collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Sellers - a little help with paypal? - seeeeeeems sorted now :)  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Sellers - a little help with paypal? - seeeeeeems sorted now :)
« on: October 09, 2017, 09:20:51 PM »
Oh boy.., I sure do know how to pick 'em, lol!  :rolleyes:

So, hopefully this is an easy fix - it's more about helping the seller really! I've won an auction on ebay, and noticed that on my ebay purchase history a day later that it said my payment was still processing. I thought that a bit odd so checked my paypal account where it says that the seller is yet to accept my payment?

Since I don't do a lot of selling via paypal, this is a little new to me. I contacted the seller via ebay and just politely asked if there was an issue at their end (advising the above), and I got a reply saying they were new to this and were confused as to how to go about it. One of their messages replied with: "I'm trying to find out how to get the money into my PayPal"

I am just assuming it's a case of them going to their transactions and accepting my payment. I've suggested that and they said they will look into it (well, I hope they do!!)

Anyway, any suggestions I could give them to help them along? Surely it's as simple as pressing a button and if they have any problems they can just ask paypal?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:42:36 PM by Marlin »

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sellers - a little help with paypal?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 09:53:42 PM »
*headtilt* Even if their account is provisional (they haven't finished the set-up / linking to a bank account) or it's otherwise under review, you don't have to accept incoming money.  It just shows up.  Maybe they're not sure how to get the funds /out/ into their bank account?
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 10:10:11 PM »
Oh gosh, this is weird, then. I hope this doesn't turn into a drama! Surely even if she wants to withdraw the funds (which as I understand it can take a few days) it shouldn't stop her dispatching my order - I have paid for it, after all?

But it is odd - there is an egg-timer symbol on my ebay purchase history where normally a dollar sign would show (to indicate the payment status), and paypal quite literally says so and so is yet to accept the payment?  :huh:   :wonder:

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 10:58:32 PM »
That is strange - I've never had that happen.  :blink:  Really hope it resolves itself for you.   Maybe they never finished the registration process or something?  At least you should be covered by eBay/PayPal if things go sideways.
G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

Offline Breyer600

• Trade Count: (+437)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 11:43:53 PM »
The only time I've run across this has been when the payment has been sent in a different currency.  I then have to choose whether to accept or deny the payment; and if I accept, whether to keep it in that currency or convert it to USD.  I'm not sure if there's anything else that can trigger something similar or not.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

MLP Sales  Non-MLP Sales
Wishlist
Avatar by SquarePeg; Sig by Alrak

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2017, 12:01:50 AM »
Thanks, Breyer, that's a good thought!

I just doubly checked and they are definitely in the US and I have definitely paid in US dollars... The mystery deepens!

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2017, 05:51:21 AM »
I would ask your seller to call Paypal for help if they are still having problems.

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »
Thanks, Bluerose, I will. I'll give her some time today (rather than harass her, lol!) but if no joy by my time this evening I'll give her a little push. Can't be that hard to give paypal a call, right? Here's hoping, anyway  :)

Post Merge: October 10, 2017, 06:42:11 PM

Just a quick update - got a message from the seller and it all looks sorted now :)  Not sure what was up but things are looking good my end now. Now just just hope for a quick dispatch!

Thanks for your input everyone  :grouphug:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 06:42:11 PM by Marlin »

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Re: Sellers - a little help with paypal? - seeeeeeems sorted now :)
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2017, 09:23:19 PM »
So glad it was sorted! Hope your item arrives OK!

Offline Marlin

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sellers - a little help with paypal? - seeeeeeems sorted now :)
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2017, 09:24:24 PM »
Lol - me too :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal