collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Alt-Haired or Just Lazy?  (Read 527 times)

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Alt-Haired or Just Lazy?
« on: October 03, 2017, 11:13:33 AM »
I've decided to do a Haven Bay custom, but can't  rehair a mane worth a poo. As much as I'd love for her to have that rich, stunning, peach hair, I also think it'd make a nice contrast to keep it blue.

Would she be considered a technical alt-hair, or just a lazyish custom? :snicker:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline NightGliderSA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Alt-Haired or Just Lazy?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 09:45:00 AM »
I am not sure what the more experienced pony people would say, but here is my two pence for what it's worth: first if this pony is to be yours you can do whatever you like and make her how you would prefer her to be without worrying about resale value. Or indeed any other consideration.

Second, just tell everyone that you prefer her with blue hair / always wondered what she would look like with blue hair and THIS is why she has blue hair. Don't ever admit that the real reason is because you are not so good at the rehairing thing  ;). This is your custom after all, so your rules.

Good luck; it would be great to see how she turns out!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 10:09:05 AM »
I am not sure what the more experienced pony people would say, but here is my two pence for what it's worth: first if this pony is to be yours you can do whatever you like and make her how you would prefer her to be without worrying about resale value. Or indeed any other consideration.

Second, just tell everyone that you prefer her with blue hair / always wondered what she would look like with blue hair and THIS is why she has blue hair. Don't ever admit that the real reason is because you are not so good at the rehairing thing  ;). This is your custom after all, so your rules.

Good luck; it would be great to see how she turns out!

Makes sense and I'll definitely be posting pictures.  ^.^

Offline Twizel

• Switchblade Kitten
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • This crown gives me a feeling of power! POWER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 06:50:27 AM »
Wayyyyy back before I learned to rehair, I would choose the base pony based on the hair color, so I could still have the hair I wanted! Lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 08:42:40 AM »
Wayyyyy back before I learned to rehair, I would choose the base pony based on the hair color, so I could still have the hair I wanted! Lol.

Usually so do I, unless I can get a white haired or at least white maned pony. Sadly, the only other brushable merponies are the mane six and skystar. boo!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal