collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What's The Best Pillow To Own?  (Read 891 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
What's The Best Pillow To Own?
« on: September 26, 2017, 05:29:31 PM »
I get so annoyed it's the same story every time.  I usually buy down pillows.  They fit my twin pillowcases to the max and are super fluffy.  Then, after a couple of months they become flatter and don't fit my twin pillowcases as nicely as they used to.  My Mom says to keep fluffing them up and they'll go back to their original shape but once my head hits the pillows they go flat again.  I've always used two down pillows with the second one being nearly flat but it gives the top pillow enough leverage for my head to make it comfortable enough but I'm tired of constantly buying pillows.  I want something that'll last more than a couple of months.

I was thinking about getting the "My Pillow" but anywhere I've seen it it's $50.  They come in different comfort levels and you'd have to try them to see what fits.  I've seen lots of reviews saying they're comfortable and they last a few months then the same issue happens, they go flat.

I've seen things about bamboo pillows but all I've seen is that they just naturally regulate temperature so when you're hot it gets cooler, etc.

I figured most people have this problem but I wanted to see if anyone has found the perfect solution.

Thanks in advance for answers.

Offline Leave a Whisper

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • In the Land of Dreams
    • View Profile
Re: What's The Best Pillow To Own?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 05:35:33 PM »
The My Pillow things are amazing! Barring that, sleep foam is good too.
Thanks to TheRockinStallion for my Ponysona Artless

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 05:46:01 PM »
i have a memory foam pillow, two serta pillows that are filled with cotton fiber filler and a random brand I picked up all except for the memory foam pillow since it has a gel cooler insert tend to get washed and i stick tennis balls in the dryer to fluff them back up. I how ever do NOT recommend washing feather/down pillows as the feathers will kill the machines. I think the down pillows go flat like that to force people to go out and buy new ones.

quick google search gave me this : https://www.overstock.com/guides/how-to-fluff-down-pillows
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thanks to SDS for my sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 07:29:51 PM »
They're expensive, but I've had my Tempurpedic pillows for years. I have the standard contoured neck pillow and the Rhapsody pillow. Seriously, I think I've had the neck pillow for like 11 years now. It's still the same it was when it was new.

It's not fluffy though. I don't think they sell the Rhapsody anymore, but they have so many more different types now that are fluffy and can be shaped any way you want.

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:41:56 PM »
I think mine are all wool!

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:54:42 PM »
I have regular pillows from IKEA that has lasted fluffy for years, even after washing. We have a memory foam pillow as well but neither liked it.

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2017, 06:19:22 PM »
I have a My Pillow and love it!  I like fluffy pillows and had a hard time finding any that would hold the shape.  I've had the same My Pillow for probably 3 years.  When the stuffing starts to shift, I machine wash and dry it and it's perfect again!  I've had to do that maybe 3 times but I wash more often for dust and allergies.  If you go to their website, you just answer a few questions about sleep position and it will " fit" you or recommend which Pillow to get.

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 01:30:04 AM »
I got one of these a few weeks ago and it's perfect.  Less than half the price of the one in John Lewis that lasted me maybe two years.  So fingers crossed. Sorry I'm not sure the USA equivalents but I do avoid down and memory foam.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/

5* Hotel Quality Firm Support Extra Filled 1000gsm Fine Hollowfibre Pillow

I think mine are all wool!

That sounds like a really good idea, I don't think we do that in the UK. I like springy but firm pillows.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 01:32:35 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal