collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Fakie Appreciation Thread! Show us yer Fakies!  (Read 134405 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: The Fakie Appreciation Thread! Show us yer Fakies!
« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2018, 06:23:59 PM »
Where is every pony finding fakies lately? I'm very picky about my fakies so I dont really have any but there are some I like a lot! Has anyone seen the "sweet box" ponies? They are blind bag size and come in mystery box!
http://sbox.club/en/kollekczii/pony3/
They also have MLP and other cute themes! They seem to be sold im Russia! Anyone have access? I was abke to buy 3 from someone here!

For buying some new, Dollar Tree (and other dollar stores I'm sure), Big Lots, and Walmart are three I can think of off of the top of my head. I also know I saw a set of fakies once at Fred Meyer but that's a more local chain here.

I just get most of my fakies from thrifting.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2018, 06:39:46 PM »
Love that pop star pony baby.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2018, 09:26:36 PM »
Not my fakies, but I spotted some at DD's. Didn't have much desire to get them.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline Water Lily

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Hi Everypony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2018, 10:57:06 PM »
Normally I don't collect fakies, but since I'll never be able to afford a genuine vintage Takara, I've made an exception!  I love these little fakies, they're so cute!

Where did you buy these?
You can never go wrong with being kind. :good:

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
Re: Fakie Appreciation Thread (MLP and non-MLP Moulds)
« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2018, 12:54:29 AM »
Where is every pony finding fakies lately? I'm very picky about my fakies so I dont really have any but there are some I like a lot! Has anyone seen the "sweet box" ponies? They are blind bag size and come in mystery box!
They also have MLP and other cute themes! They seem to be sold im Russia! Anyone have access? I was abke to buy 3 from someone here!

Wow, these are so neat!

Edit: Welp, just made three Pinterest boards for these babies, I had no idea they were that prevalent! Can't find the bios for Sweetbox Ponies 2 on the official website, but luckily another website had saved them. I think I like the Sweet-tooth line the most in terms of concept, but the designs could use a little something!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 04:30:18 AM by Glitter Yolk »

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2018, 03:58:58 AM »
i don't seem to have her anymore, but i had a lady baby years ago that i picked up from a charity shop, cream body with green hair and a pineapple symbol. she even smelt like pineapples!! sadly the charity shop closed a few months ago, but the few times i went there they never had any more... my friend picked up a G2-style fakie from the same shop on the same day but i can't remember what she looked like.

Offline Water Lily

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Hi Everypony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »

Wow, these are so neat!

Edit: Welp, just made three Pinterest boards for these babies, I had no idea they were that prevalent! Can't find the bios for Sweetbox Ponies 2 on the official website, but luckily another website had saved them. I think I like the Sweet-tooth line the most in terms of concept, but the designs could use a little something!
There is a series 2?! Link please!! If you come across them for sale please lmk! I love the designs as well but I totally agree they could use some thing to improve the line! Did you see the MLP sweet box? I absolutely must find a set, Spike is too cute and AJ and Rarity look especially Sassy!
You can never go wrong with being kind. :good:

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2018, 03:26:58 PM »

Wow, these are so neat!

There is a series 2?! Link please!! If you come across them for sale please lmk! I love the designs as well but I totally agree they could use some thing to improve the line! Did you see the MLP sweet box? I absolutely must find a set, Spike is too cute and AJ and Rarity look especially Sassy!

Yeah, series one are the most well-recognized here I think, they don't have an official title but I call them the Elemental Melodies based on their website description.

Series one: https://pin.it/chkvabc5buqmy5

Series two, Floral Pony: https://pin.it/ivdtvcq673nc5y

Series Three, Sweet-tooth Pony: https://pin.it/iuujgrxxyl5l23

I also found there are 'crystal' versions of each series, they're translucent, but they only appear on the Russian site.

Through the Pinterest boards there are some links to the official site for Sweetbox Pony info I'm saving! Mainly character bios. They have so many different blind boxes it's crazy. I did see they have actual mlp blind boxes too! Wish I could find some of the Sweetbox Ponies line in stores, but I did find some online.

I'll mail you the links of the ones I've seen available.

No series one ponies that I can see, the line is probably concluded and no longer sold in stores I guess? :(

Offline mewthemew

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 11, 2018, 04:41:26 PM »
Where is every pony finding fakies lately?

As for me, I usually find them thrift shopping, A lot of times they're bundled in with genuine ponies or are at the bottom of bargain "4 items for a dollar" bins in thrift shops.
Places like Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, tend to have fakies, too, but not as interesting as the ones you find thrift shopping. Usually you find giant G3 mold fakes. And also mostly in the US.

Offline Mana Minori

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 11, 2018, 08:56:02 PM »
these are my Fakies. I'm not one for fakies, much, but Luna was really cheap on Ebay, and the other I got in a thrift haul with official ponies. Dunno what to do with her.
formerly nightmare muffin

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 11, 2018, 09:04:25 PM »
Well, I never buy fakies on purpose HOWEVER I do have some of my personal fakies.
Yes, ones from when I was little. Veeeeeeeeeeeeery little. We're talking 2 year old levels of little here.
So here they are and I'll explain all of their backstories....
Spoiler

(Sorry for the horrible picture quality. The lamp in here is yellow sooooo yeah everything's yellow as result)
Starting left from right in the back, we have that tall white unicorn with the pink hair. He was always a boy to me and I got him when I was very young. He came with a knock-off Barbie (who i think I have somewhere...I have her dress with me with the moment and she's actually closer to Megan's size than barbies) who I didn't really like so I mostly played with him. He's coated in light flocking, but I didn't like it when I was little so I started scraping it off but never finished. You can't see it in the pic, but three of the four hooves are bare. I also tried to pull off his horn because I saw how it was attattched and I thought I could put it on my other ponies. I never was strong enough to pull it off though so don't worry XD He has reins attatched under his hair permanently . Interestingly enough, while his tail is (very cheap) hair his mane is actually just a fuzzy strip of fur. :P
TL;DR He was torched by me as a child XD
Let's go to the blue pony in front of him. You might be wondering why she is part purple...yeeeaaaah young me wanted her to be pink so I was coloring her with a marker....it didn't get too far XD So I guess she's my first custom? ;) Her mane came braided and I was always careful to keep them in braids because I didn't learn how to braid until I was 12. It's purple, yellow, and pink. Interestingly enough, while the purple is braided of it's own color, the other two colors are mixed with purple. Also she came with a bow in her tail which is now stuck in her tail. You can't tell, but her body is in the Tootsie pose. (she even has the line on the body marking where the head would match up with the head if she had the right head)
TL;DR I started customizing at the age of 4 with this girl
Next to her is Granny Grapes...yes I actually gave her that name. She came with her hair white and curly, with only one braid which also has beads in it! Her symbol is grapes and her hair is covering it. She also has a white forehead pattern, which is cool. She is again in the Tootsie pose. Aaaaaalso she miiiiiight have some chocolate pudding at the very end of her tail from when I was hungry as a child and was scared to tell my mom...
TL;DR Knock-Off Granny Smith
Next off is the pony with the molded bangs. She is one of the oldest ponies I have and she originally came with a baby but the baby is somewhere else. For some reason her bangs are gold while her hair is white...and no it didn't fade it was ALWAYS white. Weird, right? She also has like shimmery molded on slippers? Her symbol is a heart. I always pretended she was the baby pony's (again, baby not pictured) older sister and was baby sitting her.
TL;DR She was just a babysitter pony who "lost" her little sister
After her, there is the pink pony with the molded on saddle and other features. I don't remember much about her although I'm 99.9% sure her hair is the fading pink color (although it hasn't faded, however I never take my ponies outside so that might be why). Her tail is rooted into her body and her hair came braided (which I just braided into one big braid).
TL;DR She's pretty but I don't remember any memories from her
Going to the front row there is the Fakie Alicorn. I remember being little and thinking her horn was an ice cream cone and thinking she had fly wings XD Her cutie mark is weird and I have no idea what it is (it seriously looks like a certain kind of cell used for reproduction) but I always imagined them as leaves blowing in the wind so she could control wind. Sort of like Gusty before I knew who Gusty was!
TL;DR Just read the last sentence of this paragraph :P
Lastly there are the P Twins (Oh yes, I did name them that) named after their names. I named the green one Peas and the Orange one Peach. They are bootlegged newborn poses and they only have one row of hair. I mention this because you can still see the row where the second row would go. They're also wearing eyeshadow which they are way too young to wear. I remember Peas was always my favorite despite the fact that I hated the food and I loved the food version of peaches. I think I lost Peach once and I got super upset until I found her under the car seat once!
TL;DR I went on a lot of adventures with these girls :)

Well that was most of my fakies. I havea couple others stored somewhere else, but these are the ones I have on me at the moment
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 09:49:54 PM by WaterDraw »

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #206 on: July 11, 2018, 09:05:56 PM »
Ah shoot, your picture didn't show up!   It looks like you used HTML, but the board doesn't 'read' HTML, it only reads BB code.

For example, to display an image you would put:

[ img ]http://www.host.com/ImagePic.jpg[ /img ]

Except without the spaces.

I love hearing the backstories on your fakies, it sounds like they had a lot of fun adventures with you. :)
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #207 on: July 11, 2018, 09:18:47 PM »
I cannot remember for the life of me if I posted my fakie shelf but I think if I did I've changed things up since so here's an update:

Spoiler
While they certainly aren't fakies, I also have my Zoomer ponies up there since they're ponies that aren't MLP.

My Lanards :lovey:

This flocked one is another favorite of mine:

I'm a bit tempted to just start buying every fakie I come across thrifting that I don't already own but they would grow at such a fast rate that I'd have to expand their area. It's amazing how many I've got now though considering I only started keeping fakies I end up with in October.

Might end up giving them risers too, just like what I've been doing with my real ponies. They'd probably look much nicer like that. All the varying sizes would make that a little harder though, I think.

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline WaterDraw

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Back from the dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 11, 2018, 09:51:37 PM »
Ah shoot, your picture didn't show up!   It looks like you used HTML, but the board doesn't 'read' HTML, it only reads BB code.

For example, to display an image you would put:

[ img ]http://www.host.com/ImagePic.jpg[ /img ]

Except without the spaces.

I love hearing the backstories on your fakies, it sounds like they had a lot of fun adventures with you. :)
Thanks for letting me know. For some reason the usual code used to thread a picture didn't work  :blink:
Anyway it's fixed now!
And thanks XD Yeah we went on some wild journeys ;)

Mimic drawn by me~
Inspired by one of the Fluttershy redesigns and The Last Unicorn

Offline Evilunicorn

• Captain Jack Pony
  • Always tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 12, 2018, 02:12:53 PM »

Wow, these are so neat!

Yeah, series one are the most well-recognized here I think, they don't have an official title but I call them the Elemental Melodies based on their website description.

Series one: https://pin.it/chkvabc5buqmy5

Series two, Floral Pony: https://pin.it/ivdtvcq673nc5y

Series Three, Sweet-tooth Pony: https://pin.it/iuujgrxxyl5l23

I also found there are 'crystal' versions of each series, they're translucent, but they only appear on the Russian site.

Through the Pinterest boards there are some links to the official site for Sweetbox Pony info I'm saving! Mainly character bios. They have so many different blind boxes it's crazy. I did see they have actual mlp blind boxes too! Wish I could find some of the Sweetbox Ponies line in stores, but I did find some online.

I'll mail you the links of the ones I've seen available.

No series one ponies that I can see, the line is probably concluded and no longer sold in stores I guess? :(
I love the character descriptions on these  :lol: Marshmallow: can make marshmallow (just one singular marshmallow? Not multiple?) and Cakey bakes cakes (golly gee who would've guessed?)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal