collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

What's your second favorite generation?

The Amazing Gen 1-What will today's adventure bring?
5 (7.9%)
The Graceful Gen 2-She's beauty, she's grace, she's got crystals in her face!
15 (23.8%)
The Beautiful Gen 3-A diverse and beautiful throwback.
31 (49.2%)
Gen 3.5 -Chibi Beginnings.
1 (1.6%)
The Popular Gen 4-Friendship, friendship! Yay!
11 (17.5%)

Total Members Voted: 62

Author Topic: Second Favorite Generation?  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Second Favorite Generation?
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 01:50:52 AM »
Ten years ago I would've said G3 without hesitation but now I am giving it serious thought. I think probably it will still be g3, but I have a new appreciation for G2 with some of the POTW. I like several of the G4 pony brushables and the new sea ponies are adorable, but I hate everything that's come with it as baggage so that sort of spoils that generation for me. That and the insistence of judging past generations by G4, which I cannot stand. I realised over time that that matters more than the fact I don't like the show, because I spent a long time not really liking the G1 show, and I am not a fan of the G3 one either. So I realised any meh I have about G4 comes from idiot behaviour regarding it.

There was a lot of trouble over G2 as well but it was so long ago now it's a distant memory and I've got past seeing them and being reminded of the conflicts but I guess that hasn't happened yet for me with G4. I suspect in ten years I will have a different appreciation for them than I do now because that undertone will have gone away (obviously I am talking about stuff not at the Arena but on the net/in the world in general).

So I am still thinking but it will be between G2 and G3 because until the idiot people put G4 in their proper place alongside all the other generations as part of the family rather than some bizarre thing from which to create drama and disturbing explicit graphics, I find it hard to connect to G4 :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 02:55:52 AM »
Im with Taffeta on this, if you would have asked me 10 or even 5 years ago I would have said G3 without a doubt! I love them, their diversity, their beautiful and detailed symbols... its just love <3 But recently I have fallen in love with G2 too, they are so adorable <3 So, its a close thing, I still chose G3 because their symbols are a bit more detailed and cute compared to the G2.  I love G4 too but more as a cute toy and not so deeply like I love the others.

Offline tebrighteyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »
G2!   I love their packaging, colors, and accessories.   The babies are super cute too.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2017, 10:39:45 AM »
G3 for me. So many lovely ponies. So little time... and space. Definitely far too little space. And I really thought that display cabinet was big enough. But no. It isn't.

Offline SkyCakes

• Trade Count: (+108)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • My Customs
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 10:56:22 AM »
g3 they will always be the second best one for me. They were the gen I collected in between G1. :) I love their poses and symbols some of the color schemes were great.

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2017, 06:02:36 AM »
I don't have a second favourite generation, but I must say that I really like some of the G2 designs. :D I will never collect them because I simply don't like their shape, but everytime a G2 is POTD, I am pleasantly surprised by their colour schemes and symbols (and accessories!).

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2017, 06:17:00 AM »
Gen 2! It's more of a nostalgia thing for me, since even though I grew up with Gen 1, Gen 2 came out when I was still fairly young (10) and I played with them, developed personalities in my head for them, etc. As a whole they aren't the prettiest ponies (at least not the U.S. releases), but I just like them. Oh, and they were the catalyst that got 10-year-old me into serious pony collecting. So I have them to thank for that.

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2017, 09:08:22 AM »
*is the only one to vote for G3.5*

Well, okay then ^^;

I actually like the figures, but diversity would have made that line much better.
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »
G1 will always be my favorite since I grew up with it. But I probably have more G4 ponies than G1 at this point, so my vote goes to G4.

Offline applejackbunny

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 11:48:09 AM »
G3 for me. I grew up with G1 so that's my favourite gen, but I discovered G3 next so there's some nostalgia there (even though I discovered them in my late 20s!). It's the variety, the colours and the symbols etc. that just excite me so much. I ADORE the Winter Series G3s most of all, followed by the Birthflower ponies - gorgeous!  :)
Current wish list: G1: Baby Princess Sparkle (dark purple var.), Dazzleglow (blue heart var.), Cha Cha the Llama; G3: Baby Northern Lights and Winter Ice, Pumpkin Tart Nirvanas: Any interesting Applejacks (esp. Colombian)!, Argie Tomatoberry, Sweet Tooth [/color]

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2017, 04:15:42 AM »
G3 all the way.  G1s will always be my passionate favourite, and the fact that their design is inspired by the G1 ponies makes me love them like cousins to the originals.  There's something very pleasing about G1 and G3s chunky bodies, they feel lovely and substantial in the hand and look very attractive.  The G2s always seemed like desperately underfed ponies in need of a good square meal.  I don't mind the G4s (except for the Equestria Girls line, I can't stand them), but I don't collect them. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal