collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

Favorite from this set?

Hopscotch
11 (29.7%)
Gypsy
12 (32.4%)
Honeycomb
2 (5.4%)
Snowflake
3 (8.1%)
How dare you make me choose just one?!
9 (24.3%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: Favorite UK Adult Pony?  (Read 1788 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Favorite UK Adult Pony?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 02:42:33 PM »
Quote from: Flickafriend

That's a really tough one Taffeta.  I have thought a lot about this and I have decided you should choose Gypsy.  The story about the school fete is adorable, and the detail of remember she was 30p!  How exciting.  Plus that she sounds like she was awesome in the comic and you really liked her character.  So, Gypsy for you.

Hrm. Thank you! I think you are probably right, it just seems like betraying Snowflake. I don't remember getting Snowflake although I remember her almost getting lost/stolen by a former friend when she mysteriously went to visit the friend's house without my taking her there. Gypsy, though, I remember vividly. I know where the fete was, that it was the orange stall, and that she was the second thing to be sold that day! I really loved Gypsy a lot and still do.

But to be fair to the others, I'm going to vote for 'how dare you make me pick one' and let LAW deal with the decision, it's her poll ;)

I never knew Hopscotch was so popular O.o.

Does this mean a shoe will be chucked in my general direction? :silly:

Why stop at a shoe? I have plenty of spare clothing here from summer, we could make a full blown wardrobe fight of it :D

And no, I was just passing the very difficult decision making buck to you, Mistress of the Poll. :angel:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 02:49:56 PM »
Quote from: Flickafriend

That's a really tough one Taffeta.  I have thought a lot about this and I have decided you should choose Gypsy.  The story about the school fete is adorable, and the detail of remember she was 30p!  How exciting.  Plus that she sounds like she was awesome in the comic and you really liked her character.  So, Gypsy for you.

Hrm. Thank you! I think you are probably right, it just seems like betraying Snowflake. I don't remember getting Snowflake although I remember her almost getting lost/stolen by a former friend when she mysteriously went to visit the friend's house without my taking her there. Gypsy, though, I remember vividly. I know where the fete was, that it was the orange stall, and that she was the second thing to be sold that day! I really loved Gypsy a lot and still do.

But to be fair to the others, I'm going to vote for 'how dare you make me pick one' and let LAW deal with the decision, it's her poll ;)

I never knew Hopscotch was so popular O.o.

Does this mean a shoe will be chucked in my general direction? :silly:

Why stop at a shoe? I have plenty of spare clothing here from summer, we could make a full blown wardrobe fight of it :D

And no, I was just passing the very difficult decision making buck to you, Mistress of the Poll. :angel:

:lol:  Don't make me bust out my wardrobe missy. :p

Then I'm gonna hafta go with Gypsy, for finding her at your school fete'. You could say it was destined to be.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Strawberry Swirl

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • #1 Rainbow Dash Kinnie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 04:28:40 PM »
I really adore Honeycomb but the orange freckle unicorn is super duper cute too!
WishlistChecklistSalesPonysonaCommissions

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »
A gorgeous set to talk about that is pure nostalgia for me as I was lucky enough to be there at the time that they were sold.

This was the set as sold in my local little newsagents/music/toy/sweet shop, the one I used to visit every Thursday with a hand full of pocket money while my Mum shopped next door at Waitrose - wow, innocent times, to think us kids were fine to be left alone at that age! Maybe it helped that the staff knew me.

Hopscotch was a spur of the moment purchase by my Grandmother who just happened to join me one day at the shop, so my affections are more for that memory than the pony design itself, but I have grown to appreciate her scheme more.

Snowflake is just crazy-pink that appealed to me in the first 5 minutes of seeing her, but I don't think I appreciated her long after that, maybe it is from that "sunburnt" look when your hair goes pale but your skin goes red  :lol:

Ah, sweet Gypsy - smart pose, unicorn, freckles, glitter tambourines - a strikingly pretty and unusual pony with her orange colourings - she has to be seen in person as on paper an all-orange pony doesn't sound that special. As soon as I saw this pony on the shelf she had to be mine! I kept her hair smooth and un-plaited to that even today she is near-mint. 

Honeycomb - an utter star, gorgeous white pony with insane 80s acid yellow hair, pretty pose and one of the cutest rump symbols ever. But I have already written about her in the POTD thread  ;) Have always wondered what she would have looked like as a unicorn!

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 08:01:17 PM »
Gonna have to go with Gypsy. I normally don't care for orange colored ponies, but she is an exception. She is so pretty and I love unicorns and her pose.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2017, 08:54:14 AM »
Definitely Gypsy - her design is adorable but I mainly love the fact that she's a forest-dwelling fortune teller. Pony after my own heart right there! :D

Offline starstrider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pony pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2017, 04:24:16 AM »
This is one of my favourite G1 sets!  I couldn't possibly choose just one.  Luckily I am very close to completing the set, I just need Honeycomb.  I love all of their colours and poses, they're just so pretty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal