  I have lots of ideas for things, but implementing them is the hard part.  XD
~RavenPaw
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2017, 01:50:54 PM »
Over the summer, Walmart had some fashion rings shaped like crowns for $9. I bought one and used it as a pony crown. I took it off the pony’s head after I took pictures.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
You know on ladies tops and dresses there are those ribbons on either armpit, I think it's to make hanging them up more secure? I cut them out and use them as pony ribbons. They are often just the right length and not too wide, and some lovely colours!! Also, there's two the same which works well for mums and babies to match.

Jules x

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2017, 02:50:19 PM »
I love the G1 princess ribbons, with the metallic edging. So I have about 8 different spools of that at home for my ponies. I do have a few original ribbons, and some similar style but double-sided and much firmer satin ribbons that I also use for ponies that suit that better. Ribbons are just so pretty!

For many years when I was a child, when my bestie and I used to play, the matriarch of the herd had to wear a ring. This stemmed from the fact that we both had Pony Bride. We'd both however, lost the ring, and my matriarch was Ruby Lips anyway, so her Pony Bride (who she referred to as Wedding) and my Ruby Lips (who was Silky Mane) had random plastic rings. I know I have it in with my pony accessories, but she no longer wears it. It was pink, the same colour as that pesky saddle that has stained so very many ponies around the globe, so I have no idea how it managed never stained her over the years!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2017, 02:42:42 AM »
Oh wow, Magic Hat/Star is beautiful like that! A true personality. :D

Thank you  :)

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 12:55:16 AM »

I have a Magic Hat who has no symbols whatsoever. I bought her like that on purpose because I just love that look on her. She was listed as Magic Star, so Magic Star she is. I made a necklace for her with ribbon and a star pendant. She has that instead of her symbol.

Sweet story and she looks gorgeous with that bespoke necklace!  :lovey:

Offline poniesthatsparkle

• Rainbow Curl Pony
  • TAF Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 07:08:34 AM »
I rarely leave anything on my ponies for a long time to avoid dye leaking onto the pony, but occasionally I like to use LPS accessories as props/accessories for photoshoots of G4s. For other generations, I don't currently own anything large enough for them since all of my LPS toys were really small.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal