collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are G2 not worth anything?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
Are G2 not worth anything?
« on: October 02, 2017, 09:43:47 AM »
Okay,
I need help making since of what just happened. :shocked: In my ebay lurking I saw a lot of 2 MIP (Cupcake and Sky Shimmer, from the  Secret Surprise friends line) of G2 with no bids, staring bid 0.99 USD with 7 USD for shipping with only 22 hours left. So I check the seller, hundreds of positive feedback been around since the early 2000's, so no problem there. I see there are 12 watchers on the lot so I figure maybe people are just waiting till the last min to bid.

So for giggles I bid a dollar, thinking theres no way I will win. :P But today I woke up as the winning bid....how? Does no one like G2 anymore...or did I just get super lucky? I mean 8 dollars for 2 mint ponies from 1997? I still don't see how; I mean I spend that much on G4 that are in current production. :lol:

So am I missing something? Are Cupcake and Sky Shimmer just super unpopular? Or do people dislike the  Secret Surprise friends line?
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Are G2 not worth anything?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 09:51:36 AM »
I'm no expert on pony prices, but G2s that were available in the US seem to be cheaper than ones that were only in Europe, I would imagine this also applies to MOC ponies.

Congratulations on your win!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 10:55:04 AM »
It depends on the G2, really. The later they are, the rarer/pricier they are; Secret Surprise Cupcake and Sky Shimmer were sold in the US, I believe, so they're easier to get a hold of. 

$1 is still a steal, though! Congrats :)

Offline Gingerbread

• Gingerbread Junkie
  • Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • TwinkleEyeTastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 12:44:40 PM »
That's a really good buy! G2s aren't as popular as the other gens, but there are people out there that collect them. I love them - I remember when the first come out, I was an agsty teenager and I HATED them. Now though I think they are supercute.

Looking for Newborn Cutie Rainbow Dash set blanket, Lanard Party Ponies pony & dolls sets, and any odd fakies!

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 08:59:30 PM »
Wow, $1 is a REALLY good deal!  I mean yeah, the US G2 ponies are easier to find than the Euro ones, but still, that's awesome!
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 10:57:55 PM »
Depends on the pony and congrats on your win!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 12:18:15 AM »
It's probably a combination of really good luck and the fact the USA G2s aren't too hard to get, even MOC.  It happens occasionally with the USA G2s.  They are worth something, but not nearly as much as the European ones, so people rarely fight over them.  We're also moving into the holiday season, so it's likely that a lot of collectors are gearing up for holiday shopping.  I've already started mine, and I am cutting back on pony purchases. No matter the reason, you still got a heck of a deal!

Case in point:  I once won a lot of loose but never played with G2 ponies, complete with backcards and all accessories, for $7.  It was basically every single USA G2 they made, mint and complete - including all playsets - all for $7.  The box weighed something like 20 pounds when I got it, and it took me half the night to sort through everything there was so much stuff.  I had no idea how I won it for SEVEN DOLLARS, but I wasn't complaining!  This was years ago when G2s were at peak "who cares?" and nobody really wanted them that much, but still. 

These things sometimes happen.  Some days you just get really lucky, and today was your day:)  Congrats!

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 01:33:10 AM »
I was one of the watchers of those ponies, but the shipping cost to the Netherlands was set SUPER high.
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 06:36:35 AM »
I was one of the watchers of those ponies, but the shipping cost to the Netherlands was set SUPER high.

I would be more than willing to sell/ trade them. As I said before I had no idea I would actually win them and now really don't know what I'm going to do with them. I am more of a customizer than a collector, but I just can't justify ripping open perfectly good MOC from 1997 to use as bait.
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 07:46:42 AM »
Case in point:  I once won a lot of loose but never played with G2 ponies, complete with backcards and all accessories, for $7.  It was basically every single USA G2 they made, mint and complete - including all playsets - all for $7.  The box weighed something like 20 pounds when I got it, and it took me half the night to sort through everything there was so much stuff.  I had no idea how I won it for SEVEN DOLLARS, but I wasn't complaining!  This was years ago when G2s were at peak "who cares?" and nobody really wanted them that much, but still.

Whoa that's amazing! I dream to have a pony experience like that someday. :lol:

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Pierlala

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 09:24:16 AM »

I would be more than willing to sell/ trade them. As I said before I had no idea I would actually win them and now really don't know what I'm going to do with them. I am more of a customizer than a collector, but I just can't justify ripping open perfectly good MOC from 1997 to use as bait.

I believe I have Sky Skimmer, need to check lol. But I am looking for Cupcake yes :D
My wish list: Click here!.

Offline Vintageg2

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Love G2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 05:14:39 AM »
If you need G2 baits just shoot me a pm! :P
Congrats on your purchases :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal