collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Playstation 4 Owners, Need Advice On My Vertical Stand/Cooling Fan  (Read 607 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
On August 20th I bought this top knotch cooling fan/vertical stand for my PS4.  It was around $30 before shipping and made by the company Dobe.  It also has a side part for putting about 5 games and two areas to charge your controllers but it's harder than heck to get them in there since the space is very small for it.
I just use my charging cords for that.  Anyway, I have the fan button pressed in all the time so that when the PS4 comes on the fan comes on.

I mostly play Metal Gear Solid 5 and Grand Theft Auto 5 but I'm just about done with MGS5 for the 10th time and will probably detach my PS4 and hook up my PS3 again to play some older games I like.

Anyway, the fan didn't make a lot of noise at first but after a while of owning it you can notice it more.  I read that vertical stands are not great for a PS4 as it blocks air flow and the side that needs the cooling down the most is the side the stand sits in and I've noticed that side gets hot, especially after playing Metal Gear Solid 5 which is a game filled with data and I think that's the reason why it gets so warm so fast.  So, basically with this game it doesn't seem to be doing the PS4 any good.  I haven't checked Grand Theft Auto 5 recently to see if it does the same thing but the reason why I got the fan was because while playing Metal Gear Solid 5 after a while my PS4 got so hot it shut down without warning because it was overheated.  I think I did play the game for 4 hours or more so that is probably why.

The thing is I used to play games for 7 hours or more on days I wasn't working but now I find myself shutting my PS4 down after a few hours of game play so it doesn't overheat.  But, the 7 hours of game play was usually with my PS3.  Sorry if I sound like I'm contradicting myself.

Anyway, gamers like me do you think I should ditch the cooling fan/vertical stand?  I feel like it might not be doing my system any good and maybe making it worse.  Not sure.

Thanks in advance for answers. :)

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Playstation 4 Owners, Need Advice On My Vertical Stand/Cooling Fan
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 05:56:17 PM »
Moved to Games Cupboard for you :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:20:52 PM by Kiwi »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2017, 06:25:05 PM »
Asked the gaming expert hubby, he says those stands are crap. Ditch it and NEVER have your PS4 vertical.

Also recommended to clean it out - turn on a vacuum and place it at the back of the PS4, then starting from the front and down the sides blow it out with a can of condensed air.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 03:37:56 PM »
Asked the gaming expert hubby, he says those stands are crap. Ditch it and NEVER have your PS4 vertical.

Also recommended to clean it out - turn on a vacuum and place it at the back of the PS4, then starting from the front and down the sides blow it out with a can of condensed air.

Thanks for your help.  I thought I had done a lot of research before buying this thing but not enough apparently.  :lookround:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal