collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hello, I'm RavenPaw and I'm a Pony addict  (Read 741 times)

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Hello, I'm RavenPaw and I'm a Pony addict
« on: September 29, 2017, 10:15:37 PM »
Hello everyone!  My name is RavenPaw.  That's the name of my original character pony persona anyway, so you can call me that.  :)  I live in a small town outside of St. Louis, Missouri, USA.

My Little Ponies are a huge obsession of mine, I have been collecting since I was four years old and my aunt and uncle gave me my first pony, Peachy and the Pretty Parlor.  I am now 35 years old and still have my original Peachy and almost all of the ponies I had as a child.  (Although the Pretty Parlor and other playsets I had as a kid needed to be replaced)  You would think that having collected for so long that I would have a huge collection, but sadly I don't.  I haven't collected continually all those years, I sometimes stopped to focus on other obsessions, or for financial reasons I can't buy every pony I want.  But I always come back to MLPs and I always will.  I have around 375 ponies and friends at last count, but I have a few more than that that haven't been counted yet.  I also collect anything and everything that I can find that has anything to do with MLP, plushies, stickers, blankets, bags, lunch boxes, and so on.  I also collect a couple other toy lines from the 80's, some other toys and plushies both old and new.

I remember taking Peachy and Baby Cuddles (who was Peachy's son in my mind) with me everywhere when I was very little.  Some other favorites from when I played with my best friend are Baby Tic-Tac-Toe (Known as Tic-Tac to her friends, she was the ring leader of a mischievous band of orphan baby ponies who ran a muck through our MLP kingdom, which is called Star Crossed Meadows.  My childhood best friend came up with the name.) Masquerade, Tic-Tac's uncle, who's nickname was Elvis because he had wild hair, Baby Moondancer, who I called Baby Moonshadow because I forgot his name when I was little, Galaxy, who is Masqurade's mate, Gypsy, my first and still one of my only UK ponies so far, and her mate Barnacle, and Tex, who is the single father of twins Milkweed and Tumbleweed (and who is known as the most eligible bachelor in Star Crossed Meadows ;) ).  And I could go on, but I think I've rambled enough *blush*

I am very interested in making custom ponies, I have lots of ideas, but I am artistically challenged, so I haven't made any yet.

As you can probably tell, I heavily favor G1 ponies.  They are the ones I grew up with, I have a deep emotional and nostalgic connection to them, I think they are the cutest, had the most variety in different types, and are just awesome.  But I collect and love all generations.  I have only recently gotten into G4 ponies, but I love them now too.  I adore Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Big Mac, and Shining Armor.  I also love G3 because they look so much like G1 and they are so shiny and colorful, and G2 are cute and unique.

I used to belong to a MLP email group long long ago when the internet as fairly new and email groups were a thing, before and while G2's were out.  I can't remember why I got out of that, but I've always wanted to get back into a MLP collector group, but I just never have, until now.  My boyfriend is really awesome about tolerating my pony rambles, but it would also be great to be around other collectors.  So here I am!

Oh, and sorry I rambled so much.  *blush*
~RavenPaw
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Mewtwofan1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Currently stumbling through somewhere. Send help.
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, I'm RavenPaw and I'm a Pony addict
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:48:41 PM »
Howdy from Canada! Allow me to extend a hoof in greeting. If you're looking to make beautiful customs, check out the arts and crafts corral. There are loads of them, and really talented artists. I'm sure if you asked them, they'd love to share tips and tricks of the trade.
    Holy heck that is a lot of pony! 375?! Where on earth do you keep them all? We would all love to see your collection, even if it all doesn't fit in one picture. Why not post about it in the brags arena so we can all gawk at what over 300 ponies look like? Not that we do it that creepily....hehe.
   Anyway, enough with my rambling ons. Welcome to this lovely corner of the internet and I hope to catch ya around!
This. Sentence. Is. False! Dontthinkaboutitdontthinkaboutit.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:58:42 PM »
Hi Ravenpaw, I'm Leave a Whisper and I too am a pony addict. There's only one cure for our problem...MOAR PONEHS!!!
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline RavenPaw

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 03:18:00 PM »
Hello Mewtwofan1 and Leave a Whisper, thanks so much for the warm welcome!   :happy:

I will for sure check out the Arts & Crafts Corral for info on making customs, and I love looking at customs that others have created, so many are breathtaking, I wish someday I could make customs that good! 

Heh, I have an entire room in my attic devoted to my ponies and other toy collections, and it's packed full.  I wish my ponies were better organized and displayed than they are right now, (some day they will be) but still I will for sure share pictures! 

I agree, the only thing to be done is to get MOAR PONEHS!!  :frolic:
~RavenPaw

Av base by Lady-Cybercat.  Sig base by MoogleyMog

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 05:53:50 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena!
We're a friendly bunch and very pleased to meet you :)

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Griffin

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 04:04:29 AM »
Wow, you have a large collection! :D
Welcome to the Arena, I hope you enjoy your stay here. :good:

In my opinion, good ideas are what make good custom ponies. Rehairing is easy to learn, and painting, sculpting and other skills can always be practiced. Besides, painting on ponies is quite different from painting on a flat surface, so most people need some time to get used to the medium even if they have prior artistic experience. Our talented customizers are always eager to help so don't be afraid to ask and experiment!
Have fun!

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 04:04:42 PM »
Welcome to the arena :) Happy that you are abe to join us on here~!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal