collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: When to open ebay case? *bad seller missbee910*  (Read 2386 times)

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
When to open ebay case? *bad seller missbee910*
« on: September 29, 2017, 06:26:23 AM »
Hello,
I don't buy a ton on ebay so I've only ever had to open a case like 2 in my life and I am wondering if perhaps I am just being impatient. I ordered a G3 lot that contained 3 ponies that all together with shipping came to be 15 USD on 9/14/17 . My purchase page lists the order as shipped but it also lists the delivery estimate as  9/21/17 but the seller has not posted a tracking number. I have tried contacting the seller twice now with no response. I know there have been a lot of natural disasters here lately, so I did check where the seller is listing from and they are not located any where even close to being effected. The seller does appear to be a newer seller but has 30 positive feedback with no negative.

So with all that being said, when would you open a item not received case? It is too soon and I am just being impatient or am I right to be concerned?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 10:47:17 AM by LittleKirara »
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: When to open ebay case?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:10:17 AM »
If the delivery estimate date has already passed with no communication from the seller, I would open that case now. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline northstar3184

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 08:31:33 PM »
How long has it been since you sent the second message? I say give them 48 hours to respond to the second message, just in case for whatever reason the first one didn't go through. If it's already been more than 48 hours since you sent it, I'd go ahead and open a case.

You're not being impatient at all.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 09:05:44 PM »
If the delivery estimate date has already passed with no communication from the seller, I would open that case now. 

This. EBay gives the seller time to respond to a case before it can be escalated, so I would open it now even if you just sent them a second message recently with no response.

Offline LittleKirara

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 06:39:33 AM »
How long has it been since you sent the second message? I say give them 48 hours to respond to the second message, just in case for whatever reason the first one didn't go through. If it's already been more than 48 hours since you sent it, I'd go ahead and open a case.

You're not being impatient at all.

Its been over 72 hours since I last attempted to contact them. So I opened a case this morning, I asked for the tracking number because with how much I paid for shipping I know there should be a tracking number. I also added that if for whatever reason they haven't actually shipped my order that instead of just refunding me I would still like my order so please just ship it if you still have it. According to eBay they have till the 5th to respond or ebay will step in.

If I don't hear back from them should I post their ebay name? They have other mlp stuff for sale.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2017, 07:21:33 AM »

If I don't hear back from them should I post their ebay name? They have other mlp stuff for sale.
Yes please! 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 08:40:43 AM »
I open a case as soon as the estimated delivery date has passed and they haven't contacted me. I've had way to many shady experiences on eBay lately so I don't mess around. I even set my eBay to automatically open a case against buyers who don't pay after 2 days which I feel bad doing but it's better than getting screwed over all the time.

Offline LittleKirara

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 12:06:54 PM »
Okay so 3 hours after opening a case they magically got back to me claiming they were attacked at work and were in the hospital and thats why even though they marked the order as shipped they didn't actually ship it.  Supposedly they will ship my order on Monday. As someone with very poor health, I want to be sympathetic really I do, but I just find it a bit hard to believe considering "being in the hospital" didn't stop them from posting new listings regularly. Its also a bit odd that they just happened to get home from the hospital right after I just so happened to open a case against them.

For right now I am keeping the case open until I receive my order.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 12:11:38 PM »
Okay so 3 hours after opening a case they magically got back to me claiming they were attacked at work and were in the hospital and thats why even though they marked the order as shipped they didn't actually ship it.  Supposedly they will ship my order on Monday. As someone with very poor health, I want to be sympathetic really I do, but I just find it a bit hard to believe considering "being in the hospital" didn't stop them from posting new listings regularly. Its also a bit odd that they just happened to get home from the hospital right after I just so happened to open a case against them.

Like you, I find their story hard to believe. I'm sure they either forgot or thought they shipped your item and hadn't.

If you receive your item, I think I would ding their stars for communication and shipping time.

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »

That's the best thing to do. I don't buy their story either. One of the scenarios Bluerose listed above is most likely the case. There are also shady sellers who give sob stories and reassure their buyers that they'll immediately ship the item in hopes that it'll be sufficient for the buyer to close the case thereby eliminating the possibility of any recourse when they take the money and run.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 04:00:38 AM »
I feel sorry for people who genuinely have gone through some bad experience or health issue that's stopped them from shipping/communicating on time... but... as the others mentioned too, in this case I'm not buying it. If the person can list items during that time, then they could surely have answered your message. And what about those items listed? if the seller was genuinely stuck in hospital all that time, then what if other buyers had bought their items? it would be very stupid to list items for sale without being able to either check the condition of the item or be able to post it if it sold - and how did they take pics for it hmm?...  :huh:  nope, I don't think this seller is being honest with you.
 If they hadn't shipped your parcel then they should not have marked it as shipped. If their story was true they could still have contacted you, and marked the item not shipped, until they were out of hospital  :awake:  Also the timing? as soon as you opened the case they responded with this story? :blink:  it's not looking good for this sellers' honesty TBH :(
If you receive your ponies soon and they are fine and you're happy with them , then ding some stars on shipping and communication. In the meantime, please do not close the case until you receive you parcel. There are way too many scammers out there using sob stories to get people to close cases and take off with the money. Had it done to me once. Never again!

About the estimated shipping date though, I wouldn't always go on what ebay says for that. It's got better, but there can be delays in the arrival times that have nothing to do with the seller, and it's especially  true when it comes to international orders , so we cant immediately assume that the seller is to blame (yes they were in this case, I'm not talking about this case at this point, just generally).    Your seller not communicating is a bad sign. If the estimated date is past then it's right to contact the seller. If the seller does not respond, and especially to multiple attempts to contact them, then you open a case (as you did. That was the right thing to do :bigups:  )   and you leave it open until your item arrives.
I hope that you get your ponies and soon :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2017, 05:39:03 AM »
I feel sorry for people who genuinely have gone through some bad experience or health issue that's stopped them from shipping/communicating on time... but... as the others mentioned too, in this case I'm not buying it. If the person can list items during that time, then they could surely have answered your message. And what about those items listed? if the seller was genuinely stuck in hospital all that time, then what if other buyers had bought their items? it would be very stupid to list items for sale without being able to either check the condition of the item or be able to post it if it sold - and how did they take pics for it hmm?...  :huh:  nope, I don't think this seller is being honest with you.

To be fair, eBay does have an option to auto list, where you can set up auctions and put them in the queue for later and set a time for eBay to list them at a later date without you having to lift a finger at that time. You could be in the hospital while this is going on.

But, she says she was attacked at work. Let's say she was a postal worker attacked by a dog. You're in and out of the hospital probably within a day. If it were me and I had other obligations, I would make sure that I would at least send a message and let them know what happened and that shipping would be delayed. But that's just me. If I couldn't do it myself, I'd have someone do it for me. I've had things major happen to me where I have been in the hospital for a week suddenly and I had to have my husband send out my ponies for me. Thankfully he didn't get any mixed up.

Offline LittleKirara

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
Re: When to open ebay case? *bad seller missbee910*
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 09:23:50 PM »
So after the sob story I told her I was sorry that happened to her and that if she could give me my orders tracking number that would be great. It was pretty clear she wanted me to close the case but I politely informed her that I wouldn't close the case until I received my order, however I also added that I wouldn't advance the case if she would just send the tracking information. After she saw I wasn't going to close the case she just stopped talking to me. I attempted to communicate with her 3 times through out the week, with no response. The complete lack of communication made me escalate the case this morning and eBay refunded me in about 3 hours, obviously siding in my favor.

So the sellers name is missbee910, she does have other MLP stuff for sale, however I personally will not be buying from her again. :huh:

Offline northstar3184

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 01:27:16 AM »
So after the sob story I told her I was sorry that happened to her and that if she could give me my orders tracking number that would be great. It was pretty clear she wanted me to close the case but I politely informed her that I wouldn't close the case until I received my order, however I also added that I wouldn't advance the case if she would just send the tracking information. After she saw I wasn't going to close the case she just stopped talking to me. I attempted to communicate with her 3 times through out the week, with no response. The complete lack of communication made me escalate the case this morning and eBay refunded me in about 3 hours, obviously siding in my favor.

So the sellers name is missbee910, she does have other MLP stuff for sale, however I personally will not be buying from her again. :huh:

I had a feeling that was her angle. I'm glad you got your money back.

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2017, 07:58:59 AM »
Okay so 3 hours after opening a case they magically got back to me

I had a feeling that was her angle. I'm glad you got your money back.

*sigh*  Of COURSE that was her angle.  As soon as you opened that case, and she responded to THAT within hours, you knew she wasn't in the hospital and there was no good excuse for her actions.  :( 

Ugh!  Thanks for sharing her ID with us, hopefully nobody else gets caught up in this.
The Bad Trader List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal