collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Does anyone speak Italian well enough to help me with this?  (Read 527 times)

Offline Motion-Paradox

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
Does anyone speak Italian well enough to help me with this?
« on: September 27, 2017, 03:14:59 PM »
I hope this is alright, this was the only place I could think of to ask....

Alright, this requires a bit of back story: a few months ago I found an old anime series from the 70s that I ended up becoming quite attached to....unfortunately the company that made it has never seen fit to release the Japanese version in it's entirety (I have all 3 DVDs that are out right now), which is a bit of a cruel irony considering more or less every single dub of the show (including both English versions) are quite easy to find online. There are a couple of companies that are good candidates for releasing it, either here or in Japan, but thus far nothing has been announced. A few years back one of my friends told me that buying DVDs of the Italian dub of a retro anime is a good option if a full series hasn't been released in Japan since they usually release all of it and include the original version, but I wasn't able to find the series I was looking for that way either (Which is a little bit ironic all things considered)....Until possibly last night.

I came across a video last night which advertises a full DVD release of the series and I wanted to try asking at the email address if the Japanese version is included for all 52 episodes....Unfortunately I only know English & Japanese and my knowledge of Latin languages is a bit dicey (I know enough of a few of them to sort of feel my way through shopping websites and a few other things), does anyone speak Italian well enough to help me find out what I need to? Thank you

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eia5pZ2FkJc

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone speak Italian well enough to help me with this?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »
Oh, yikes!  I can understand the Sicilian dialect and can piece together common things from the official language, but I took Italian...16 years ago.  Coming up with complete sentences is dicey at best.

Im sure someone can help you out though ^^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Caffeinecowgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 04:02:23 PM »
Hi there, I'm italian. :) Be aware that the YT video refers to some custom DVDs made by cutting the original episodes aired on the Italian TV (as there are no official DVDs of "Kashi no Ki Mokku" available here in Italy at the present time). I highly doubt there's a japanese version included, I'm sorry. 

This said, I did a reverse search of one of the images and I found an auction for the custom DVDs (http://www.vivastreet.it/usato-cd-dvd-videogiochi-libri/milano/le-nuove-avventure-di-pinocchio-serie-animata-in-dvd/146555358 NOTE: since I'm posting this link as proof, not to advertise the auction, I hope it's fine. If not, I apologize!) and sent a mail to the guy asking if – by chance! – the DVDs have the japanese audio included. I'll let you know if/what he replies.

I would add that the vivastreet site doesn't really have any insurance for buyers to begin with (it's just an advertising space...) so I wouldn't really buy from there... scammers are everywhere, sadly. :/

base by moonflower

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:48:13 AM »
Thanks for sharing your insight Caffeinecowgirl :) 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Caffeinecowgirl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • McDonald's Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 12:29:31 PM »
Quick update: the seller replied! As I thought, the episodes are the ones aired in Italy in 1980. No original japanese language, I'm sorry! :(

base by moonflower

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal