collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you leave feedback on eBay?

Always.
19 (47.5%)
Mostly unless I forget.
17 (42.5%)
Sometimes. If I don't want to give a bad review I don't give feedback.
2 (5%)
Hardly ever. I just don't think about it.
1 (2.5%)
Never.
0 (0%)
Other. Let me explain...
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: When do you not leave feedback?  (Read 3203 times)

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When do you not leave feedback?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 11:40:30 AM »
I do always leave feed back except once to one buyer in the UK who went to a load of trouble for me arranging for tracking postage specially. I felt terrible but it took more than 3 months for the items to arrive and eBay would not let me leave feedback. I didn't know that this was going to happen and when it did I did my best to contact them to try to resolve it, but if you have a request even slightly out of the norm it seems to stump them completely and they just send you the stock-standard reply of "how to send feedback". Yes, that I know. But it was not what I asked you. Siiiigh...

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 11:54:37 AM »
I do always leave feed back except once to one buyer in the UK who went to a load of trouble for me arranging for tracking postage specially. I felt terrible but it took more than 3 months for the items to arrive and eBay would not let me leave feedback. I didn't know that this was going to happen and when it did I did my best to contact them to try to resolve it, but if you have a request even slightly out of the norm it seems to stump them completely and they just send you the stock-standard reply of "how to send feedback". Yes, that I know. But it was not what I asked you. Siiiigh...
I think you can go into your seller account dashboard, under feedback and go back farther than 2 months.

I usually go out of my way to meet my buyers' needs when they request it off me. Unlike your circumstance, it doesn't usually fall out of the two-month time period, but it has fallen out of the shipping time expected (like when I am supposed to ship within 3 days after payment but my buyer wants to wait for an auction to end a week away so they can combine shipping and hadn't contacted me ahead of time). Yet, after I have gone out of my way doing things like that, they still won't leave feedback, it's irritating.

And I have had a couple in the past few months who have sent me messages about how they loved the ponies and the customer service and were going to leave positive feedback but then never did..... I don't get it?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:10:02 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 12:16:35 PM »
I think you can go into your seller account dashboard, under feedback and go back farther than 2 months.

I usually go out of my way to meet my buyers' needs when they request it off me. Unlike your circumstance, it doesn't usually fall out of the two-month time period, but it has fallen out of the shipping time expected (like when I am supposed to ship within 3 days after payment but my buyer wants to wait for an auction to end a week away so they can combine shipping and hadn't contacted me ahead of time). Yet, after I have gone out of my way doing things like that, they still won't leave feedback, it's irritating.

And I have had a couple in the past few months who have sent me messages about how they loved the ponies and the customer service and were going to leave positive feedback but then never did..... I don't get it?

That must be so frustrating!

I don't sell, only buy, and I wasn't allowed to even contact the seller to let her know what happened. We had a postal strike and go-slow combined with Christmas which really delayed everything.  :(

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 12:24:26 PM »

That must be so frustrating!

I don't sell, only buy, and I wasn't allowed to even contact the seller to let her know what happened. We had a postal strike and go-slow combined with Christmas which really delayed everything.  :(

Well, you may be able to go under your dashboard, account, feedback and go back that way. It would be the same place as if you wanted to reply to a feedback. EBay's search engine isn't helpful at all and neither is their "help" option. Sometimes you just need to explore their dashboard.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 08:55:41 PM »
I leave feedback in batches at a time, to both buyers and sellers.

That said . . . although I do like getting feedback as a buyer, it's also pretty pointless.  Like, wow, you've rewarded me for doing the bare minimum: paying for a thing I bought, lol.  It's not like you get feedback when you shop on HasbroToyShop or Amazon or anywhere else, but we are so conditioned to expect it on eBay.

Its not just that. Getting good feedback by paying quickly and by not being a jerk lets others know they can risk selling to you without fear of getting screwed over.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 09:47:38 PM »
Most of the time. I'm pretty vigilant with feedback really. Sometimes I won't leave feedback if I'm conflicted about the purchase. Then I'll usually air my grievances to the seller privately, via PM, rather than potentially confusing their future customers with my wishy-washy feelings!

For example I recently bought a MLP DVD not available in my region (My DVD player is multi-region). I had to import it, so postage cost was heavily taken into account, and whether or not they used the GSP, because I am NOT paying $30+ to ship a freaking DVD. Just NO. So all I could get my hands on was a really nicely priced DVD, which was listed as in Very Good Condition, but they'd changed the description to be much less detailed than the standard ebay spiel about the condition of the disc and case. Now as I said, the price was really good, but they used a stock picture, so I had no reference for the condition. Please guys, only use stock pics if the item is new. Otherwise it's just not okay!

When it arrived, it was not something I would have listed under that condition pier. I would leaned towards 'acceptable', going by the standard ebay condition descriptions, as there were both scratches on the disc, and some light damage to the DVD cover insert. I list DVDs myself, and I only list something as Very Good if it's like new, but without the plastic wrap! But they did have a rather vague condition description, and the stock picture, plus the price should have added up in my head. I took a gamble, and it didn't pay off. It's as much my fault as the sellers, and that's why when I received it, I messaged the seller with my impressions, rather than leaving a neutral, or dinging stars, because really, I got something that *could* have been as described, and the product I received was worth what I ended up paying. Mind you, I'd never buy from that seller again, because I consider moving the condition goalposts and using a stock picture kind of shady, especially when dealing with mediocre-quality items. But maybe it's different overseas, too. Maybe using your own condition terms is acceptable, or the done thing even. In the end I got an item for the going rate of something in that condition. We're even, and I'm happy with the condition of my item being what it is, because it still works.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2017, 10:18:47 PM »
I always leave feedback.
Only one time did I not, and it was because I pre-ordered a figure, and it took many weeks before it was even released, and then shipped to me.

I actually didint even know that theres a time limit to leave feedback.  :huh:

Thank you :heart:

Offline Shaz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 01:31:20 AM »
I'm very diligent about leaving eBay feedback. It's so quick and simple to do! I'm just a buyer on eBay these days, so I don't really mind if I don't get feedback in return. I'm probably a bit lenient with my feedback: if I got the item, I leave positive feedback (I do say if postage was slow or whatever though, but it's generally not the seller's fault). I've only ever once had to leave a negative. It seems I've been lucky and done all my buying from nice helpful people.

I admit I am really bad with Etsy feedback. It takes longer because you actually have to write a review with a certain number of words instead of just giving them five stars and saying 'it's great, thanks'. I also don't buy much on Etsy, and they have a weird rule not allowing you to leave feedback until about a month after you order, so I often forget. But I do try to be a good, feedback-leaving person in general!

Offline Khayman81

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 02:48:15 AM »
I always leave good or great feedback ( sometimes the copy paste is great). Except one time when the pony got lost in the process and l never got it. It was not the seller fault so l didn't want to say anything bad for him or she, but l thought leaving good feedback would've been false.
Recently l left some great feedback to a seller that was new and with no comments on his account. So that he had some for the future. Besides he was really great so why not helping him a bit?
My wish list
My sales
Instagram: mlpsanti
Check my eBay profile for sales https://www.ebay.es/usr/santiagroz0

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 05:33:05 AM »

That said . . . although I do like getting feedback as a buyer, it's also pretty pointless.  Like, wow, you've rewarded me for doing the bare minimum: paying for a thing I bought, lol.  It's not like you get feedback when you shop on HasbroToyShop or Amazon or anywhere else, but we are so conditioned to expect it on eBay.

Its not just that. Getting good feedback by paying quickly and by not being a jerk lets others know they can risk selling to you without fear of getting screwed over.

Agreed. It also lets you know that this person buys, they pay, they are trustworthy, and if they like your item they may come back to you again for something else.

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »
I always leave feedback on Ebay, and here. I also always leave star ratings for Taobao transactions. It's kinda similar to ebay but the ratings for logistics, customer service and I forget the 3rd catagory - item description maybe?, they show up for each individual seller. Due to the language barrier, I usually don't leave written feedback other then to say Thanks in Mandarin. 

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 04:18:16 PM »
I admit that if I am  not happy at all with the way an item was shipped to me but it arrived okay, I typically will not leave feedback.  The way a seller wraps and ships items I buy is a big deal to me.  For example recently I bought a mib pony.  The seller just wrapped it in bubble wrap and a paper sack.  This boxed item should have gone into another box. I was livid even though it had no damage. I cant get myself to give this seller any feedback at all.  Sure I got it and it is okay, but neglecting to use proper shipping materials is big deal to me.  There is no reason to write them either.  If the item is okay they will just get in a twist and tell me to quit telling them how to sell, they have sold for 10 years yadda yadda yadda.  I always leave feedback for anything else, problematic sales where items are not described well, if I plan to return it I will leave feedback if that goes okay.  If I can't return it because it was an international purchase or the seller didn't box it right and I am going to lose more money boxing it correctly to ship it back...well, that again no feedback.  It is hard for me to leave a negative.  I have but not often.  Feedback is one of those things that I feel is important for the whole transaction not just your item arriving, but was it packed right, was it as described, was there any communication, did you get tracking, did they mark it shipped...all of this is a factor.  Many sellers do a great job, but lately people have been super lazy.  It doesn't warrant a negative or a neutral, but I am not going to leave feedback that is positive when I feel the seller did very little to respect my purchase and send it properly, in a decent amount of time and described correctly.  To me no feedback is better than a negative.  This doesn't happen often, but its just a thing with me.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:21:27 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2017, 05:41:42 AM »
As a buyer, I usually leave feedback within 24 hours of receiving the item (unless there's a problem that I need to contact the seller to resolve... in that case I'd wait to see how the transaction works out in the end).

As a seller, I leave feedback after it's left for me. If the buyer doesn't leave feedback after 30 days, I usually leave feedback for them. If there were any issues with the transaction I won't leave feedback at all since you can't leave negative or neutral for a buyer.

I also find that more than 50% of eBay buyers don't leave feedback for sellers these days. :huh: I'm not sure that anything can really be done about it... it is just the way a lot of buyers are.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2017, 05:43:05 AM »
I admit that if I am  not happy at all with the way an item was shipped to me but it arrived okay, I typically will not leave feedback.  The way a seller wraps and ships items I buy is a big deal to me.  For example recently I bought a mib pony.  The seller just wrapped it in bubble wrap and a paper sack.  This boxed item should have gone into another box. I was livid even though it had no damage. I cant get myself to give this seller any feedback at all.  Sure I got it and it is okay, but neglecting to use proper shipping materials is big deal to me.  There is no reason to write them either.  If the item is okay they will just get in a twist and tell me to quit telling them how to sell, they have sold for 10 years yadda yadda yadda.  I always leave feedback for anything else, problematic sales where items are not described well, if I plan to return it I will leave feedback if that goes okay.  If I can't return it because it was an international purchase or the seller didn't box it right and I am going to lose more money boxing it correctly to ship it back...well, that again no feedback.  It is hard for me to leave a negative.  I have but not often.  Feedback is one of those things that I feel is important for the whole transaction not just your item arriving, but was it packed right, was it as described, was there any communication, did you get tracking, did they mark it shipped...all of this is a factor.  Many sellers do a great job, but lately people have been super lazy.  It doesn't warrant a negative or a neutral, but I am not going to leave feedback that is positive when I feel the seller did very little to respect my purchase and send it properly, in a decent amount of time and described correctly.  To me no feedback is better than a negative.  This doesn't happen often, but its just a thing with me.

If you don't think it was packed properly, if people look through a seller's feedback, they will see a comment like "Item wasn't packed properly." I look through sellers' feedback because I am curious from whom I am buying. If you don't feel a neutral or a negative is warranted, then you can ding one star for shipping. It won't hurt the seller's score but at the same time you can leave your message for other buyers so they know that this seller is lazy when packing their items so that they may not want to take that risk. It'll also send a clear statement to the seller that you weren't happy and that there is something on which they can improve if they so choose.

Post Merge: October 11, 2017, 05:11:17 AM

I also find that more than 50% of eBay buyers don't leave feedback for sellers these days. :huh: I'm not sure that anything can really be done about it... it is just the way a lot of buyers are.

I wonder why that is? It seems most people here who are on eBay leave feedback. So I wonder why the "average eBay buyer" feels that they are not entitled to finish the transaction? It would be nice if eBay would step up and see this and make some changes with the feedback system to reflect this trend.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 05:11:17 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2017, 05:52:13 AM »

eBay feedback USED to be vitally important because people used to pay by check and money order before Paypal. With checks / money orders, eBay could not 'force' a buyer to pay or a seller to refund, nor could they 100% know who was telling the truth if a buyer said "I paid" and a seller said "they didn't".  But if the buyer had a string of negative "didn't pay" feedbacks, yeah, that was a big warning to sellers.

But now sellers can't leave negative or neutral feedback for buyers.

So it's meaningless.  All buyers have 100% positive feedback for buying (except very old legacy accounts) because it is impossible to get anything else.

Edit:  I mean, I get that positive feedback is nice to receive;  I like getting it too.  But as far as conveying anything useful to sellers, it just doesn't anymore.

The way to spot problem buyers these days is to check their "Feedback Left For Others" tab.  If they've LEFT a ton of negatives, then they're to be avoided.

Similarly if they've left a high percentage of "there was a problem, but the seller made it right" positive feedback then they are probably a serial "pretends there's a problem and begs / threatens for partial refunds" buyer.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:34:47 AM by LadyMoondancer »
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal