collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponies you thought exsisted but don't  (Read 5054 times)

Offline Taffeta

• Trade Count: (+62)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • UK Pony, Jem and Mediaeval Japanese obsessive :D
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Scrapbook
Re: Ponies you thought exsisted but don't
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2017, 01:26:34 PM »
Baby Sugarcake -- oh, wait, she does apparently exist; I just can't find one for the life of me. :P I will believe she exists when I hold her in my two hands, lol!
She does exist! But I feel the same. She is like a mirage far from my fingers :( I have seen her in person at Ponycon twice and once in a pony exhibition. I have even picked her up and patted her pretty hair. But I can never take her home :'( My eighteen year quest continues :'(

Brazilian Baby Lofty is beautiful :D I was allowed to take her home from Ponycon a few years ago :D even though I couldn't take Sugarcake :/
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
|夏草やつわものどもが夢の跡|

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2017, 09:29:18 PM »
These MLP ads from the 80's may explain a LOT of your remembering ponies incorrectly. There are prototypes in here that I never knew existed, including what I think is a baby Sundance without beddy-bye eyes at the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe and a purplish Lickety Split! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEk2aYHff-c

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2017, 12:11:55 AM »
I tried to find baby Lofty in the store and was irratated I kept finding baby Surprise. :whoa: The giant Toys R Us giraffe scared me when I was little but I was proud to say I was a Toys R Us kid. :happy:

I spotted ponies I forgot I had so thanks commercials.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2017, 09:44:21 AM »
These MLP ads from the 80's may explain a LOT of your remembering ponies incorrectly. There are prototypes in here that I never knew existed, including what I think is a baby Sundance without beddy-bye eyes at the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe and a purplish Lickety Split! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEk2aYHff-c

A little off-topic, but the way that girl brushes Curly Locks' hair in the Brush 'n Grow commercial makes me cringe. I suppose that's why we find so many frizzy hair ponies. XD

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2017, 10:04:48 AM »

Blue Sprinkles looks so cute!

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Ponyfan

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2017, 11:33:23 AM »
I forgot about the commercial prototypes. :) I think there’s a different Baby Moondancer in the commercials with painted symbols instead of glittery ones and I think I saw a prototype Baby Truly in a Wish book.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2017, 11:42:58 AM »
I forgot about the commercial prototypes. :) I think there’s a different Baby Moondancer in the commercials with painted symbols instead of glittery ones and I think I saw a prototype Baby Truly in a Wish book.

Ponyfan

Baby Truly would have been precious! X3
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2017, 04:56:05 PM »
I couldn’t find the picture of Baby Truly. I think she was a unicorn.

Ponyfan

Offline Gator

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2017, 06:26:31 PM »
I love the early animation in that YouTube video: Megan and Sundance, and the 2nd set of seaponies with the babies, lullaby nursery and carriage.  I love that style.

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2017, 02:57:23 AM »
Until I started collecting as an adult I was convinced ft baby Sundance and Molly's friends existed. Oh to have the prototype in that commercial! I also thought the mlp snow cone maker or whatever that proto set in the pamphlet was called was real too.

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Online Ponyfan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2017, 05:04:49 AM »
Molly’s friends and Baby Truly must have gotten pretty far in to the production process before they were cancelled since there are a few pics of them. There is a regular eyed Baby Sundance at the Satin Slipper Sweet Shoppe. There’s also Blue Sprinkles and in the first commercial all 6 ponies have Cotton Candy’s spots instead of their own unique symbols.

Found Baby Truly prototype on the Wiki.

http://mylittlewiki.org/wiki/Prototype_Ponies

Ponyfan
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 05:38:45 AM by Ponyfan »

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2017, 10:03:49 AM »
Oh my gosh - where is that Baby Truly prototype?!

Offline Haruna

• Ninja Pony
  • Trade Count: (+64)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Many thanks to Nence for my beautiful avatar!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2017, 08:52:30 PM »
Baby Sugarcake -- oh, wait, she does apparently exist; I just can't find one for the life of me. :P I will believe she exists when I hold her in my two hands, lol!
She does exist! But I feel the same. She is like a mirage far from my fingers :( I have seen her in person at Ponycon twice and once in a pony exhibition. I have even picked her up and patted her pretty hair. But I can never take her home :'( My eighteen year quest continues :'(
So we have an eyewitness account of Baby Sugarcake at least, ha ha! Some shining day she may turn up at a charity shop or something . . . (hope springs eternal)

I know! I wish they'd produced her (in the pose they have her in, not the BBE pose). And that prototype in the picture -- I wonder if it was destroyed or if it lives on somewhere like a few of the prototypes the community's discovered.

Offline NightGliderSA

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 02:02:09 AM »
So we have an eyewitness account of Baby Sugarcake at least, ha ha! Some shining day she may turn up at a charity shop or something . . . (hope springs eternal)

I know! I wish they'd produced her (in the pose they have her in, not the BBE pose). And that prototype in the picture -- I wonder if it was destroyed or if it lives on somewhere like a few of the prototypes the community's discovered.

Hey, look at all the Mimics and Mountain Boys that seem to be popping up at the moment. So you never know...

And how could anyone destroy a pony? I mean, really? Surely some employee took her home for their kid and that kid will one day take that box of stuff to a charity shop because they have boys, not girls, or something and we will find her! (hopehopehope!)

Offline Lilja

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2017, 07:37:48 AM »
The Baby Truly prototype is interesting for sure! She was shown in the Hasbro pre-toy fair catalog for 1986. From what I've read the catalog was thrown together quickly to deceive Mattel into thinking that Hasbro had dropped their plans to produce the Jem dolls (which were omitted from this catalog). This is why the toys shown in it are in a very early not finalized state. They didn't even have the BBE molds ready to show except for one Baby Heart Throb, which is why Truly is shown as a regular Baby even though she would have belonged in the BBE set.

It's clear Hasbro put a lot of effort into the design of early G1, so for every year there must have been a large amount of scrapped and changed designs/ideas which we will sadly never get to see. What has been leaked is probably only the tip of a giant iceberg.

As for my favorite non-existing pony which I once believed in, it has to be the Finnish BBE Baby Lemon Drop which was listed on Dream Valley back in the late '90s. At the time I had no reason to doubt this information and I tried to search for this pony. At some point it became apparent however that there was no such thing as a BBE Lemon Drop, or any Finnish-exclusive ponies at all for that matter.  :biggrin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal