collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What has been your best concert ever?  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Broken Irishwoman

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Revelation 13:16-13:18
    • View Profile
Re: What has been your best concert ever?
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 11:17:36 AM »
Definitely Nightwish in Amsterdam 2015! It was amazing, and it was also Floor's first gig in The Netherlands with Nightwish, so it was a very special night for her as well! We were on the front row, and they were FANTASTIC. :heart:

Plus I got introduced to Amorphis that night, they were one of the support acts (the other was Arch Enemy, but I hated them). Now they are my favourite band, even more than Nightwish (ssssssht, don't tell anyone! :ninja: ).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

He knows that they're the fool...

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »
I've only ever gone to one show, not even a concert, but it was great. The main act was Fear Factory, one of my boyfriend's favorite bands, but I fell in love with one of the supporting acts, Soilworks, after hearing them play. It was pretty intimate since the venue was a small local club and the vibe was just perfect. According to my boyfriend the mosh pit was pretty awesome too but I stayed on the sidelines :P

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 12:38:32 PM »
I've been to a lot of Fleetwood Mac concerts but the best was Stevie Nicks's solo concert earlier this year.  She did some really great live versions of some underappreciated songs, plus some of her best like Bella Donna/Wild Heart.

I've also seen The Who and Steely Dan rather recently, but I'm not a fan of the music.  The concerts were very good though. 

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 01:56:44 PM »
I loooooove going to concerts!!  It's hard to pick on overall favorite, but it would be my second time seeing Ringo Starr.  I have a friend who works for one of the classic rock music stations in my city and he was able to get me into an exclusive reception with Ringo that was meant for people who had spent over $1,500 at Ringo's art show (which I most certainly did not do lol).  So I got to stand about 6 feet away from him and even made eye contact.  As a HUGE Beatles fan it was the most surreal, amazing moment of my life.  After he left and I went and thanked my friend I literally went out in the lobby sat down against the wall and started to sob because I was so over emotional and overwhelmed by the experience.  And I felt really cool being at the show with my VIP lanyard from the reception afterwards  :P

Some of my other favorites have been Paul McCartney, Tom Petty, Dead and Co., Arlo Guthrie, Herman's Hermits, and Denny Lane (three times).  My first concert was the Jonas Brothers so that's also one of my favorites, they put on a great show for sure!  Very fun night.

I'm going to see Dead and Co. again in November so that's very exciting!  I had to sneak out of class and hide in the bathroom to buy my concert tickets when they went on pre-sale.  No one tell my professor  :P  I'm also seeing Badfinger in November, so I'm excited for that too.  I looooove Badfinger, even though it's a bit sad since only one of the original members is still alive now.  I'm very excited to see him, though.

The concerts on my bucket list I haven't seen yet are Billy Joel, James Taylor, Art Garfunkel, and Crosby Stills & Nash.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 02:00:24 PM »
Lotta metalheads up in here visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 09:07:24 PM »
The Black Angels (the time i saw them when Roky Erickson opened for them was ... kinda awkward though ...), Clutch (just crazy good), and Rush-Roll the bones tour (this was my FIRST concert in the way way back of 91) ... the rush concert could have been my first brush with Primus (as a possible opener) but I wasn't aware of Primus then sadly, but also could have been Eric Johnson or Vinnie Moore that early in the tour ... but Bon Jovi puts on a great show too! (i touched his butt on accident lol) and Daughtry is pretty stunning, kinda subdued since it was at a county fair lol and early CountingCrows was spectacular ... i'm gonna shut up and go sit in the corner now lol
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 12:06:37 AM »
Kiss at Rock am Ring in 1997, Robbie Williams in 2003 at Maimarktgelaende in Mannheim.
Saw some great Bon Jovi shows, but also a not so great one. I haven't been to any concert in ages.

Offline SilverHorsey

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • So Soft Pony
  • I am made of horses and ponies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2017, 12:46:48 AM »
Imagine Dragons gave me superb vibes! They haven't released dates for my country yet, but I will be back when they come with their Evolve world tour!
Formerly known as bigmylittleponyfan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal