collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Multiple Artist Project: green lit-seeking submissions  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Arena Multiple Artist Project: green lit-seeking submissions
« on: October 10, 2017, 06:51:59 AM »
EDIT: see most recent posts for updates please!

Hello there again! Voting closed earlier this morning and I am pleased to say the project has been approved by you guys! Thanks for giving your two cents on the subject. ;)
     However, now that the project has been granted approval,we need people to contribute to this multi-artist project. Key word is multi. To make this the best map possible, we all should be able to contribute. If you're able to animate or take a video of your ponies: congradulations. You qualify for this production team. I can contribute some blender mlp animations,but that's about it. And I already have another project in the works. So I can't be the only artist on this thing!
    That's where you all come in! Please, if you're going to submit something for the project (better name at later date) please tell me here. Nothing has been finalized, so lay off the camera until the details are worked out. Speaking of details! If you all have music suggestions, please say so here or forever hold your peace. On oct. 14, a poll with all possible music selections will be released. This IS an mlp arena production, so even if you can't submit any visual material, you can still have your voice heard.
     As always,I'm mewtwofan1 and thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 08:49:03 PM by Mewtwofan1 »
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: Arena MAP update-we have been green lit!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:54:08 PM »
Best of luck with the project!

I hope you don't mind if I make a tiny suggestion? I would expand the abbreviation in the topic title, as there might be others like me who were not previously familiar with the acronym 'MAP' and are wondering what this thread is about. :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Mewtwofan1

• View Profile
Re: Arena MAP update-we have been green lit!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:33:42 PM »
Best of luck with the project!

I hope you don't mind if I make a tiny suggestion? I would expand the abbreviation in the topic title, as there might be others like me who were not previously familiar with the acronym 'MAP' and are wondering what this thread is about. :)
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to make the change.

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Arena Multiple Artist Project: green lit-seeking submissions
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 05:48:57 AM »
Wait, I think I missed something, what is this project?

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 08:04:03 AM »
*has no clue what a MAP is, was legit thinking like a map of ponyland, but the arena* ^^' I'm curious! will keep my eyes on this thread :)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 11:23:45 AM »
Here's the previous thread for those who have no clue what this is about. :) http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,388093.0.html

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline Shaiyeh

• Trade Count: (+78)
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 02:55:12 PM »
Read it, thanks Griffin :) still don't quite get it tho - what does MAP stand for, and what is the purpose? (don't mean to sound rude, I just don't get a clear picture of what we're doing ^^' maybe I'm just slow )regardless, it sounds like fun and I might be up for joining xD I don't animate, but I do have means to film and possibly edit together simple stop motion :)

Edited because I can't spell xD

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Mewtwofan1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 10:28:02 PM »
Thank you so much for your attention to this project! It would mean quite a lot to see this be a success. Feel free to still say what you can contribute, if anything. Need an idea for what this is going to be at the end. But I'm also looking for background music selections. The music would play a big part of the theme for the project, and ultimately be vital to the project. After you all put in your suggestions for music, we will hold a vote soon on the matter. Then official sign ups and get to working! But until then, please keep your suggestions and idea flowing!

Wait, I think I missed something, what is this project?

I think you did. But here's a quick recap: what better way to show off your pony drawing, animating or video taking skills than having it all in one big video? Introducing the arena multiple animator project! Final dates haven't been made, as I'm still waiting to see if anybody could actually submit anything for the project.

As always, thank you for reading.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 04:42:08 PM »
So, am I understanding you right when you say that you are making a huge animation/video of MLP?  What you want is for members to do their animation to add to one big animation that showcases the talents of everyone for making a video or animation that includes ponies acting out some sort of theme or story?  Is the purpose of this to see this form of art from multiple members of the pony community?  It is for fun and the joy of creating and contributing to a creation?  Will you have one central theme or will everyone just do their own theme?  I actually know a forum that did something like this.  They somehow managed to get several members all around the globe together to create the Nutcracker Ballet featuring the item collected for that forum.  It was amazing when it was done and I enjoyed watching it. I don't have the time to do something like this but good luck.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:48:22 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 08:27:09 PM »
Man, I adore MAPs, but have no idea how to animate them. =w=

Read it, thanks Griffin :) still don't quite get it tho - what does MAP stand for, and what is the purpose? (don't mean to sound rude, I just don't get a clear picture of what we're doing ^^' maybe I'm just slow )regardless, it sounds like fun and I might be up for joining xD I don't animate, but I do have means to film and possibly edit together simple stop motion :)

Edited because I can't spell xD

MAP stands for Multi Artist Project (or multi animator project, depending on who you ask.) They are essentially animated music videos. The organizer divides a song into short parts, participants choose a part and then create an animation to match it. Subjects vary. There is generally an overlying theme - in this case, MLP.

I hope that clears it up! Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining things.

Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Mewtwofan1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 08:48:26 PM »
So, am I understanding you right when you say that you are making a huge animation/video of MLP?  What you want is for members to do their animation to add to one big animation that showcases the talents of everyone for making a video or animation that includes ponies acting out some sort of theme or story?  Is the purpose of this to see this form of art from multiple members of the pony community?  It is for fun and the joy of creating and contributing to a creation?  Will you have one central theme or will everyone just do their own theme?  I actually know a forum that did something like this.  They somehow managed to get several members all around the globe together to create the Nutcracker Ballet featuring the item collected for that forum.  It was amazing when it was done and I enjoyed watching it. I don't have the time to do something like this but good luck.
Thanks. As for theme, I am not quite sure yet. Once I get an idea of how many can actually do the project, we can move forwards on it. For right now, I’m letting folk brainstorm before making final cuts. Anybody would be allowed to participate. It would showcase the arena and the wonderful people we have here, as well as giving some of us a fun collab. For me, the goal would be more educational. Try learning how to do these things. Set up a better way for me to animate. The greats would be amazing. But this only works if others join.
So, with that being said, I’d want every pony who can or wants to join to say so for a general number of what this is going to be.

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 07:45:31 PM »
I may be able to contribute something. I haven't done much animation, but I'm ok with snappy storyboards. I'm also ok with recording my ponies.
I'd offer song suggestions, but my music taste is weird and obscure, so I'd better let those who have an ear for more popular music choose.  :nerdy:

Sig by Starscout <3

Offline BethMcBeth

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • www.BethMcBeth.com
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »
I would be inserted in the project and could animate a segment. :)

Offline Mewtwofan1

• View Profile
Okay. So we need music selection. All maps have this. Sort of gives a theme. So please suggest music selections. Music selections will be open until November 22,2017. Then we will vote on the 23 and sign ups begin!

Offline tailrustedtealeaf

• Sparkly Seahorse Pony
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+66)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Why it ourple
    • View Profile
    • Tungler
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »
As mentioned my music taste is obscure and not as popular...Lemon Demon's albums Spirit Phone and View-Monster have songs that tell stories, but they may not be as liked as other choices, ha.

Sig by Starscout <3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal