collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Do you leave feedback on eBay?

Always.
19 (47.5%)
Mostly unless I forget.
17 (42.5%)
Sometimes. If I don't want to give a bad review I don't give feedback.
2 (5%)
Hardly ever. I just don't think about it.
1 (2.5%)
Never.
0 (0%)
Other. Let me explain...
1 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: When do you not leave feedback?  (Read 3205 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
When do you not leave feedback?
« on: October 08, 2017, 05:52:54 AM »
This is kind of a complaint/topic. I'm curious as to the lack of feedback lately in my eBay transactions both as a seller and as a buyer. I'll buy something on eBay and get the item and leave glowing feedback and the seller won't leave feedback in return. It's strange. And as a seller I have been selling ALOT of ponies and yet getting very few feedbacks lately. I have probably been receiving one feedback for every 7-8 transactions. It's strange because it never used to be like this. I also wanted to find out if there is anything that you have done that has been successful to remind your buyers/sellers to leave feedback for you?

So I wanted to poll my fellow pony people about your eBay feedback habits. Mods, please move this if it's in the wrong place.

Post Merge: October 08, 2017, 06:00:22 AM

I leave feedback for every transaction good or bad. I rarely leave negatives or neutrals but I feel feedback is an integral part of eBay and our forums.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:28:08 AM by bluerose9978 »

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When do you not leave feedback?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 06:20:34 AM »
Mostly. Usually, I leave it right away so the seller knows I have received my package. If I forget, I will catch it the next time I go in to leave feedback.

Online Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 06:36:03 AM »
Mostly, unless I forget. There have been a few times I had real life stuff going on and  by the time I remembered to leave feedback Ebay wouldn't let me. I try to leave it as soon as I can after getting my item and making sure it's as described. :) I've had a few seller on Ebay not give me feedback in return or be really slow in returning feedback (up to a month later) I've only given 1 negative on Ebay when I was charged for Priority Shipping an the seller sent the item Media Mail.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2017, 07:10:14 AM »
I always leave feedback, the transaction just doesn't feel complete otherwise. I know not ever seller has left me feedback in return.

This has been noticed on Etsy as well. People are saying they get a review for 1 out of every 4-5 transactions. My store is really slow/small, so I've only had 2 sales, but no reviews yet. Gotta get a few more sales and maybe I'll get one.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 07:25:15 AM »
I always leave honest feedback.  Sometimes I'll bet the seller wishes I hadn't disclosed their selling/packaging tactics!  ;)
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 09:12:03 AM »
Most of the time unless I forget or circumstances come together in such a way that I couldn't. I do leave feedback as  appropriate.

I remember leaving neutral feedback because this store showed a picture of one thing, sent us another thing entirely and the only reasons I didn't leave a negative was because the fast shipping from overseas and my boyfriend really liked it. So I mentioned all of that.

The one time I left negative feedback was because I bought something from amazon, the seller musta thought we were blind because he put a different item in entirely, refused to answer our emails and only deigned to answer after we took our case to amazon and told us that the item was out of stock. I called him out on his dishonesty and told him that he should have told us from the get-go and either offered a refund, or offered to let us pick an item of the same value.

Other then that, I like leaving good feedback, as I almost never have problems with sellers and on the occasion that there is a problem with an item, we're both willing to work together.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 09:22:34 AM »
I admit, I am disorganised and I often forget to do it when I receive the item. Or more likely I'm here and not at home and so I get items in bulk when I go home and only then can review what they're like.

I will always leave feedback for a buyer when I know the transaction is done successfully but when I do feedback it is usually in bulk and so it might be a few weeks later but then I'll do twenty or so at once, buying and selling.

I try and leave feedback on here more regularly because the system works better, though I admit sometimes I forget and sometimes the other person forgets and I don't lose sleep about it. But the feedback on here to me is more valid than that on ebay, thus matters more in my mental trading world. On the other hand, Arena feedback also has its limits, because it only represents transactions done here in a specific time period of the site. I had to build it from zero even though I had a lot of prior trades. Most of those (as opposed to sales or buys) were done in the years before there was an Arena or any kind of feedback and where we kept lists of email addresses of past trade partners and people sent emails asking for personal recommendations before they dealt with someone. Maybe that's part of the reason I have a sort of old fashioned view of what 'feedback' really is :/.

I realise the importance of feedback to community safety, but I don't obsess about it and if I don't get left feedback it doesn't hurt my feelings. I make more of an effort to leave good feedback for a member with less feedback already because it matters in their case more than it does in mine.

Frankly, though, I find ebay feedback largely worthless these days for the following reasons.

A seller cannot always leave honest feedback as the negative option is debarred them.

A buyer who leaves feedback on a case where a claim was made for a refund or whatever can have their feedback revoked and removed. I had this happen on someone selling counterfeit stuff which ebay knew was the reason for my claim. I wanted to destroy the counterfeit and not send it back to the seller to sell to anyone else and the only way that was permissable was that my feedback about the counterfeiting was removed, no action was taken against the seller.

Feedback % no longer counts for the whole of your history but a recent period of it. So you can scam a bunch of people in amongst good feedback, wait a few months and then start over and get a 100% record before scamming folk again. Not everyone reads through the feedback of sellers, though they should...they look at the % and it's not always right. Also, because of the above restrictions on sellers, it's not always right when it comes to buyers. I have 100% positive feedback since 1998 on ebay and the only negative I ever had was someone who wrote a positive comment, ticked the neg box, had a mental breakdown over it trying to apologise and ebay removed it when they saw what had happened. In spite of that, Ebay limit how much you can sell based on how much you sold recently, not how good your overall feedback is. In the past one negative could damage your whole reputation. Now it's a passing inconvenience so long as you meet the speed stats, and faster is not always better.

I also hate when people send me a message asking for feedback. That's ugly in my view, asking for feedback to be left. We all do things in our own time and in our own order. We have busy lives, we buy online because of that. I am less inclined to leave feedback for someone who asks for it than I am someone who doesn't. I usually get around to it, I rarely don't do it - but I'm going to do it in my own time, because as I said above, as far as I am concerned it's a very minor thing and much more important that the buyer or seller had a good experience. And I'd rather have an email from a buyer telling me they loved the pony than a shiny comment on my feedback profile. The buyer loving the pony is more important to me than increasing my stats.

And as we've seen in the past, you can be a power seller and have thousands and thousands of feedback...and be lousy at customer service.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:31:23 AM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 09:45:56 AM »
I admit, I am disorganised and I often forget to do it when I receive the item. Or more likely I'm here and not at home and so I get items in bulk when I go home and only then can review what they're like.

I will always leave feedback for a buyer when I know the transaction is done successfully but when I do feedback it is usually in bulk and so it might be a few weeks later but then I'll do twenty or so at once, buying and selling.

I try and leave feedback on here more regularly because the system works better, though I admit sometimes I forget and sometimes the other person forgets and I don't lose sleep about it. But the feedback on here to me is more valid than that on ebay, thus matters more in my mental trading world. On the other hand, Arena feedback also has its limits, because it only represents transactions done here in a specific time period of the site. I had to build it from zero even though I had a lot of prior trades. Most of those (as opposed to sales or buys) were done in the years before there was an Arena or any kind of feedback and where we kept lists of email addresses of past trade partners and people sent emails asking for personal recommendations before they dealt with someone. Maybe that's part of the reason I have a sort of old fashioned view of what 'feedback' really is :/.

I realise the importance of feedback to community safety, but I don't obsess about it and if I don't get left feedback it doesn't hurt my feelings. I make more of an effort to leave good feedback for a member with less feedback already because it matters in their case more than it does in mine.

Frankly, though, I find ebay feedback largely worthless these days for the following reasons.

A seller cannot always leave honest feedback as the negative option is debarred them.

A buyer who leaves feedback on a case where a claim was made for a refund or whatever can have their feedback revoked and removed. I had this happen on someone selling counterfeit stuff which ebay knew was the reason for my claim. I wanted to destroy the counterfeit and not send it back to the seller to sell to anyone else and the only way that was permissable was that my feedback about the counterfeiting was removed, no action was taken against the seller.

Feedback % no longer counts for the whole of your history but a recent period of it. So you can scam a bunch of people in amongst good feedback, wait a few months and then start over and get a 100% record before scamming folk again. Not everyone reads through the feedback of sellers, though they should...they look at the % and it's not always right. Also, because of the above restrictions on sellers, it's not always right when it comes to buyers. I have 100% positive feedback since 1998 on ebay and the only negative I ever had was someone who wrote a positive comment, ticked the neg box, had a mental breakdown over it trying to apologise and ebay removed it when they saw what had happened. In spite of that, Ebay limit how much you can sell based on how much you sold recently, not how good your overall feedback is. In the past one negative could damage your whole reputation. Now it's a passing inconvenience so long as you meet the speed stats, and faster is not always better.

I also hate when people send me a message asking for feedback. That's ugly in my view, asking for feedback to be left. We all do things in our own time and in our own order. We have busy lives, we buy online because of that. I am less inclined to leave feedback for someone who asks for it than I am someone who doesn't. I usually get around to it, I rarely don't do it - but I'm going to do it in my own time, because as I said above, as far as I am concerned it's a very minor thing and much more important that the buyer or seller had a good experience. And I'd rather have an email from a buyer telling me they loved the pony than a shiny comment on my feedback profile. The buyer loving the pony is more important to me than increasing my stats.

And as we've seen in the past, you can be a power seller and have thousands and thousands of feedback...and be lousy at customer service.

I wish it were true that feedback didn't matter but as a seller it actually does. Your items become more visible and eBay will give you more perks. As a buyer it doesn't matter as much, though.

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »

I wish it were true that feedback didn't matter but as a seller it actually does. Your items become more visible and eBay will give you more perks. As a buyer it doesn't matter as much, though.
Only if you meet a certain quota of sales in a set period, though. I used to be able to list as much as I wanted when I wanted, but since I don't sell regularly, now my listing power gets restricted because of the feedback % resetting to 0. It's an unbalanced way of rating sellers based on quantity of sale (ie how much money they are making for ebay), not their quality of sale. I am obviously not saying you're not a good seller, I know you are - but there are plenty of people with a lot of feedback but not much interest in the customer, and they have more right to sell on ebay in spite of that (like my counterfeiter, mentioned above, also a power seller who had been doing this a long time and probably still is).

If Ebay went back to their old system whereby a record was from scratch and you were rewarded according to your feedback tally and not penalised for periods of not selling, I'd go back to leaving feedback more diligently. But right now it's really not about feedback but quantity of sales.

|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2017, 10:03:20 AM »
I was annoyed when I left great feedback for the seller that sold me my MLP Sunny Daze wallet a few years ago and even though I had paid promptly and everything and had been a great buyer, the seller didn't leave me any. I really could've used some too because this was a new ebay account with no feedback at all. On the business side of things, he was great. Got me my item on time and as described and everything but I think not leaving me feedback was a jerk move.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Online Taffeta

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2017, 10:08:56 AM »
I was annoyed when I left great feedback for the seller that sold me my MLP Sunny Daze wallet a few years ago and even though I had paid promptly and everything and had been a great buyer, the seller didn't leave me any. I really could've used some too because this was a new ebay account with no feedback at all. On the business side of things, he was great. Got me my item on time and as described and everything but I think not leaving me feedback was a jerk move.

In a situation like that with a new buyer with no or low feedback I always make an effort to leave feedback because it does matter when you are starting out.
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2017, 10:09:55 AM »
Apparently it didn't matter to that guy but oh well. Still using that wallet all this time later and it's nice and sturdy still.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline Stiletto

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2017, 10:43:39 AM »
You aren't alone in noticing people not leaving feedback on eBay lately.  I was just talking to my friend about my experience with people not leaving feedback from items bought months ago! 

Ebay has evolved a lot since inception and while reputation is still important most buyers don't even realize it is important to sellers.  They get their item and move on just like they would if it were an Amazon purchase.  I think it's just lack of knowledge honestly, but I get a little frustrated too, so we are in the same boat.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 12:18:50 PM by Stiletto »

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2017, 10:45:27 AM »
I leave feedback in batches at a time, to both buyers and sellers.

That said . . . although I do like getting feedback as a buyer, it's also pretty pointless.  Like, wow, you've rewarded me for doing the bare minimum: paying for a thing I bought, lol.  It's not like you get feedback when you shop on HasbroToyShop or Amazon or anywhere else, but we are so conditioned to expect it on eBay.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 10:50:42 AM »
I always leave feedback unless unusual circumstances leave me unsure of what sort of feedback to leave. I think that's only happened twice:

On one a occasion, a seller waited something like ten days without shipping my item. I opened a case requesting a refund as it would be past when the item was needed by the time I'd have received it. He disregarded the request and finally mailed the item.

On another occasion a seller had a misleading listing where the item was not as described. She agreed to a partial refund, but then jerked me around with sob story excuses for a week. She finally issued the refund when I told her I would open a case if she didn't resolve the matter.

Other than those two instances, I've always left feedback.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal