collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Lanard Fakie Collector here :)  (Read 840 times)

Offline Endless_collectathon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Fakie!
  • I love Lanard ponies!
    • View Profile
Lanard Fakie Collector here :)
« on: September 27, 2017, 11:24:27 PM »
Hi there! I'm 24 years old and I live in the US. I just recently got into collecting when I discovered my childhood ponies - Lanard fakies! Ever since I have been trying to learn more about them (someday I think I'd like to put a collector's guide together) and I know no one knows more about them than authentic MLP collectors :)
So expect to see me in the fakie threads and if you have one of those fabled boxes of fakies tucked away, I'd love to see what's in it!

Offline minamarie

• Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Lanard Fakie Collector here :)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 02:13:10 AM »
uhhhhhh I know you you got a box from me ;) welcome here!!

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 05:42:22 AM »
I love Lanards too, my first pony was a Lanard and I've strived to collect as many as I can alongside genuine MLP ^.^

[edit to add] I'd love to see your collection, mine is in storage right now. Welcome to the Arena! (Sorry, I was at work when I posted the first half of my message, was in a rush)  :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:28:59 AM by Tulips »
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 08:51:13 AM »
Welcome to the arena :)

Offline Spinky69er

• BBE Enthusiast Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+160)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 12:57:52 AM »
Welcome to the Arena :lovey:

Hope you have an amazing time on the forum!

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 05:55:33 PM »
Hi and welcome to the Arena!
We're a friendly bunch and very pleased to meet you :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline ghouldilocks

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • The Rainbow Stable
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 11:48:03 AM »
Hello and welcome! You're not also in the My Little Phony group on Facebook, are you? If not, you should join!

ISO: ITALIAN PRETTY PARLOR

(formerly known as ClawleenMeowlen)

• Fakie!
  • I love Lanard ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 11:09:17 PM »
It's probably silly to reply so late to this thread, but I'm finally off the mobile version of the website! Yay!

This is my current collection, minus one or two :)
I did recently sign up for the Phony group on facebook, thanks for the recommendation!
It's so exciting to be part of a fandom that actually has people posting haha! Thank you everyone for welcoming me so kindly :')

Online Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 11:30:43 PM »
Oh wow, that's an awesome collection. I collect them myself, pretty much anything pre-dating and including the 'Party Ponies', and then whatever takes my fancy after that point. I have some of the perfume ponies (4 of them, not sure if there were more?) and I'd love to get my hands on the bridal party again, I traded mine away sadly.

My first lanards were a flocked mummy and baby set, but then I started collecting the party ponies as they were sold in stores. I have the pinto hearts (including the original purple-ish baby, plus the pink re-release) the flowers, and the stars baby, the palomino flowers and the suns baby, and the full set of the pastels. I love them!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

• Fakie!
  • I love Lanard ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 12:13:43 PM »
Oh wow, that's an awesome collection. I collect them myself, pretty much anything pre-dating and including the 'Party Ponies', and then whatever takes my fancy after that point. I have some of the perfume ponies (4 of them, not sure if there were more?) and I'd love to get my hands on the bridal party again, I traded mine away sadly.

My first lanards were a flocked mummy and baby set, but then I started collecting the party ponies as they were sold in stores. I have the pinto hearts (including the original purple-ish baby, plus the pink re-release) the flowers, and the stars baby, the palomino flowers and the suns baby, and the full set of the pastels. I love them!

From other collections I've seen, I do think that 4 perfume ponies is a full set :) OMG I want the bridal party SO BAD! But I'm always just missing them when they go up for sale. I wish there were more images of the box/card backs for this era of the ponies, it's so hard to place some of them or understand what a full set is!
Flocked mom and baby set would be amazing too, I've seen the cutest, most amazing flocked babies on SOLD etsy/ebay posts :cry:. I didn't even know the "normal" color was a re-release, that's so cool! I grew up with the Pinto and Palamino babies and I never even knew there were adults until I learned about "Nirvana" MLP. Doing research about those made me curious about the ponies I'd grown up with, and that led me to Lanard! My grail is the blue Pinto mom  :biggrin:
Collecting them is so fun because you know you're giving them a safe, loving place to stay like no one else! Sometimes I panic thinking how some have been straight up chucked in the trash :huh: but knowing there are actually other collectors out there makes me feel a little more safe haha.
Thanks for responding!

Online Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 10:19:08 PM »
My grails are the palomino butterflies mum & baby. So pretty!

I did have a back card image of the party ponies, but I'll to see if I still have it. If I do, I'll post it. There were 18 ponies total in that set (19 if you count the original pink pinto baby), and I'm pretty sure that the pastels all have predecessors, so there's another 6 at least in that set that I know of, but I've never seen a back card for those, they were before my time and all of mine were second hand, as were the flocked ponies, and many of the more realistically coloured ones. After the bridal set, the back cards stopped including all of the ponies, so you couldn't use them as checklists anymore. They had a bunch of ponies on them, but I kept finding different ones all the time, and that was how I noticed the change.

Offline glitterball

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Be kind and sparkly!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 12:09:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum!
 :cheer: :welcome: :green:
Hope you have fun browsing the topics - a lot of fakie appreciation here!  :)

Offline TornadoLovesMelody

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • My Sales Album (not updated)
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 12:42:15 PM »
Welcome!
Then I know whom to ask should I ever wonder about Lanards :D

• Fakie!
  • I love Lanard ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 02:02:12 PM »
My grails are the palomino butterflies mum & baby. So pretty!

I did have a back card image of the party ponies, but I'll to see if I still have it. If I do, I'll post it. There were 18 ponies total in that set (19 if you count the original pink pinto baby), and I'm pretty sure that the pastels all have predecessors, so there's another 6 at least in that set that I know of, but I've never seen a back card for those, they were before my time and all of mine were second hand, as were the flocked ponies, and many of the more realistically coloured ones. After the bridal set, the back cards stopped including all of the ponies, so you couldn't use them as checklists anymore. They had a bunch of ponies on them, but I kept finding different ones all the time, and that was how I noticed the change.

There's a butterfly baby in a lot I'm looking at on eBay, would you want it :) ?

18?? There are 12 on my list!

The realistic colored ones are the original, then the flocked ones, then the checklist there, with the earliest ones on the bottom.
That makes sense! I love learning more about them, it's like piecing together a giant puzzle :)

Online Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 05:53:55 PM »
the pics you posted are of the first 18, then the 6 older ponies I mentioned, I've never seen that green set from the last picture, actually I'd forgotten about that set entirely (which is sad considering I have one of them!), so there's actually 30 ponies total, including the older ones. I was talking ponies total in my earlier posts, including babies, not sets. God wouldn't it be awesome if there were 18 sets?!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal