collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Who's doing NaNoWriMo this November?  (Read 326 times)

Offline ladybastilla

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Hi there! My name is Kat. Nice to meet you! :)
    • View Profile
    • Hey, Katallina!
Who's doing NaNoWriMo this November?
« on: October 09, 2017, 06:58:48 AM »
Anyone planning to participate in NaNoWriMo 2017 this November?

-- What genre(s) will your story be?
-- Have you decided what it will be about?
-- Are you a plotter or a pantser? (Do you have an outline?)
-- Are you doing any prep or just winging it?

I like the NaNo community, but I thought it would be nice to start a thread here for anyone who is getting involved.

What genre(s) will your story be?

I'm writing a fantasy romance called Enslaved.

What is your story about?

Here's the blurb:

One choice could change everything.

Guilty of killing the man her father wanted her to marry, Tali is a princess on the run. With her blood magic tapped out from the fight, she’ll need help if she plans to stay alive. When she trades a family heirloom to prevent slavers from beating a strikingly handsome merman, she winds up with a body guard. At least, that was the plan…

Caught in bed with the daughter of a powerful necromancer, Niko is certain his luck has finally run out. Then he is purchased, seemingly on a whim, by a young woman who removes his slave collar as soon as they leave the city. Without hesitation he puts the collar on her, claiming her as his own. Sure, he'll help her escape. He wants to leave, too. But until they reach the Elven capitol of Azor Rocha, she will be his.

Then Niko discovers that Tali is the mate he has waited over 200 years for. He must find a way to convince her that life together would be better than anything she has planned. But with their enemies closing in fast, will they live long enough for him to prove it?

Are you a plotter or a pantser?

Definitely a plotter, although I tend to refer to my outlines as road maps because their goal is to get me to each key story point or 'landmark'. I write series fiction, so weaving in fine details from book to book really matters to me. Without all of my notes that would be a lot harder.

Are you doing any prep?

Absolutely! I'm trying to wrap up the first book in the series, or at least most of it, because the main character from book two makes an appearance and I want her voice to stay consistent. I have a complete outline that I keep adding to as I 'see' more of the story. I have character profiles, character art, and a beautiful cover and banner to use for NaNo thanks to one of the people in the Artisans forum.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I'm also hosting this year's Care Package Swap in the All Ages Coffeehouse forum. :) (Sign ups are open until Oct. 21st).

So yeah, I am and have been busy! :)

Swap Wishlist

Thanks go to Nence for my avatar and Jennifer2004 for my sig.

Offline Storybelle

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Who's doing NaNoWriMo this November?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 03:49:19 PM »
Novel Darlings will be doing Nano 2017, with the goal being to finish the book we started last year.  :biggrin:

-- What genre(s) will your story be?
YA fantasy.

-- Have you decided what it will be about?
It's the second half of our book that we started last year.

-- Are you a plotter or a pantser? (Do you have an outline?)
We have our outline for the last 12 chapters. Hopefully, we will finish all 12 with this Nano.

-- Are you doing any prep or just winging it?
Done some prep. The week before no doubt I'll do more but we always improvise a bit. We go on tangents, we have ideas we want to incorporate halfway through writing so who knows what will happen.

We scraped through last year by the skin of our teeth so this year I want to do more than 50,000.  ^.^

We have no blurb or name...we really should work on that but so far a title hasn't really presented itself to us.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal