collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's your life motto?  (Read 1877 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
What's your life motto?
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:36:29 AM »
Yesterday I found mine. :) People always accuse me of being a push-over, and that I don't go after things that might be better. I am NOT a push-over, and why go after something better if it okay the way it is? But I have never been able to explain it to these people. Now I am. :D

Yesterday I was introduced to the first three life rules of St. Francis of Assisi. The first two apply to me as well, but the third rule IS me. And this is what it says:

"In surrender I find peace, and I go my way unarmed. Peace is what I wish for friend and foe."

What is your life motto, and why does it apply to you so much? :awake:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline orangepeachmango

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Which one's Pink?
    • View Profile
Re: What's your life motto?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 01:54:36 PM »
"there are no bargains between lions and men" - madeline miller

wishlist

Offline Miniature Sheep

• Crystal Dolphin Warrior
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Barry, you're so optimistic...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »
One one hand, I'm inclined to take my life motto from the wisdom of Huxley Pig: "When in panic, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!" but it doesn't really help much when applied to adult life. :P A much more constructive lesson I've taken to heart recently is "We often struggle with insecurity because we compare our Behind the Scenes with everyone else's highlight reel" - it helps a lot to remember that when I'm lacking confidence or just plain freaking out about things (which is several times a day, usually!)

Offline Baby Sugarberry

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »
"Hell is other people." - Jean-Paul Sartre
Or L'enfer, c'est les autres, if you prefer it in its original French.  Pretty self-evident; I'm an introvert.

"No specifications, no guarantees.", and "In the grand scheme of things, nothing really matters." - from me.  Because people don't say what they actually mean, and we're all insignificant in terms of cosmic scale.

G1 Wishlist  It's the final countdown! Looking to purchase the last few G1's for my collection - Watercolor Baby Sea Ponies Foamy, Misty & Surfy - Red Roses - SHS Sweet Sundrop - Springy - Teeny Tiny Snookums (#2)

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 09:20:30 AM »
These are all great! :D

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 12:03:42 PM »
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."  -Conan the Barbarian, paraphrasing Genghis Khan (possibly)

Also -

When everything sucks I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through rough days is 100% and that's pretty good. 

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2017, 07:20:35 PM »
"Life's like a movie, write your own ending."
--Kermit the Frog, The Muppet Movie

"Time glides in secret, and his wings deceive.
Nothing is swifter than the years."
--Ovid, Metamorphoses
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:20:00 PM by kellyponyfeathers »
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 01:44:55 AM »
Nice ones! :D

Skeen: The first one is like the exact opposite of mine, nice to see different perspectives!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • So Soft Pony
  • Always dresses in style
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2017, 07:50:32 PM »
"It'll all be all right in the end.  So if it isn't all right, it isn't the end."

There seem to be several variations ('okay' instead of 'all right', for example) and a number of different people this is attributed to.  So I don't know who to give credit to.  It was, however, popularized by John Lennon.
Rainbow Dash always dresses in style.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 08:36:28 PM »
OK, I'm gonna throw out one more (kinda creepy) one that I just learned recently:

"I always say, if you can't enjoy your own company, then you're not fit company for anyone else."

So why is it creepy? Because it's by Annie Wilks, from Misery, ha ha! It's so appropriate for me (introverted crazy cat lady)! I really want to use it, but I'm afraid that if anyone recognizes it, they'll think I'm psycho! :P
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 08:46:44 PM »
whenever life gets difficult, or just for gosh darn fun, I just recite the lemon rant from portal 2. Really great motivational pep talk. But mottos? Hmm...I do follow with the way of the sloth: live slow, die whenever. Or this handy dandy thing: "many of atoms in your body were forged in a star. Flipping act like it! YEAH!"
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline aintnobuffalo

• Lord Commander of the Minty Army
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ♪Let the voice of love take you higher♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 10:48:23 PM »
I have two I really like. Social justice (which also connects to my job) and maintaining recovery in my own mental health is important to me, so these connect with the fact that making change within yourself or within the world can be hard, but it is worth it, and to achieve it, part of it means taking care of me.

“It is your duty to accept a measure of happiness equivalent to the actions you have taken. Rejecting it violates your contract with yourself. If you effort is not rewarded, your soul rebels.”- Yuko, XXXHolic

“It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay though never quite eradicated.” -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
Sig by Corona
Wish List

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
Nice ones! :D

Skeen: The first one is like the exact opposite of mine, nice to see different perspectives!

LOL  I was joking, but I do like to throw that out when I'm having a bad day.  ;) 

Offline Littlesparklepony

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 02:28:05 AM »
Yesterday I found mine. :) People always accuse me of being a push-over, and that I don't go after things that might be better. I am NOT a push-over, and why go after something better if it okay the way it is? But I have never been able to explain it to these people. Now I am. :D

Yesterday I was introduced to the first three life rules of St. Francis of Assisi. The first two apply to me as well, but the third rule IS me. And this is what it says:

"In surrender I find peace, and I go my way unarmed. Peace is what I wish for friend and foe."

What is your life motto, and why does it apply to you so much? :awake:

I like your Life motto. I wish I could surrender more and have trust in things.

I Think my motto is to practise what you preach.
I believe in karma and that what you do to others will come back to you in some way.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal