collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: My Little Pony x Colourpop makeup collab!  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
My Little Pony x Colourpop makeup collab!
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:58:21 PM »
I just found out about this collab and I'm so excited! I wish I could get my hands on the palette, Trickles highlighter, makeup bag, and individual shadows!

I really wish there was more MLP branding on the actual products but overall I'm pretty happy. This is a collab I never expected to see!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For anyone unfamiliar with Colourpop who plans to try and grab something when it releases on October 5th, be ready. They tend to sell out very fast afaik but I don't know how much an MLP collection will impact that. They may or may not restock after it sells out, who knows. They're known for releasing tiny batches at a time that sell out only to get restocked, but there's no guarantees. The makeup brushes probably aren't worth the price but the MLP set isn't too overpriced. You could probably find identical brushes on eBay/Aliexpress without the MLP text.

Colourpop has absolutely atrocious customer service, like horrendously bad, so be prepared to have to open a claim if they refuse to fix something. (They tend to try and get off with offering coupons to people if items arrive damaged, missing, etc. Don't let them.)

Available at colourpop.com on October 5th at 10am PST!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 12:57:39 PM by Taxel »

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Pony x Colourpop makeup collab!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 04:07:49 PM »
The collection looks amazing! I might try to grab a piece or two!! Love the look of the palette.

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »
It's nice to see but I think the pony art is a little too understated for me
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
New G1 Inspired MLP Makeup from Color Pop
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 07:58:47 AM »
My friend just sent me a post on Instagram from a company called Color Pop Cosmetics that is introducing on October 6th a line of G1 pony inspired cosmetics, brushes and bags. Still waiting on more information but you can see the Instagram post below as well as the holding place on the official site. Anyone use their cosmetics or know where to buy them?

https://instagram.com/p/BZpVtgJFX_E/

https://colourpop.com/collections/my-little-pony

[Topic merge ~ Mirn]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:38:18 AM by Mirnyj »
~Foxtale~

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
Re: New G1 Inspired MLP Makeup from Color Pop
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 08:27:17 AM »
An article with previews came out yesterday :) I posted a thread here with the link.

You can only buy their stuff from their own website. Sephora is supposed to start carrying some Colourpop items but I doubt the MLP collab will be involved or else it would've already been mentioned.

Colourpop is very popular as a low-priced makeup company but their customer service is complete garbage. Some people have a lot of complaints about the liquid lipsticks, especially the darker colors, so I'd be wary of those if you haven't tried their formula before. I've also seen a lot of complaints about the colors on their shop photos being inaccurate sometimes, so that might be something to keep in mind. The single eyeshadows (Super Shock) are creams so you need to be very careful to make sure they're never left open or they'll dry up.

The collection may sell out before any reviews or swatches can be posted by consumers so its a bit of a gamble. But that's pretty much how it always is with them. I've never bought from Colourpop before but I've witnessed a handful of releases in the makeup community.

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 09:21:07 AM »
I couldn't find the thread earlier... sorry about the double post, hopefully someone  can combine them. I'll buy them online then for sure. I really wanted to see the colors in store ^.^
~Foxtale~

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 09:42:25 AM »
It happens! I'm sure they'll get combined when a mod is available, no big deal.

And same here. The worst thing about Colourpop is that you can't test anything or see how it looks. After packages start arriving many people will post swatches and reviews in makeup places (Instagram, Youtube, Reddit, maybe Temptalia) but I don't know if the MLP collection will have multiple drops. Planning for a Colourpop release is definitely a pain.

Offline FiddlePhan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://myworld.ebay.com/specialefxgreetings
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 01:53:47 PM »
Thanks for all the headsup info on Colorpop Taxel.   The only Colorpop I have was from their base line items at a discount retailer so had no idea what it would be like buying direct.  I will be ready to pounce and prepared for issues if need be.

Offline centaurette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • i'm preparing to shine... from the inside, out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 10:17:52 AM »
OMG i'm so excited! i've never tried colourpop makeup (and every review i seem to read is either very good or very bad!), is the formula nice? i think i might try the whole collection, but not being able to swatch it in person makes me kind of nervous... i read that their lipsticks tend to "flake off" (yikes!) after some wear... i mean i seal my face after i put it on but that still makes me nervous, given how much i adore these shades!

additionally, are their glitter/shiny lip colors actually pigmented, or are they just tubes of glitter? sorry for the 20 questions, i just really want to love this collection and i don't know their return policy but apparently it's really bad so i don't want to have to return anything!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 12:51:36 PM »
OMG i'm so excited! i've never tried colourpop makeup (and every review i seem to read is either very good or very bad!), is the formula nice? i think i might try the whole collection, but not being able to swatch it in person makes me kind of nervous... i read that their lipsticks tend to "flake off" (yikes!) after some wear... i mean i seal my face after i put it on but that still makes me nervous, given how much i adore these shades!

additionally, are their glitter/shiny lip colors actually pigmented, or are they just tubes of glitter? sorry for the 20 questions, i just really want to love this collection and i don't know their return policy but apparently it's really bad so i don't want to have to return anything!

That's the million dollar (16 dollar?) question! I know many people swear by Colourpop but like you said, reviews can be very hit or miss. I would put my full trust in Temptalia's Colourpop reviews, so that could be a place to start, but we don't know if they decided to change any of their formulas for this release. That's my biggest complaint about Colourpop :/ They release things like lighting (they teased another release a few days before the MLP one) and they can sell out so fast its hard to get reviews.

For the matte liquid lipsticks, I'd worry most about the darker shades (Moondancer & Pin Wheel) since I've heard more complaints about the darker shades being a bit more difficult. But some people absolutely swear by their liquid lipstick's so those are probably the biggest tossup in the whole collection. Everyone's lips are different so its kind of a pain to read lip product reviews, especially liquid lipstick because people seem to have much stronger preferences about them.

Don't worry about it! I'm happy to do my best to bring whatever info I can find from the makeup world here. Its super confusing to navigate at times. I managed to find some swatches of everything, including the lip gloss sort of ones. They look decently pigmented, like you could sheer them out or maybe build them up. The swatches are promising!

General extra photos:
Spoiler

And swatches! Keep in mind that swatches only really serve to show you the color of things, especially for the eyeshadows and highlighters, since people apply makeup on their face completely different from how people swatch. They do look good though so I'm pretty dang excited.
Spoiler
Official palette swatches from Colourpop

Matte liquid lipstick

Glossy lip

Supershock single eyeshadows

Eyeshadow palette

Palette

Highlighters and supershock shadows

Very unhelpful lip swatches; none have dried down

Also the launch will be at 10am PST! I'll add that to the OP

Post Merge: October 03, 2017, 04:05:03 PM

Colourpop sent out PR! Keep a look out for reviews on YouTube and Instagram :D

JKissa did a great First Impression video on YT. Its not perfect as a review, since its just first impressions, but its still really detailed and helpful.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 04:05:05 PM by Taxel »

Offline BuckinghamAlice

• Brush N Grow Pony
  • Lost in a Curious Dream
    • View Profile
    • NovelHeart Pony Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 09:15:15 PM »
Funny that I see this now when just a couple days ago the biggest makeup fan I know was gushing about colourpop and swatching some of the highlights on me.  There are a couple of things I would love to get, idk if I will be able to though.

Thank you to Bekuno and tailrustedtealeaf for the adoptables!
*~More NovelHeart/Pony Tumblr/Instagram~*

Offline FiddlePhan

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 10:16:29 AM »
The collection is live!  Go! Go! Go!   Sunbeam is sold out but the rest is in stock.

Offline centaurette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • i'm preparing to shine... from the inside, out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 10:20:18 AM »

That's the million dollar (16 dollar?) question! I know many people swear by Colourpop but like you said, reviews can be very hit or miss. I would put my full trust in Temptalia's Colourpop reviews, so that could be a place to start, but we don't know if they decided to change any of their formulas for this release. That's my biggest complaint about Colourpop :/ They release things like lighting (they teased another release a few days before the MLP one) and they can sell out so fast its hard to get reviews.

For the matte liquid lipsticks, I'd worry most about the darker shades (Moondancer & Pin Wheel) since I've heard more complaints about the darker shades being a bit more difficult. But some people absolutely swear by their liquid lipstick's so those are probably the biggest tossup in the whole collection. Everyone's lips are different so its kind of a pain to read lip product reviews, especially liquid lipstick because people seem to have much stronger preferences about them.

Don't worry about it! I'm happy to do my best to bring whatever info I can find from the makeup world here. Its super confusing to navigate at times. I managed to find some swatches of everything, including the lip gloss sort of ones. They look decently pigmented, like you could sheer them out or maybe build them up. The swatches are promising!

General extra photos:
Spoiler

And swatches! Keep in mind that swatches only really serve to show you the color of things, especially for the eyeshadows and highlighters, since people apply makeup on their face completely different from how people swatch. They do look good though so I'm pretty dang excited.
Spoiler
Official palette swatches from Colourpop

Matte liquid lipstick

Glossy lip

Supershock single eyeshadows

Eyeshadow palette

Palette

Highlighters and supershock shadows

Very unhelpful lip swatches; none have dried down

Also the launch will be at 10am PST! I'll add that to the OP

Post Merge: October 03, 2017, 04:05:03 PM

Colourpop sent out PR! Keep a look out for reviews on YouTube and Instagram :D

JKissa did a great First Impression video on YT. Its not perfect as a review, since its just first impressions, but its still really detailed and helpful.

many thanks, taxel! i was so terrified it would sell out before i made up my mind, so i just took a leap of faith! who sat on their site for the release?! the collection is live now and i got just about everything! :work: you might want to hurry though, everything is selling out super fast! i got my order confirmation just as my boyfriend (from another computer) confirmed that they're out of stock for one of the eyeshadows and a few of the lips already!

be swift, pony lovers, be swift! i was in and out like a demon's whisper (any it's always sunny fans on here?), make sure you get the stuff you want, i don't know if it's going to be restocked!  :what:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 10:23:28 AM by centaurette »

Offline FiddlePhan

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 10:55:59 AM »
Everything is back in stock as of 55min after the launch.  Either products were in people's carts while they were deciding or more was added.

Offline Ledbyrd

• Extra glitter on mine please!
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Twinkle Eyed Nightlight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2017, 04:20:59 PM »
I ordered a few things! Can’t wait until they arrive. I’m so excited :)

Thanks to Nence for my siggy art!
My Wishlist
Currently searching for Ice Crystal

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal