collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Poll

How do you really feel about pumpkin spice?

Love it! Can't get enough
11 (24.4%)
Eww, what's the big deal?
9 (20%)
Meh, I could take it or leave it
13 (28.9%)
Haven't tried it, want to
6 (13.3%)
Haven't tried it, not interested
6 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: How do you really feel about pumpkin spice?  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: How do you really feel about pumpkin spice?
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2017, 09:36:36 AM »
"Pumpkin" spice is mostly a mix of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg which is why it actually tastes very little like real pumpkin.

Now this is helpful! And it sounds good, too. :D I never knew exactly what it was, I guess it's just not as known here (except at Starbucks probably, but I stay away from there, I just don't like that business).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2017, 01:05:06 PM »
For those who haven't tried pumpkin pie, I highly recommend it.  It's delicious!  And really easy to make.

Here's a simple recipe:  All Recipes Pumpkin Pie recipe
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »
Ew...that's it

I like the candle scent just a tiny bit. Too much is overpowering and nauseating. I think mainly this is because always had this scent of candle in any decorative candle holder she owned. So, it is nostalgic but sickening all the same.

As far as the flavor, I am not one for the "baking spices" other than cinnamon, lobe cinnamon. It's just gone ridiculously overboard in the US. EVERYTHING seems to come flavored like this as soon as August gets to its end. Pumpkin Spice Oreos, Cheerios, Greenies, Hershey Kisses, oatmeal, baking bits, coffee, Life cereal, Peeps, peanut butter, Chex cereal, yogurt, cookies, marshmallows, pudding, beer, M&Ms....omg and the list continues. It's actually disturbing all the things, all due to marketing.

My husband and I always joke that every pumpkin spice thing should include a pair of Ugg boots, and a pair of sweatpants with something written across the butt. And when I find new products, I send him a photo. It's become such a thing that you can find tons of spoofs if you search it online:
Spoiler
just saw a spoof Trojan condom in PS, I guess if your SO is into that... :whistle: :lol:
Sorry to those not in the US, probably doesn't make sense.

I don't care for pumpkin pie either, but I do like a stew that we make that is made in a pumpkin, and you scrape some out with the stew. My pup likes pumpkin too, pumpkin cinnamon treats, and canned pumpkin if she is refusing to eat or has tummy upset. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is my favorite autumn scent from Bath and Body Works!

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2017, 07:11:23 AM »
Ew...that's it

I like the candle scent just a tiny bit. Too much is overpowering and nauseating. I think mainly this is because always had this scent of candle in any decorative candle holder she owned. So, it is nostalgic but sickening all the same.

As far as the flavor, I am not one for the "baking spices" other than cinnamon, lobe cinnamon. It's just gone ridiculously overboard in the US. EVERYTHING seems to come flavored like this as soon as August gets to its end. Pumpkin Spice Oreos, Cheerios, Greenies, Hershey Kisses, oatmeal, baking bits, coffee, Life cereal, Peeps, peanut butter, Chex cereal, yogurt, cookies, marshmallows, pudding, beer, M&Ms....omg and the list continues. It's actually disturbing all the things, all due to marketing.

My husband and I always joke that every pumpkin spice thing should include a pair of Ugg boots, and a pair of sweatpants with something written across the butt. And when I find new products, I send him a photo. It's become such a thing that you can find tons of spoofs if you search it online:
Spoiler
just saw a spoof Trojan condom in PS, I guess if your SO is into that... :whistle: :lol:
Sorry to those not in the US, probably doesn't make sense.

I don't care for pumpkin pie either, but I do like a stew that we make that is made in a pumpkin, and you scrape some out with the stew. My pup likes pumpkin too, pumpkin cinnamon treats, and canned pumpkin if she is refusing to eat or has tummy upset. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin is my favorite autumn scent from Bath and Body Works!

OMGS!!! :haha:
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline Mami Tomoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • i love sprinkles
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 07:21:15 AM »
"Pumpkin" spice is mostly a mix of cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg which is why it actually tastes very little like real pumpkin.
omg really
i love sprinkles
i also clean ponies so if you want a clean pony contact me

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2017, 07:23:19 AM »
I love pumpkin everything! One of my favorite things about this time of year!

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline Courtz

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Fakie!
  • Just a struggling artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:52 PM »
I had a pumpkin spice latte once. Not for me. I prefer caramel and chocolate.

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2017, 09:08:52 AM »
I absolutely adore pumpkin spice, but I don't actively seek it out in everything I purchase. It's nice to have every once in a while. :yummy:
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2017, 06:25:50 AM »
Pumpkin spice is my best friend. Pumpkin spice hot chocolate is my favorite thing :)
Every year, I stock up on International Delight pumpkin spice creamers for my hot chocolate for the winter season to come.
I also love pumpkin spice Tasty Cake mini donuts and pumpkin spice Keebler's fudge striped cookies  :)
Pumpkin spice is love. Yum!
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal