collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The Fakie Appreciation Thread! Show us yer Fakies!  (Read 134309 times)

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
Re: Fakie Appreciation Thread (MLP and non-MLP Moulds)
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2017, 11:45:30 PM »
Oh Teddy, yours girls are precious :D I love that one in the middle with the big hooves :P She looks soo cute!

@Gingerbread :
I now have a variety of those donkey, I think its four or five of every color. I think the blue ones have light blue / white hair, I though dont know if its faded or not, the hair itself is in rough shape mostly :(

Thank you all for your comments, need to take new pics, maybe Ill have time for that today <3

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 06:41:03 AM »
I'm trying to decide if I should go with the traditional "hair matches the body" look that the vast majority of the RnS's have, or shake things up and put in a different colour or even a mix! What do you guys think?
I say keep it traditional! (although it might be hard to find the right fuchsia)

I don't collect fakies as a rule, but this one was so pretty I decided to keep her.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And then there's the ever-popular concerned fakie. Her expression is priceless.

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2017, 02:57:31 PM »

G2 fakies from Toys R Us I got a few years ago. I just love them. Especially the white uni with gold hair. <3

They are stunning! I wonder if they were ever released in the UK? I've never seen them before.

@Gingerbread :
I now have a variety of those donkey, I think its four or five of every color. I think the blue ones have light blue / white hair, I though dont know if its faded or not, the hair itself is in rough shape mostly :(

Thanks for the info :) I will find my thread-haired donkey one day, I am sure she didn't just have regular hair.

I *may* have acquired a couple of fakies off eBay. They haven't arrived yet but one is a unicorn, blue with yellow hair and just looks soooo happy  :P I'll grab pics when they are here.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2017, 04:42:15 PM »
I need to get pictures of all of my fakies, I took photos years ago and kept them up on Photobucket for rapid 'here's my collection!' posting, but now Photobucket is dead... :( So I gotta go through it all and re-upload everything! But it's so much wooooork... DX But I'm commenting so that every time this thread gets bumped, I'll be reminded to do it! ;)

I love seeing all of you guys' photos!! Keep going please! :heart: Such cute fakies we have here!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2017, 03:15:04 PM »
Might as well post my own fakies, they're not with me right now but I have some pictures I took over the summer. I don't have very many yet, but in the future I hope to get more!

It's Limone Mellow, my crumpet fakie! Yeah those are um, my legs. She likes to be tall.

Here's Miss 'n Chance, my Lucky Pony. I want to end up collecting these, and aside from eventually getting a herd I'm currently working on a little bit of lore because I'm that invested in tracking all of the different ones down.

Finally, here's my...Dino...pony? I consider her to be a Cutesaurus fakie I guess, since she's brushable and well, cute looking. Her name's Pearla, after her pearlized toes and tail spikes. It's a good thing she's a herbivore, my ponies have nothing to fear. She's actually a little smaller than an official pony anyhow.

Pearla no! That's too close to the camera--

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2017, 09:41:56 AM »
I quickly took these photo's last night of the new fakie girls. They sure are weird  :)

What hasn't quite come out is that they have glitter on their perfect non-rubbed symbols (? - what does one call them for fakies - ?), and that they have them on both sides. Also the butt cheek photo isn't as easy to see. I will try again over the weekend. I like them.

I am screaming, those are some wonderful Lucky Ponies by Meritus Industries Inc you have there! I haven't seen that heart symbol yet, mind if I use your picture on my Ghost of the Doll forum post about them??  :blush:

No problem at all, though I can take better pictures for you if you like? These are just quick snaps and they are still filthy. I have a spa day scheduled for Saturday

Offline Glitter Yolk

• Depends Pony
  • Researching fakies, as always
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2017, 05:07:20 PM »
I quickly took these photo's last night of the new fakie girls. They sure are weird  :)

What hasn't quite come out is that they have glitter on their perfect non-rubbed symbols (? - what does one call them for fakies - ?), and that they have them on both sides. Also the butt cheek photo isn't as easy to see. I will try again over the weekend. I like them.

I am screaming, those are some wonderful Lucky Ponies by Meritus Industries Inc you have there! I haven't seen that heart symbol yet, mind if I use your picture on my Ghost of the Doll forum post about them??  :blush:

No problem at all, though I can take better pictures for you if you like? These are just quick snaps and they are still filthy. I have a spa day scheduled for Saturday

Yeah that would be great! :biggrin: No need to rush, I can wait! I know the pink one is supposed to be glittery, is the purple one glittery too? Of the pictures I've seen of the pink, none have been able to capture the glitteriness either, so if it doesn't show up no worries!

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2017, 01:42:35 AM »

Yeah that would be great! :biggrin: No need to rush, I can wait! I know the pink one is supposed to be glittery, is the purple one glittery too? Of the pictures I've seen of the pink, none have been able to capture the glitteriness either, so if it doesn't show up no worries!

Yes it is, sent you a pm  :)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2017, 10:37:05 AM »
  I'd love to have some remcos and a worried fakie.

OMGS you have a green Princess Rinse n Spit!!! :whoa: WANT!!

I need to post piccies of mine soon.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2017, 01:23:51 PM »
One of my friends came to visit and seated Concerned Pony in my Transformer who turns into an electric chair.  Priceless.

Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2017, 08:46:19 PM »
One of my friends came to visit and seated Concerned Pony in my Transformer who turns into an electric chair.  Priceless.

:haha: I love it!

Finally, here's my...Dino...pony? I consider her to be a Cutesaurus fakie I guess, since she's brushable and well, cute looking. Her name's Pearla, after her pearlized toes and tail spikes. It's a good thing she's a herbivore, my ponies have nothing to fear. She's actually a little smaller than an official pony anyhow.
She's cute! I've never seen a fakie like her before.

Offline RavenPaw

• Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2017, 12:26:24 PM »
Aww how nice to see some love for fakies.  :)  I usually hate them and didn't think they were good for much but evil customizing experiments, LOL  But now I will see if I still have my box of fakies somewhere and see if I have any that others might want.  I'd be happy to send any to homes that would appreciate them.  ;)

But there are some fakies in my heard.  There are these two which I call "Mom's Honorary Ponies" because when flea marketing with my mom many years ago (we used to do that a lot together) my mom found these and thought they were so adorable and she wanted me to keep them.  So I did since it was really cute how much my mom was into them and we had a laugh about it.  The hearts on their foreheads are supposed to light up and they make whinnying and galloping sounds, but only one of them still works, and just barely.  If I knew how to repair them I would, since they are special to me and my mom.

Also I have these two newborn mold fakies that I found in dollar general many years ago.  I got them because I thought they'd be perfect for making customs without needing to find bait newborns.  But now I have so many newborn pony custom ideas I really wish I would have bought more than just one pair!

I did have two fakies in my childhood collection, if anyone is interested in another of my rambles.  XD  When the Loving Family Ponies came out I saw them in stores and thought they were just the coolest thing since sliced bread.  I asked for "the ponies with the mommy and daddy and baby" for Christmas, I wanted them so bad.  And what did I end up getting for Christmas?  The ugliest mom and baby fakie set I had ever seen.  I was crushed.  I thought Santa must be very dumb if he didn't know what real MLP looked like.  (I had to have been about six  :blush: )  Of course years later I learned that my poor mom had tried her hardest to find the real family sets but they had sold out everywhere.  Anyway, even though I never liked them, for some reason I kept them in the heard until I started collecting in my teens and I tossed them in a box with some other fakies I'd ended up with in bag deals and what not and now I have no idea where they are.  XD

TL;DR:  My mom bought me fakies when I was little and I was not happy.  LOL
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2017, 06:01:18 PM »
Added a bunch of girls to my fakie collection today!

I really need to get a separate shelf up for my fakies!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline ghouldilocks

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 07:24:04 PM »
I love me some fakies! I had a Buddy L as a kid (still have her!) and I've collected more since then. I'm also really fond of Remcos; my fakie grails are actually a Remco burro, deer, and seahorse.

And who doesn't love Princess Rinse 'n' Spit and Concerned Pony???

I also really like carousel fakies  ^.^

I don't really have any photos of all my fakies, but here are the photos I've got so far:

Crumpet fakies are so cute! Here are my childhood fakies (minus a pink baby that was a twin to the blue one):

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2017, 09:30:39 PM »

:lmao:

Post Merge: October 19, 2017, 09:31:38 PM

I love me some fakies! I had a Buddy L as a kid (still have her!) and I've collected more since then. I'm also really fond of Remcos; my fakie grails are actually a Remco burro, deer, and seahorse.

And who doesn't love Princess Rinse 'n' Spit and Concerned Pony???

I also really like carousel fakies  ^.^

I don't really have any photos of all my fakies, but here are the photos I've got so far:

Crumpet fakies are so cute! Here are my childhood fakies (minus a pink baby that was a twin to the blue one):

I'm just in love with most of your fakies! :lovey:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal