collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you thought exsisted but don't  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Ponies you thought exsisted but don't
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2017, 09:21:15 AM »
Ugh I used to remember all the things I believed when I first started collecting but now I can't remember anything.

Only thing I do remember now was when I was younger I didnt' realize that things in brochures weren't always real... so I swore that the My Little Pony Ice Maker (the windmill one) was real. I kept asking my mom for it but never got it. I can't seem to find a picture right now... but you guys know which one im talking about right? :D

Edit: Found the picture on MLP Wiki: http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/c/c8/Y8-catalog1.jpg

And that Baby Sugarcake and Baby Gametime were boys! :P

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/c/c1/Bday-pamphlet2.jpg

I used to look at these things all the time dreaming of ponies!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:24:27 AM by Foxtale »
~Foxtale~

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2017, 06:02:28 PM »
Only thing I do remember now was when I was younger I didnt' realize that things in brochures weren't always real... so I swore that the My Little Pony Ice Maker (the windmill one) was real. I kept asking my mom for it but never got it. I can't seem to find a picture right now... but you guys know which one im talking about right? :D

Edit: Found the picture on MLP Wiki: http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/c/c8/Y8-catalog1.jpg

Aww, that ice maker looks adorable! Shame they never made it!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2017, 06:22:19 PM »
Ugh I used to remember all the things I believed when I first started collecting but now I can't remember anything.

And that Baby Sugarcake and Baby Gametime were boys! :P

http://mylittlewiki.org/w/images/c/c1/Bday-pamphlet2.jpg

I used to look at these things all the time dreaming of ponies!

Me too. I always wanted the mail orders but never had enough horseshoe points but I’d look through the brochures and dream about them. I didn’t realize the Windmill ice machine wasn’t real either.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline alaskaallie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2017, 10:53:07 AM »
When I was little I had to choose between two ponies at an antique shop: one was one of those pink cabbage patch horses and one was a G1 mlp. Stupid child me chose the cabbage patch one and almost immediately regretted it ever since. The pony I remember was clear and orange and glowed in the dark, it must have been a glow n show. But in my mind it was a unicorn in the posey pose and its mane and tail were completely red and orange so it who knows which one it really was! oh well, better get dazzleglow and happy glow to fix my early childhood regrets.  :P

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2017, 10:01:31 AM »
I forgot about the commercial prototypes. :) I think there’s a different Baby Moondancer in the commercials with painted symbols instead of glittery ones and I think I saw a prototype Baby Truly in a Wish book.

Ponyfan

Painted symbol Baby Moondancer actually does exist :) here's a photo.. I believe she was sold in some other European countries, too? Not sure.

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2017, 03:33:52 PM »

As for my favorite non-existing pony which I once believed in, it has to be the Finnish BBE Baby Lemon Drop which was listed on Dream Valley back in the late '90s.
Spoiler

And people wonder why I call Dream Valley unreliable. The miracle about that screen capture is that that's the improved version of the page, which formerly said that all of these were UK ponies...a myth a lot of people still apparently believe -.-.

Anyhow, going back on topic, I have a list from my notebook compiled in 1998. I'm going to go see if I can find the image again as I posted it before a while back but it is interesting and relevant. It was a list of all the ponies people said existed but hadn't categorised or identified yet. Some of the ponies on the list we now have identified. Some have never surfaced and were probably myths...

I don't know if I believed in them all. But they were in discussion so I noted them down...
Some were ponies I had seen/found at carboot sales myself (Seagull is the nickname I gave german Skydancer because I found one at a carboot sale and she wasn't online at that point). With Bobbie, Sel/Reaperfox was the one who found her first and her name for the pony (Syntax Error) was better, the Bobbie name tag written down in that book was meant to be my personal note because that's what my sister and I called her, I never intended the name to become her official name ;) And I don't remember now why that name, although there was one, and it bugs me all the time ;)

The Argentina/Peru/Brazilian babies belonged to my first trading partner who I met in April 1998 in person and she brought them to show me. That was a long time before any of those ponies were known online.

Here it the list :D

See how many you can spot and how many are fiction (or not yet found ;)

There are painted symbols for Babies Moondancer, Surprise, Glory and Firefly. They're definitely European. Certainly in Scandinavia, Germany and maybe a few other places. But probably not exactly like the prototypes. I've noticed the eyeliner on SS prototypes is mad. I love it. It's so eighties somehow.

I commissioned a custom of that prototype Baby Shady as well. If Hasbro had made her it would have made five year old me really happy, as I had and loved my beautiful movie Shady and really loved reading about her and the baby in the comics. I never understood why the UK set lost babies Lofty and Shady along the way. So I guess add them to the list of those I believed in as a child. Because the comic and fact file said so, and that was all the evidence child me generally needed for ponies existing.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 03:38:28 PM by Taffeta »
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal